Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 322 of 632 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 9467
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I must terrify him.
    He might crap himself in your neighborhood. So many hillbillies looking people, oh mine goodness.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Bro, everyone stereotypes based on surface level characteristics. It's not something you have to justify.

Most americans feel the surface level characteristic of black skin being correlated to high crime is not a good enough stereotype for us to accept. We want to change this stereotype because we are pro American and we want to stand up for Americans, so they can be their best, which in turn helps america be it's best.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Itís not just black skin though. This isnít the 1950s with Atticus Finch needing to defend an innocent black male. Black skin is only relevant when considering the location/area and other factors as well. Ití was the exact way with Italians and the mafia.

Yeah, that's systemic racism you are seeing.
    Itís not. Itís racism to not see the problem. Are you ok with black people being 50% of murder/violent crime victims while making up a small portion of the population?

So it is about boxes being check. Looks like a black gangsta. check. In a black area. check. Singing a gangsta song, clutch your pearls. Wetting pants, optional.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Denying the issue, as if, itís not a serious issue within the black community is a form of racism in my mind. Almost excusing murders in this community is not acceptable. Iím not profiling black people. Iím pointing out specific black people, mostly males, and stating they could be dangerous. I do the same with any group of people. Stop excusing the issue. Stop making excuses for murders.
    No one is denying the issue. No one is excusing murders. In fact, this shows your bigotry. You're saying that not profiling every black male 18-40 as a murderer is denying and excusing the issue because .001% of them are murderers.

I donít refer to areas as ďblack.Ē I believe thereís a problem in the black community, specifically young black males, with violent crime typically committed against other black people. Until we admit the issue, it canít be dealt with on a government level.
    After slavery and segregation, blacks were not immediately welcomed into white neighborhoods, schools, businesses, etc. They continued in their own neighborhoods. With poor resources, education funding, etc. Without proper education systems and support they struggled more than even poor whites. Couldnít get the same jobs, which created lower income areas which means less money for schools, programs, etc than wealthier and whiter neighborhoods. Weíre not talking about 200 years ago, were talking about recent decades.

There is a myriad of effects that last to today. One of the asks is to correct the proportion of funding so we spend more on education, after school programs, safety nets, etc in these areas than we do on policing. Thatís how you can take a step at the government level towards decreasing generations of criminals. We have to acknowledge the problem of profiteering on prisons and police and the obscene tactics and protections some of them get.

People can ask for recognition of crime in ďblack areasĒ but letís go a few levels deeper to address the cause.

-Legalizing all drugs

-Cracking down on gang activity

- harsher sentences for any crime committed with an illegal/unlicensed gun. Personally, Iíd consider the death penalty
    Or creating systems that prevent people from turning to gangs. Thereís that. We donít need more penalties and policing, we need less criminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    how rural were you planning on getting?
    you have to get pretty deep into the woods before you lose cell service anymore.....well, Sprint still sucks here if you get off a US or state highway very far

tho the story The Renevant was based on happened here....but that was awhile ago
    I've been to some pretty remote areas. Love the outdoors and like to go camping (but not in traditional campsites where you're given a small lot, I like to hike miles off into the wilderness and camp).

Itís not just black skin though. This isnít the 1950s with Atticus Finch needing to defend an innocent black male. Black skin is only relevant when considering the location/area and other factors as well. Ití was the exact way with Italians and the mafia.
    Tell that to Masai Ujiri.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    After slavery and segregation, blacks were not immediately welcomed into white neighborhoods, schools, businesses, etc. They continued in their own neighborhoods. With poor resources, education funding, etc. Without proper education systems and support they struggled more than even poor whites. Couldnít get the same jobs, which created lower income areas which means less money for schools, programs, etc than wealthier and whiter neighborhoods. Weíre not talking about 200 years ago, were talking about recent decades.

There is a myriad of effects that last to today. One of the asks is to correct the proportion of funding so we spend more on education, after school programs, safety nets, etc in these areas than we do on policing. Thatís how you can take a step at the government level towards decreasing generations of criminals. We have to acknowledge the problem of profiteering on prisons and police and the obscene tactics and protections some of them get.

People can ask for recognition of crime in ďblack areasĒ but letís go a few levels deeper to address the cause.
    He doesn't believe in systematic racism. Its Black males and culture that is the problem.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    He doesn't believe in systematic racism. Its Black males and culture that is the problem.
    Itís part of the culture in the Inner city black community for sure. Itís not black males. I donít see a black doctor and think heís less than a white doctor. I just see a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I've been to some pretty remote areas. Love the outdoors and like to go camping (but not in traditional campsites where you're given a small lot, I like to hike miles off into the wilderness and camp).
    Now, that is true camping. No plugin campsites for me either when I was young and single. Tarp covering or tent?

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Squeal like a pig!!
    sorry, movie reminder...

I used to do that all the time...while in Washington my fav were up to some gorgeous meadows in the Rainier foothills.....my knees wouldn't take that now, but generally those areas are...remote..shouldn't be anyone else there and if there is you could hear them for miles
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Itís part of the culture in the Inner city black community for sure. Itís not black males. I donít see a black doctor and think heís less than a white doctor. I just see a doctor.
    Now we are making distinctions. unfortunately for your decon threat assessment chart, some young black doctors like the gangsta look when not working. Are pants hanging above the arse count as a gangsta dress?

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    A white hillbilly rank higher then a black hillbilly looking guy? Do you have a decon threat chart or something that you use for people's looks?

I must terrify him.
    lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train