Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 329 of 632 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 9467
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That’s not how it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used an actual instance in which that is exactly how it worked. Law enforcement use statistics to determine a suspects profile and search for suspects based on that profile. The profile of that DC sniper was that he was a white guy in his 30s. Turned out to be a black guy in his 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't care what they thought he was reaching for, if they were at a point where they felt need to have weapons pointed at him, there was need to taser or, I don't know, just grab him from behind as he casually walked around the car..........and that doesn't even get into the logic of firing 7 shots at someone seated in a car. There is nothing we do NOT see that results in this being the acceptable outcome.
    Yeah. It did seem like over reaction. And it did seem like there were several alternatives…grab the guy, taser, just lean on him while he was in the car if they saw a gun.

My guess is that the officer saw a gun or another weapon but, as I said, the officers had other alternatives before he got to the car.

And the guy could have simply complied with the police.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I used an actual instance in which that is exactly how it worked. Law enforcement use statistics to determine a suspects profile and search for suspects based on that profile. The profile of that DC sniper was that he was a white guy in his 30s. Turned out to be a black guy in his 30s.
    Thanks for providing an example of how this method works like **** and gets people killed.
    Last edited by flips333; 08-24-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Thanks for providing an example of how this method works like **** and gets people killed.
    Analytics are used more and more to determine best methods moving forward.
    Analytics are a tool to be used...the problem is more in how those tools get utilized.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

If it works like ****, it works likes **** evenly among races.

So, should we not profile??? Does profiling people not work???

If so, why does pretty much every law enforcement agency use profiling???

And aren't the police and law enforcement agencies being profiled by minorities as out to get them??? Or being evil???

Seems like if everyone would dial things back a little, everyone would be better off.

If it works like ****, it works likes **** evenly among races.
    If you say so. lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Analytics are used more and more to determine best methods moving forward.
    Analytics are a tool to be used...the problem is more in how those tools get utilized.
    it's more than that... there is the age old adage in analytics, Crap in crap out. (If you want a analog to the sports world it's why defensive metrics in baseball suck)

On top of that We can get wonderful machine learning algorithms to predict things, but we have no clue what happens in the black box. Which makes it useless for inferring relationships.

So ur saying because the people being shot were white people in their 30's, the police said they are on the lookout for a white man?

lol, are you sure about this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

This is why they kneel

And the cops did not use the “white guy” profile to justify treating random white people like criminals. Hes white wasn’t probably cause for searches etc. that’s not how it works. It seems to be how you behave but we expect better of society.

Last edited by ewing; 08-24-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

it's more than that... there is the age old adage in analytics, Crap in crap out. (If you want a analog to the sports world it's why defensive metrics in baseball suck)

On top of that We can get wonderful machine learning algorithms to predict things, but we have no clue what happens in the black box. Which makes it useless for inferring relationships.
    again, it's a tool....I do some woodworking and have many tools. It's how I use them, not the tools themselves, that improve or deteriorate the results
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So ur saying because the people being shot were white people in their 30's, the police said they are on the lookout for a white man?

lol, are you sure about this?

I’m saying the profile of the sniper fit a white guy. Here is an excerpt

“ What Muhammad, 41, a former Army sergeant and marksman, deviated from is an array of physical, social and behavioral characteristics, often shared by serial murderers, which have been compiled from studies of past cases.

As a result, criminologists, psychologists, sociologists and others who seek to create profiles of such killers generally portrayed the sniper as a white male, probably in his 30s or 40s, who was a loner with weapons training in his background. Many also suspected he might be a government worker.

Few of those experts said they expected the sniper to look or act like suspect Muhammad: an unemployed black man, working with a teenage boy, making fairly frequent efforts to communicate with law enforcement and demanding $10 million.

Muhammad does appear to meet some profile characteristics, including "[sex], age, firearms training and some previous relationship with the American federal government," said Franklin Zimring, a criminologist at the University of California at Berkeley.

While many serial killers are alienated and angry, the D.C.-area sniper broke the "rules" of the murderous genre in ways that surprised and baffled many of those who study such crimes.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chi...story,amp.html

This happens quite often, especially with pedophiles since most pedos are white dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    And the cops did not use the “white guy” profile to justify treating random white people like criminals. Hes white wasn’t probably cause for searches etc. that’s not how it works. It seems to be how you behave but we expect better of society.

At the time, they were searching every white van, especially if the driver fit the profile because a white van was seen at the scene of several shootings. You’re wrong Ewing. Please google it.

I’m saying the profile of the sniper fit a white guy. Here is an excerpt

“ What Muhammad, 41, a former Army sergeant and marksman, deviated from is an array of physical, social and behavioral characteristics, often shared by serial murderers, which have been compiled from studies of past cases.

As a result, criminologists, psychologists, sociologists and others who seek to create profiles of such killers generally portrayed the sniper as a white male, probably in his 30s or 40s, who was a loner with weapons training in his background. Many also suspected he might be a government worker.

Few of those experts said they expected the sniper to look or act like suspect Muhammad: an unemployed black man, working with a teenage boy, making fairly frequent efforts to communicate with law enforcement and demanding $10 million.

Muhammad does appear to meet some profile characteristics, including "[sex], age, firearms training and some previous relationship with the American federal government," said Franklin Zimring, a criminologist at the University of California at Berkeley.

While many serial killers are alienated and angry, the D.C.-area sniper broke the "rules" of the murderous genre in ways that surprised and baffled many of those who study such crimes.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chi...story,amp.html

This happens quite often, especially with pedophiles since most pedos are white dudes.
    No, get that there are profiles, but you posted it like you're saying they were just searching for white dudes. lol, I guess it's just the way you worded it.

"search for suspects based on that profile."

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train