Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 459 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 6872
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,842
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    From reading your post and based on your past posting history, I think you were trying to insinuate there was probably something the man did to where the police acted the way they did. I think you believed there was more to the story than what we saw, and that what we haven’t seen yet would hurt the dead man’s credibility/case and help explain the police’s actions.
    Mostly correct.

    I also said that the police were completely at fault.

    The thrust of the entire post was the bolded part.

    Something happened to get from "walking the handcuffed man to the patrol car" to the "screaming man on the ground." What was it??? And why all that time on the ground????

    And regardless of the reason, the police were still at fault.

    It would not surprise me if, after the autopsy, the cause of death was something other than choking to death. And everyone will scream cover up.

  2. 05-27-2020, 03:37 PM
    Reason
    If you post actually say something

  3. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Mostly correct.

    I also said that the police were completely at fault.

    The thrust of the entire post was the bolded part.

    Something happened to get from "walking the handcuffed man to the patrol car" to the "screaming man on the ground." What was it??? And why all that time on the ground????

    And regardless of the reason, the police were still at fault.

    It would not surprise me if, after the autopsy, the cause of death was something other than choking to death. And everyone will scream cover up.
    Well there is additional footage coming out and none of it really shows what you were hoping to find (that the man did something that justified the police officers use of force).

    It seems you are very adversarial towards the George Floyd side. It's a "I agree with you, BUT" kind of mentality. I don't understand why you feel the need to interject the but part of it.

    Why is the prospect of simply agreeing with the aggrieved side so distasteful you feel the need to qualify it?

  4. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Classic not thinking it thru.
    Not all that much to think through here. It's the guy constantly talking about minorities as if they are non-human looking for reasons to exonerate policemen who murdered another minority. It's okay though, you have us all fooled due to that one black employee you thought of as a son and your minority spouse.

    Keep up the great work, boss!

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I'm far from a tough guy. So I guess you are not psychic.

    I'm just trying to point out a common sense point of view…an attempt wasted on you.

    The two points of the original post were…

    1 There are things about this incident that we do not know and will probably come out.

    2. The police were wrong and should be fired.

    I even preference point 2 numerous times since I suspected (correctly) that the post might create a spit storm.

    Sorry you did not get the point(s).

    But not surprised.
    Oh I got your "point." Just reiterating what Valade said, it's pretty simple to see where you were trying to go with it, to point out that there's more to the story so everyone doesn't automatically throw their support behind the black guy (which for some reason seems to bother you?). In my opinion (and seems to be many others here) you're hoping that some new evidence will come out that justify what the police officer's actions were.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Mostly correct.

    I also said that the police were completely at fault.

    The thrust of the entire post was the bolded part.

    Something happened to get from "walking the handcuffed man to the patrol car" to the "screaming man on the ground." What was it??? And why all that time on the ground????

    And regardless of the reason, the police were still at fault.

    It would not surprise me if, after the autopsy, the cause of death was something other than choking to death. And everyone will scream cover up.
    Why would it not surprise you? Because he is black? Would it not surprise you if he was white?

    Say the guy had alcohol or drugs in his system already, but the kneeling for minutes on the guys neck lead ultimately to his death, who is to blame? The victim or the PO?
    Last edited by Pierzynski4Prez; 05-27-2020 at 04:09 PM.

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,424
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well there is additional footage coming out and none of it really shows what you were hoping to find (that the man did something that justified the police officers use of force).

    It seems you are very adversarial towards the George Floyd side. It's a "I agree with you, BUT" kind of mentality. I don't understand why you feel the need to interject the but part of it.

    Why is the prospect of simply agreeing with the aggrieved side so distasteful you feel the need to qualify it?
    What I'm trying to get it as well. It's awfully tough to show remorse though I guess when it's a person of a different color.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    95,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Mostly correct.

    I also said that the police were completely at fault.

    The thrust of the entire post was the bolded part.

    Something happened to get from "walking the handcuffed man to the patrol car" to the "screaming man on the ground." What was it??? And why all that time on the ground????

    And regardless of the reason, the police were still at fault.

    It would not surprise me if, after the autopsy, the cause of death was something other than choking to death. And everyone will scream cover up.
    I'm betting in the old days he would have been ruled to have died by suicide being shot in the back 10 times.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  9. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,842
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well there is additional footage coming out and none of it really shows what you were hoping to find (that the man did something that justified the police officers use of force).

    It seems you are very adversarial towards the George Floyd side. It's a "I agree with you, BUT" kind of mentality. I don't understand why you feel the need to interject the but part of it.

    Why is the prospect of simply agreeing with the aggrieved side so distasteful you feel the need to qualify it?
    Bold 1 … I am not "hoping to find" anything. I'm wondering why and how he wound up on the ground and why he was there so long.

    Bold 2 … I and not "adversarial towards the George Floyd. " The guy was killed needlessly. It is a sad event.

    Bold 3 … I feel for the aggrieved side. Their son/relative was needlessly killed. It must be horrifying

    Who is really reading into things here?? You or me???

    I'm asking the questions that are already being asked and will eventually come out. For asking those same questions, many of you here are quick to paint me as a racist. So who's really close minded.

    My biggest fear with all this is that the autopsy reveals another cause of death other than the choke hold, it's not accepted, and there are more riots.

    What is so hard to understand about that?????? I really don't think I can be any more clear.

    And the police were wrong and should be punished.

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,842
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Not all that much to think through here. It's the guy constantly talking about minorities as if they are non-human looking for reasons to exonerate policemen who murdered another minority. It's okay though, you have us all fooled due to that one black employee you thought of as a son and your minority spouse.

    Keep up the great work, boss!
    Bold 1…show me where I have ever said that.

    Bold 2 … show me where I have ever said that.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Oh I got your "point." Just reiterating what Valade said, it's pretty simple to see where you were trying to go with it, to point out that there's more to the story so everyone doesn't automatically throw their support behind the black guy (which for some reason seems to bother you?). In my opinion (and seems to be many others here) you're hoping that some new evidence will come out that justify what the police officer's actions were.
    I don't see how this could possible happen.

    The police are guilty of killing this guy. I've said this over and over and over.

    Is there another language you need me to say it in??? Can you ask someone to help you on this????

  12. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Why would it not surprise you? Because he is black? Would it not surprise you if he was white?

    Say the guy had alcohol or drugs in his system already, but the kneeling for minutes on the guys neck lead ultimately to his death, who is to blame? The victim or the PO?
    Race has nothing to do with it. (For me, anyway. For you, race comes into everything you do.)

    Regardless as to what he had in his system the police are guilty of killing this guy.

    What is it you want me to say………

    Let's drag the police out to whatever that corner was and behead them? Would that satisfy you????

  13. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    What I'm trying to get it as well. It's awfully tough to show remorse though I guess when it's a person of a different color.
    Who the hell said this?

    Not me.

  14. 05-27-2020, 04:28 PM
    Reason
    If you post actually say something

  15. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Bold 1 … I am not "hoping to find" anything. I'm wondering why and how he wound up on the ground and why he was there so long.

    Bold 2 … I and not "adversarial towards the George Floyd. " The guy was killed needlessly. It is a sad event.

    Bold 3 … I feel for the aggrieved side. Their son/relative was needlessly killed. It must be horrifying

    Who is really reading into things here?? You or me???

    I'm asking the questions that are already being asked and will eventually come out. For asking those same questions, many of you here are quick to paint me as a racist. So who's really close minded.

    My biggest fear with all this is that the autopsy reveals another cause of death other than the choke hold, it's not accepted, and there are more riots.

    What is so hard to understand about that?????? I really don't think I can be any more clear.

    And the police were wrong and should be punished.
    I'm talking about the "George Floyd" side. Consider that your biggest concern is that the they will not accept an autopsy result. It's weird to be commenting on this topic and your first thought is "you know what would really suck, is if all these people protesting something I agree was a tragedy decided to protest in the future when they'd be wrong about an autopsy result".

    Like, you are trying very hard to find a fault with the protesters to the point where you're basically already accusing them of wrongly protesting an autopsy that hasn't even happened.

    Like, why the need to bring up anything negative the protestors might do in the future? Why the need to even bring up how bad the protestors might act if something might happen? The only reason I can see is you want to say something negative about the protestors and the pro-George Floyd side.

  16. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    And what????
    You tell me. You come out with a pronouncement that all unions protect their own (“blindly support their members”).

    Forget that it is a complete blowhard statement, WTF does it matter what all unions do?

  17. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You tell me. You come out with a pronouncement that all unions protect their own (“blindly support their members”).

    Forget that it is a complete blowhard statement, WTF does it matter what all unions do?
    Exactly. It's like he's desperately trying to turn this event into a negative against Liberals or Liberal issues. Consider he has espoused 3 beliefs:

    1. That the cops are at fault (topical)
    2. Unions protect their own (not really topical)
    3. That the protestors will not accept autopsy results and riot (definitely not topical)

Page 3 of 459 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •