Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 305 of 419 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 6279
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    That’s simply not true. There’s obviously a cap at which a landlord can charge and expect to have good paying tenants. There’s no floor for which tenants won’t pay however.

If you charged a million dollars a month for your units, would you have tenants? Most likely not. But if you charged a dollar a month, would you have any issue? Of course not...
    It simply is true. Youte bringing up a point, but it has no bearing on anything I'm telling you. I'm telling you that certain industries need to be regulated because they naturally give an advantage to one party over another.

Another example is health care, if it was free market doctors could charge whatever they want. You think people are gonna die to save a couple thousand bucks? They'll sell anything to buy time.

These are industries which need regulation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    You can buy nice 2000+sq ft. 100yr old homes where I am(same area he is in)all day long for under six figures. Hes not lying, he just doesnt have any grasp of what things cost anywhere else.
    nice and 100 yr old can be a deceiving thing....are you saying they're available and not in need of signifcant upgrades?

Location makes for a huge difference, tho...and people don't understand just how cheaply one can buy a house in smaller towns. Even here, a house that would cost 200k in a city 60 miles from here would sell for 80k in the town I'm in. It's the same everywhere. A friend of mine in Oregon recently retired. They'd lived in Portland for decades, house fully paid off. It was a basic 3 bedroom built in the 60s in an OK neighborhood. They sold it for 350k and bought an acreage 80 miles away near a small town- 10 acres with a beautiful log cabin and 2 outbuildings- 250k.....5 times the house, 20 times the land, could've paid cash and still had 100k leftover.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    nice and 100 yr old can be a deceiving thing....are you saying they're available and not in need of signifcant upgrades?

Location makes for a huge difference, tho...and people don't understand just how cheaply one can buy a house in smaller towns. Even here, a house that would cost 200k in a city 60 miles from here would sell for 80k in the town I'm in. It's the same everywhere. A friend of mine in Oregon recently retired. They'd lived in Portland for decades, house fully paid off. It was a basic 3 bedroom built in the 60s in an OK neighborhood. They sold it for 350k and bought an acreage 80 miles away near a small town- 10 acres with a beautiful log cabin and 2 outbuildings- 250k.....5 times the house, 20 times the land, could've paid cash and still had 100k leftover.
    Yeah, these are structurally sound homes with fresh remodels. Sometimes they'll need a roof or siding or some type of normal maintenance, but these arent dilapidated homes. Small towns of 300-600 people, you'll have a commute(no matter where you work), you'll likely have a neighbor on your block with a car or two in the yard, your average midwest small town. Dont get me wrong, you buy new construction in a new subdivision and you can spend whatever you like. A guy just built a 750,000 dollar palace right behind me(thankfully we are moving out of town before winter hits).

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah, these are structurally sound homes with fresh remodels. Sometimes they'll need a roof or siding or some type of normal maintenance, but these arent dilapidated homes. Small towns of 300-600 people, you'll have a commute(no matter where you work), you'll likely have a neighbor on your block with a car or two in the yard, your average midwest small town. Dont get me wrong, you buy new construction in a new subdivision and you can spend whatever you like. A guy just built a 750,000 dollar palace right behind me(thankfully we are moving out of town before winter hits).
    Yeah, a roof is not the kind of significant repair I'm talking about....I was talking more about structure, outdated wiring, things that turn into a money pit.

New construction requires new lumber...and lumber prices can get pretty steep anymore while being lower grade at the same time. One of the reason older houses remain structurally sound is the lumber used was from higher quality, older growth trees....not much of that at the lumber yard these days.

All off-topic I know, but I'm in flux with my impending retirement. I had a couple horrible years 15 years ago or I'd be close to a comfortable retirement. Now, I no longer own any property and will likely need to work until 70...low cost of living here, but not my ideal place to retire. So I'm pondering finding a lake lot now even if I don't yet build on it, save towards buying elsewhere, or not buy at all just buy an RV and go from national park to national park.

Raw body cam footage of the George Floyd incident just leaked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gQYMBALDXc

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

one of these threads recently was talking about segregation, can't remember which one.

where would this go, the reason for kneeling? or maybe civil unrest?

how can anyone support what is going on in this video..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Damn, how I did not miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    one of these threads recently was talking about segregation, can't remember which one.

where would this go, the reason for kneeling? or maybe civil unrest?

how can anyone support what is going on in this video..

Maybe if we stop murdering unarmed black people they’ll feel a little more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Maybe if we stop murdering unarmed black people they’ll feel a little more comfortable.

'we' aren't....were those people in that neighborhood?
    You have to admit, you can't talk equality and inclusion on one side and 'undesegragation' on the other

'we' aren't....were those people in that neighborhood?
    You have to admit, you can't talk equality and inclusion on one side and 'undesegragation' on the other
    You can’t complain about symptoms if you’re not willing to address the disease.

You can’t complain about symptoms if you’re not willing to address the disease.

people do it in doctors' offices all day every day

people do it in doctors' offices all day every day
    Ha!

There is no statistical basis for this thesis.

9 unarmed black people were killed by cops in 2019. While obviously 0 would be the goal, that number is in line with black population % in terms of unarmed people killed by cops. Also, studies have shown black cops are just as likely to shoot black civilians as white cops.

Furthermore, your post didn’t mention police and without it you thesis falls totally apart as black people kill twice as many white people as white people kill black people.

what does that have to do with what was being said in the video?

white people living in black neighborhoods has nothing to do with police unjustly shooting anyone.

that is why I first asked where this should go, because what is begin said is disturbing.

what these people were saying, is that what Black Lives Matter wants? is that one of their demands, for white people in neighborhoods that "should" be black should give up or even sell their homes to black people? that's not right, just as it would be wrong for white people to want black people to give up or sell their houses in more white neighborhoods.

imagine the backlash and allegations of racism if anyone white wanted black people to move out of "white neighborhoods," holy **** there would be outrage.

to tie this back to police, more black people do want police in their neighborhoods.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/316571/...-presence.aspx

When asked whether they want the police to spend more time, the same amount of time or less time than they currently do in their area, most Black Americans -- 61% -- want the police presence to remain the same. This is similar to the 67% of all U.S. adults preferring the status quo, including 71% of White Americans.

Meanwhile, nearly equal proportions of Black Americans say they would like the police to spend more time in their area (20%) as say they'd like them to spend less time there (19%).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    There is no statistical basis for this thesis.

9 unarmed black people were killed by cops in 2019. While obviously 0 would be the goal, that number is in line with black population % in terms of unarmed people killed by cops. Also, studies have shown black cops are just as likely to shoot black civilians as white cops.

Furthermore, your post didn’t mention police and without it you thesis falls totally apart as black people kill twice as many white people as white people kill black people.
    Incarceration rates, public funding by demographics.....I don’t have the energy. I mean come on. How many times do we need to point to the broad issue before people take their heads out of the sand and do something.

If you’re going to deny systemic racial issues with police forces, we’ve got nowhere to go from here.