Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 330 of 642 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 9630
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Horrible video if what is shown is the whole story. There may be more to this

Here is what may happen………

Police will say he was reaching for a gun

People will say there was no gun and he was reaching for his ID or cell phone (even though the video shows none of the witnesses have a view of the inside of car

If a gun is produced, witnesses will say the police planted it

A medical report will show drugs somewhere…the public will not believe this

and on, and on, and on

If he only would have stopped when the police told him to none of this would have happened. Not blaming the victim, but he could have simply complied to avoid all of this.
    I guess we just shrug and move on then, ay?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, get that there are profiles, but you posted it like you're saying they were just searching for white dudes. lol, I guess it's just the way you worded it.

"search for suspects based on that profile."

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    They did. Police and law enforcement literally searched vans and detained white people while looking for the suspect. They weren’t looking at black males/gang members.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Hundreds over decades. So out of hundreds of thousands of violent crimes?
    I was being modest. It's actually thousands upon thousands. But let's be real: no amount is going to change your mind.

They did. Police and law enforcement literally searched vans and detained white people while looking for the suspect.
    lol

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I was being modest. It's actually thousands upon thousands. But let's be real: no amount is going to change your mind.
    Thousands upon thousands of black men have been convicted of a crime and dna evidence later proved it was a white man?

They did. Police and law enforcement literally searched vans and detained white people while looking for the suspect. They weren’t looking at black males/gang members.
    Can't you see searching white vans is a very distinctive style of vehicle in a very specific color.

That is far different than searching all black guys because the subject was black. Even in your example of police profiling against white men you don't actually demonstrate them profiling against white men, you demonstrate them profiling against white men who drive a very particular vehicle.

That's the difference. In order to be "profiled" a white person must have other identifying features tying them to the crime. In order for black men to be "profiled" all they need is the description of black man.
    Last edited by valade16; 08-24-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    You can care about both. You can care about justice and also care that people’s business and lives who have no involvement in any of this are being destroyed.
    Then why don't you?

Thousands upon thousands of black men have been convicted of a crime and dna evidence later proved it was a white man?
    No, just wrongfully convicted. Heck, they are wrongfully convicted at higher rates than white people:

https://research.msu.edu/innocent-af...lly-convicted/

But your original point was that being wrongfully convicted and it turning out to be a different race that committed the crime was literally impossible. So even one example proves you wrong.

But I'm sure the fact that black people are wrongfully convicted at far higher rates will be yet another ignored by you in your attempts to claim the system is completely fair to them.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol

Is “lol” short for “I was wrong”?

Here’s more proof if you need it...

"We were looking for a white van with white people, and we ended up with a blue car with black people," was D.C. Police Chief Charles Ramsey's afterthought upon the fact that the culprit car had attracted police attention at least 10 times during the critical period, once on an overnight stopover in Baltimore when Mohammed displayed his authentic Washington state driver's license“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bal...story,amp.html

No, just wrongfully convicted. Heck, they are wrongfully convicted at higher rates than white people:

https://research.msu.edu/innocent-af...lly-convicted/

But your original point was that being wrongfully convicted and it turning out to be a different race that committed the crime was literally impossible. So even one example proves you wrong.

But I'm sure the fact that black people are wrongfully convicted at far higher rates will be yet another ignored by you in your attempts to claim the system is completely fair to them.
    I never said that it was literally impossible. Just that it’s extremely rare. Wrongfully convicted does not mean racism. It means the jury was wrong in their judgment. It happens to black people and white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Horrible video if what is shown is the whole story. There may be more to this

Here is what may happen………

Police will say he was reaching for a gun

People will say there was no gun and he was reaching for his ID or cell phone (even though the video shows none of the witnesses have a view of the inside of car

If a gun is produced, witnesses will say the police planted it

A medical report will show drugs somewhere…the public will not believe this

and on, and on, and on

If he only would have stopped when the police told him to none of this would have happened. Not blaming the victim, but he could have simply complied to avoid all of this.
    First Bolded: This sounds more like what you know will happen, not what you think will happen.

Second Bolded: But that's exactly what you're doing.

For reference, this guy broke up the fight between the women. What possible reason did the police have to even target him other than black man with sagging pants? This is a perfect illustration of the implicit bias against black people. Roll up to the scene, see the guy and immediately assume he's the culprit.

Can't you see searching white vans is a very distinctive style of vehicle in a very specific color.

That is far different than searching all black guys because the subject was black. Even in your example of police profiling against white men you don't actually demonstrate them profiling against white men, you demonstrate them profiling against white men who drive a very particular vehicle.

That's the difference. In order to be "profiled" a white person must have other identifying features tying them to the crime. In order for black men to be "profiled" all they need is the description of black man.
    No, they were looking at white people. Prior to a white van being spotted at a crime scene, they were looking for a white male is his 30s-40s with a background in firearms. Once the white van was spotted, they were looking for a white man driving a white van.

I never said that it was literally impossible. Just that it’s extremely rare. Wrongfully convicted does not mean racism. It means the jury was wrong in their judgment. It happens to black people and white people.
    I just showed you it happens to black people far more often. This is your problem, you ignore every facet of the system that targets black people more, but never stop and question why it always targets black people more.

It's like your motto is "ignorance is racist bliss".

No, they were looking at white people. Prior to a white van being spotted at a crime scene, they were looking for a white male is his 30s-40s with a background in firearms. Once the white van was spotted, they were looking for a white man driving a white van.
    Then post all evidence of all the white men 30-40 they stopped, detained, or arrested because they were profiling white men. You still don't get it. It's not that they were looking for a white man 30-40, it's that they didn't profile and stop and frisk a bunch of middle aged white guys to find him. But they do when the subject is black man.

I've never met someone this dense.

Is “lol” short for “I was wrong”?

Here’s more proof if you need it...

"We were looking for a white van with white people, and we ended up with a blue car with black people," was D.C. Police Chief Charles Ramsey's afterthought upon the fact that the culprit car had attracted police attention at least 10 times during the critical period, once on an overnight stopover in Baltimore when Mohammed displayed his authentic Washington state driver's license“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bal...story,amp.html
    lol is short for everything valade said.

There may be a profile of white male, but that doesnt mean they were just going around and treating every white male as guilty until proven innocent.

The fact that you're trying to pass this example off as something similar to the systemic racism blacks face is definitely funny tho. It's a hard reach.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train