Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 641 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135535 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The statistics prove that white people are gunned down by police more than black people. Those are facts. Not everything is about race but the media loves to drive that narrative into everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You dont even get it, but this backwards mentality is exactly why these people are rioting. When politicians have this backward mentality, it dismisses the oppression many blacks face in our country due to their skin color.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    They care about what Floyd represents.

Yes people looting TVís and other stuff really care about this!

Gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    24% of the people killed by the police are black. Yet only make up 13% of the population.

For perspective.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    And what do the statistics show about violent crime between the two races?

You dont even get it, but this backwards mentality is exactly why these people are rioting. When politicians have this backward mentality, it dismisses the oppression many blacks face in our country due to their skin color.

Yes yes yes yes

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Go burn a building. It will make your point better received.
    Not condoning the actions but what do you know about being profiled? What do you know about racism? What do you know about cops brutalizing your race and assuming you're guilty before they even arrest you? I can't even quantify how frustrating that has to be for a whole race of people.

Yes people looting TVís and other stuff really care about this!

Gtfo

People rioting do, people burning police stations do, people destroying property do. Of course they do, wtf?

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

This is why they kneel

Are black people and white people treated equally by police?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

People rioting do, people burning police stations do, people destroying property do. Of course they do, wtf?

How do these things change the culture? How does looting and rioting help bridge the gap in cop relations with minorities?

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Not condoning the actions but what do you know about being profiled? What do you know about racism? What do you know about cops brutalizing your race and assuming you're guilty before they even arrest you? I can't even quantify how frustrating that has to be for a whole race of people.
    This is the issue. People throw stats out there, it's ok to help illustrate something, but thats not what any argument should hinge on.

It's the dehumanization that a demographic regularly faces on a clearly much higher scale than the rest of us. We've made strides as a society, and that's great, but this is still a very real issue.

"And the fuzz, treat bruhs,
    Like they manhood never was..."

So you would sooner believe blacks are out of control rather than admit there is a systemic problem?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

How do these things change the culture? How does looting and rioting help bridge the gap in cop relations with minorities?

The looting isn't about bridging a gap, it's about releasing frustration and anger. It doesn't help relations between cops and blacks, it's a destructive reaction to a destructive action. A destructive action which itself doent help the relations between cops and blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Totally get that. No doubt. And I will.never pretend to be in that situation, but I'm sure these past few days will definitely progress that cause though.

The looting isn't about bridging a gap, it's about releasing frustration and anger. It doesn't help relations between cops and blacks, it's a destructive reaction to a destructive action. A destructive action which itself doent help the relations between cops and blacks.

Just like the destructive reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Just like the destructive reaction.
    I know, I pointed that out in my 2nd sentence.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman

I'm not interested in playing the moving the goalpost game.

Fact is blacks make up 24% of those killed by police yet only make up 13% of the population.

Another fact is police are piss poor trained and kill way to many people, regardless of race, unnecessarily.

If you're okay with that, that's on you.
    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 05-30-2020 at 12:33 AM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.