Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 344 of 702 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394444 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 10529
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post

This shooting in Kenosha is so much more than a man just peacefully walking to his car to drive away.
    Actually its not.

Before he was shot 7 times, yes there was much more to this. Once he got shot 7 times, nothing else mattered. That's all that matters. He was flat out murder attempt. You do not shoot someone 7 times unless you are hoping to kill them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    The right glorifies people who shoot African Americans. Just think about that for a second.
    Yes, the general talking heads on the right do this. That's why everyone sees them as a party of racists. They are constantly on the anti minority side. They are constantly applying hypocritical standards to non whites.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

If he had a knife or was going to go get a knife, the police could have just backed up and maintained distance to try and talk him down or, if he charges them with a knife at that point, shoot him then.

I mean, a knife is so ineffective against a firearm it's literally a cliche (never bring a knife to a gun fight).

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    The right glorifies people who shoot African Americans. Just think about that for a second.
    just stop it already...it gets so freaking annoying to see such grossly negligent generalities....'the right' doesn't glorify people shooting blacks........how 'bout you think about THAT for a second

a small percentage of cops unnecessarily shoot people they shouldn't....so in your mind it's all cops
    a small percentage of conservatives are white supremacists....so in your mind it's all conservatives
    What other group were you thinking to so blatantly generalize?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    just stop it already...it gets so freaking annoying to see such grossly negligent generalities....'the right' doesn't glorify people shooting blacks........how 'bout you think about THAT for a second

a small percentage of cops unnecessarily shoot people they shouldn't....so in your mind it's all cops
    a small percentage of conservatives are white supremacists....so in your mind it's all conservatives
    Walter is one of our more noteworthy generalizers, probably right up there with Brewers ó and maybe a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Walter is one of our more noteworthy generalizers, probably right up there with Brewers ó and maybe a few others.
    generally it doesn't bother me that much....but sometimes it just...does...lol
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

Maybe glorify is a strong word, but fox news is always looking at these things from a perspective of how they can justify the person getting shot. Even in this thread some right wing posters quickly trying to say he had a knife in his hand, or in his van, like cmon. Really? What ridiculous attempt at justifying it.

And most important, it is such a CONSTANT PATTERN. I get that some of these situations could be iffy one way or another, but man, when people establish a well defined pattern, its hard to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I'll generalize here n there, I'll admit it. It's probably not the best thing to do.

I still haven't seen any real reasoning (outside of him having a knife in his car which if that's it wow) why some thought this was potentially justified? I shared info with video and eye witness accounts previously and now came across the police chief's comments a while back as well....

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ny/5645279002/

"Following the arrest of five people for shoplifting close to $5,000 of merchandise from Prime Outlets in Pleasant Prairie and a subsequent high-speed chase that ended in a collision with another vehicle, Beth delivered a strong message about the perpetrators, three Black men and two Black women from Milwaukee.

"I'm to the point where I think society has to come to a threshold where there are some people that aren't worth saving," Beth said. "We need to build warehouses to put these people into it and lock them away for the rest of their lives. These five people could care less about that 16-year-old who just got his driver's license yesterday. They drove through a red light, they stole thousands of dollars worth of clothing, and they don't care.

"Let's put them in jail. Let's stop them from, truly, at least some of these males, going out and getting 10 other women pregnant and having small children. Let's put them away. At some point, we have to stop being politically correct. I don't care what race, I don't care how old they are. If there's a threshold that they cross. These people have to be warehoused, no recreational time in jails. We put them away for the rest of their lives so the rest of us can be better."

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Do I think 7 shots at point blank range is excessive, probably. Would I have done the same? Probably not.
    There arenít any rules or standards, as far As Iím aware, as to how many times to fire your weapon when attempting to incapacitate a subject. Could be one shot, could be many more.
    I think there should be common sense used, everyone with a brain knows 7 shots was too much and he had no reason to be in that extreme fear given the situation based on what we know and could see (even with a knife in the car even one shot seems excessive potentially, again given what is known).

What is the standard for "incapacitating" a suspect with extreme/potentially deadly force? Maybe that's the real issue here then.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think there should be common sense used, everyone with a brain knows 7 shots was too much and he had no reason to be in that extreme fear given the situation based on what we know and could see (even with a knife in the car even one shot seems excessive potentially, again given what is known).

What is the standard for "incapacitating" a suspect with extreme/potentially deadly force? Maybe that's the real issue here then.
    I dont know the standard, nor do I know what rules apply to cops, but for any American citizen they would be tried for murder because shooting someone 7 times is a purposeful attempt at killing them.

Even if a thief broke into your house and you shot him 7 times, theres a very realistic chance the DA will be bringing murder charges. Let alone shooting someone on the street in their own car.

Last edited by nastynice; 08-27-2020 at 06:24 PM.

https://twitter.com/Nudiustertian2/s...93534075744257

this white can can swing a knife @ cops and cops just dodge and try to hit him back with a baton.

blake tries to get into his car. he gets 7 bullets in the back. Now imagine in that video 2 black officers shoot and kill the white guy swinging a weapon @ the officers. Faux News, right wingers would want those black cops lynched. but it's ok. white guys who cause trouble just have mental issues. but any black guy doing nothing wrong is a criminal that needs to be shot.

They postponed hockey games. You gotta be ******** me.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    They postponed hockey games. You gotta be ******** me.
    Guess you won't have anything to do tonight except fingerbang yourself.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

No hockey to watch for a day? What a travesty!