Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 320 of 629 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 9433
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So you're just going to ignore the part about gun deaths being higher in rural states? If you're so concerned with black males that you treat them differently, why don't you do the same for rural white males?

I want to point out how insidious Joey's use of stats to justify his bigotry is. He pinpointed it down all the way to black males, aged 18-40. Yet he doesn't do the same thing for white males.

There are roughly 112 million people in the US age 18-44. 73% of the US is white. The ratio of men to women in the US is roughly 1 to 1. This means there are roughly 42 million white males age 18-44 in the US and that most murders committed by white people are from this demo.

So although 5% of our country demographically commits 53% all murders (black males age 18-40), the numbers also mean that 12% of our country (white males age 18-44) commit 44% of all murders!

Sure, that's not quite as dangerous as black males age 18-40, but it's pretty close. Why don't you treat white males age 18-44 differently because of how much murder they commit? They nearly commit half of all murders in the US.

The reason is because you must look at the inverse. Once you use real numbers you realize how all Joey's % are just smoke and mirrors to justify his bigotry. It'd be like saying that because 55% of all mass shootings in the US from 1982-2019 were committed by white people you should treat white people differently and be fearful that every white person is going to commit a mass shooting.

But the reality is that the number of mass shootings since then has been in the hundreds, so although 55% of mass shootings are by white people, .00000001% of all white people commit mass shootings (made up number, but I'm sure it's around that low if not lower).

The same inverse logic is true of black people and murders. There were just under 20,000 murders committed in 2018. That means roughly 10,000 were committed by black people according to the %. Extrapolating the number of black males age 18-40 that means the % of black males age 18-40 who commit murder is .001%

So 99.999% of black males age 18-40 are not going to kill you. Yet you are wary of all of them.

To put this in perspective, that % is lower than the mortality rate of Covid that conservatives tell us not to worry about. So we shouldn't worry about covid because it's mortality rate is so low but you should assume all black males age 18-40 are murderers because of the 53% statistic?

It's all smoke and mirrors.

As for the part about treating someone differently, I'm not treating anyone differently. A gun is not a person (or did you forget. I know you think corporations are people too, but I didn't know it extended to guns now). Prohibiting guns is no more treating a person differently than prohibiting heroin is treating an addict differently. It's the object the law is addressing, not the person.

Guns are not people. Black people are not property. I know, it can get confusing sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Can you repeat that???
    How's this?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

So you're just going to ignore the part about gun deaths being higher in rural states? If you're so concerned with black males that you treat them differently, why don't you do the same for rural white males?

I want to point out how insidious Joey's use of stats to justify his bigotry is. He pinpointed it down all the way to black males, aged 18-40. Yet he doesn't do the same thing for white males.

There are roughly 112 million people in the US age 18-44. 73% of the US is white. The ratio of men to women in the US is roughly 1 to 1. This means there are roughly 42 million white males age 18-44 in the US and that most murders committed by white people are from this demo.

So although 5% of our country demographically commits 53% all murders (black males age 18-40), the numbers also mean that 12% of our country (white males age 18-44) commit 44% of all murders!

Sure, that's not quite as dangerous as black males age 18-40, but it's pretty close. Why don't you treat white males age 18-44 differently because of how much murder they commit? They nearly commit half of all murders in the US.

The reason is because you must look at the inverse. Once you use real numbers you realize how all Joey's % are just smoke and mirrors to justify his bigotry. It'd be like saying that because 55% of all mass shootings in the US from 1982-2019 were committed by white people you should treat white people differently and be fearful that every white person is going to commit a mass shooting.

But the reality is that the number of mass shootings since then has been in the hundreds, so although 55% of mass shootings are by white people, .00000001% of all white people commit mass shootings (made up number, but I'm sure it's around that low if not lower).

The same inverse logic is true of black people and murders. There were just under 20,000 murders committed in 2018. That means roughly 10,000 were committed by black people according to the %. Extrapolating the number of black males age 18-40 that means the % of black males age 18-40 who commit murder is .001%

So 99.999% of black males age 18-40 are not going to kill you. Yet you are wary of all of them.

To put this in perspective, that % is lower than the mortality rate of Covid that conservatives tell us not to worry about. So we shouldn't worry about covid because it's mortality rate is so low but you should assume all black males age 18-40 are murderers because of the 53% statistic?

It's all smoke and mirrors.

As for the part about treating someone differently, I'm not treating anyone differently. A gun is not a person (or did you forget. I know you think corporations are people too, but I didn't know it extended to guns now). Prohibiting guns is no more treating a person differently than prohibiting heroin is treating an addict differently. It's the object the law is addressing, not the person.

Guns are not people. Black people are not property. I know, it can get confusing sometimes.
    Iíve said this before but here goes... Iím more fearful in rural areas than I am in any inner city. Perhaps, Iím a p**** but no horror movie ever started with ďA couple was lost in the hood when...Ē but every horror movie seems to take place in farmland.

Thatís being said, where did you get that white males 18-40 only make 12% if the overall population? If thatís true, black males 18-40 make up 2% of the population. I know black people overall make up 13% of the population. White people make up 73%. That means thereís 5.5 times as many white people as black people. Those numbers are not close.

Not to mention, half the victims of murders in the US are black people. Shouldnít black lives matter? Why do liberals not care about these black lives? Those people have lives. Those, mostly young men, deserve attention as well.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Iíve said this before but here goes... Iím more fearful in rural areas than I am in any inner city. Perhaps, Iím a p**** but no horror movie ever started with ďA couple was lost in the hood when...Ē but every horror movie seems to take place in farmland.

Thatís being said, where did you get that white males 18-40 only make 12% if the overall population? If thatís true, black males 18-40 make up 2% of the population. I know black people overall make up 13% of the population. White people make up 73%. That means thereís 5.5 times as many white people as black people. Those numbers are not close.

Not to mention, half the victims of murders in the US are black people. Shouldnít black lives matter? Why do liberals not care about these black lives? Those people have lives. Those, mostly young men, deserve attention as well.
    Guess why those movies take place in farmland?
    Cause those writers ain't never been in rural areas either....
    Well, there's the Coen brothers if you wanna count them.......Fargo was based on a true story, but not one from Fargo or Minnesota and not even necessarily rural. But Joel and Ethan are from St Paul.

Off the reservation, we have like 1 murder a month in the entire state of SD, virtually none of them rural.

No one is surprised you believe other stupid things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Of course Liberals care about those lives. They are actually trying to address them through things like gun laws (which reduce gun deaths), and other measures.

But I don't know how you profiling young, black men has anything to do with stopping violence against black people.

Are you saying if more people profiled black people like you then there'd be less crime against black people?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Guess why those movies take place in farmland?
    Cause those writers ain't never been in rural areas either....
    Well, there's the Coen brothers if you wanna count them.......Fargo was based on a true story, but not one from Fargo or Minnesota and not even necessarily rural. But Joel and Ethan are from St Paul.

Off the reservation, we have like 1 murder a month in the entire state of SD, virtually none of them rural.
    I am more fearful of dying in rural areas than the city, but of natural causes of being lost without cell service. Certainly not because I'm afraid some local will kill me lol.

Of course Liberals care about those lives. They are actually trying to address them through things like gun laws (which reduce gun deaths), and other measures.

But I don't know how you profiling young, black men has anything to do with stopping violence against black people.

Are you saying if more people profiled black people like you then there'd be less crime against black people?
    Denying the issue, as if, itís not a serious issue within the black community is a form of racism in my mind. Almost excusing murders in this community is not acceptable. Iím not profiling black people. Iím pointing out specific black people, mostly males, and stating they could be dangerous. I do the same with any group of people. Stop excusing the issue. Stop making excuses for murders.

The only one using the term ďblackĒ in this context is you. I said ďhigh crime areas.Ē You are associating ďhigh crimeĒ with ďblack.Ē Is venture to guess many of these areas are still predominantly white anyway. Either way, corporations arenít looking at demographics when determining whether or not to open/keep a location in an area. They are looking at statistics such as crime rates and median income.
    No, you have definitely used it in this context before. That's the entire reason I initially made my comment. To point out your contradiction which you may not be aware of.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Denying the issue, as if, itís not a serious issue within the black community is a form of racism in my mind. Almost excusing murders in this community is not acceptable. Iím not profiling black people. Iím pointing out specific black people, mostly males, and stating they could be dangerous. I do the same with any group of people. Stop excusing the issue. Stop making excuses for murders.
    No has excused murder and you are clearly profiling people.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, you have definitely used it in this context before. That's the entire reason I initially made my comment. To point out your contradiction which you may not be aware of.

Please show me where Iíve used that term in this context or even at all...

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No has excused murder and you are clearly profiling people.

When you push an agenda for gun control because America has a high gun death rate but believe over 50% of those murders are committed by a minuscule amount of people, it is excusing them

This is why they kneel

When you push an agenda for gun control because America has a high gun death rate but believe over 50% of those murders are committed by a minuscule amount of people, it is excusing them
    Wtf are you taking about?

Murder is bad. People who murder should go to jail.

guns should be regulated bc they are very dangerous.

There is no contradiction here.

Last edited by ewing; 08-20-2020 at 09:47 PM.

I am more fearful of dying in rural areas than the city, but of natural causes of being lost without cell service. Certainly not because I'm afraid some local will kill me lol.
    how rural were you planning on getting?
    you have to get pretty deep into the woods before you lose cell service anymore.....well, Sprint still sucks here if you get off a US or state highway very far

tho the story The Renevant was based on happened here....but that was awhile ago

Please show me where Iíve used that term in this context or even at all...
    lol, Ewing's post right above this with your quote...

" Iím not profiling black people. Iím pointing out specific black people, mostly males, and stating they could be dangerous. I do the same with any group of people. "

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, Ewing's post right above this with your quote...

" Iím not profiling black people. Iím pointing out specific black people, mostly males, and stating they could be dangerous. I do the same with any group of people. "

I donít refer to areas as ďblack.Ē I believe thereís a problem in the black community, specifically young black males, with violent crime typically committed against other black people. Until we admit the issue, it canít be dealt with on a government level.