Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 282 of 615 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 9218
  1. #4216
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    The rioting, looting, destruction of property has been going on for over a month and a half. Pleas from business owners having their livelihoods destroyed were falling on the deaf ears of their local officials, so the feds were called in to do what they refused to do. This wasn't just "some bad people". Anyone calling this an act of fascism or unnecessary can take the very first opportunity they get to **** off.
    And in that month what sweeping change or policy have we seen to address the issues being protested?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #4217
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Yeah, and I heard they even threw some tea into the harbor!
    Well, they are calling for a revolution. An antifa/blm led rebellion fueled by social justice and the teachings of Karl Marx sounds tempting but I'm gonna go ahead and pass on that.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  3. #4218
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,547
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    And in that month what sweeping change or policy have we seen to address the issues being protested?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Defunded the police, lol.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  4. #4219
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,982
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    so you missed the connection........which was about how much you'd like it if the federal government, against the desires of your local government, forced your kids into a situation you didn't agree with.................like these protesters were
    The peaceful protests were mixed in amongst the anarchists who just wanted to destroy **** and loot. When the feds come in to put a stop to it, it’s time for the peaceful protesters to go home and allow them to do it. Their choice to stay when they are told to leave will carry consequences.

  5. #4220
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,982
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Defunded the police, lol.
    That experiment seems to be going well in New York.

  6. #4221
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You have it backwards. You can keep trying to associate everyone with the looters/rioters/violent people but that doesn't make it true. There are tons of videos of plenty people protesting peacefully not doing these extremes you just choose the most ignorant path forward that fits the narrative you want.
    OK, you're right. These are all peaceful protests.

    We can all sit around and sing "Puff the Magic Dragon."

    We all agree that what happened to George Floyd was both wrong and horrific.

    We can all march and sing "Imagine."

    We all agree that the police departments across the US need to change and adjust their ways. And they all will.

    We can all sit and ask "Where Have all the Flowers Gone."

    We all agree on everything.

    It's now been over 50 days of demonstrations in Portland. What is it everyone is waiting for to happen???? When do we take the next step???? When do all these kids go home and let the adults sort things out???? To repeat myself…what is it that these protesters are waiting to happen.

    You seem to be in the know. You must be the epitome of woke. What is it everyone is waiting for????

  7. #4222
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    OK, you're right. These are all peaceful protests.

    We can all sit around and sing "Puff the Magic Dragon."

    We all agree that what happened to George Floyd was both wrong and horrific.

    We can all march and sing "Imagine."

    We all agree that the police departments across the US need to change and adjust their ways. And they all will.

    We can all sit and ask "Where Have all the Flowers Gone."

    We all agree on everything.

    It's now been over 50 days of demonstrations in Portland. What is it everyone is waiting for to happen???? When do we take the next step???? When do all these kids go home and let the adults sort things out???? To repeat myself…what is it that these protesters are waiting to happen.

    You seem to be in the know. You must be the epitome of woke. What is it everyone is waiting for????
    They’re waiting for the next shipment of Louis Vuittons to come in for the big 100% off sale.

  8. #4223
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    The peaceful protests were mixed in amongst the anarchists who just wanted to destroy **** and loot. When the feds come in to put a stop to it, it’s time for the peaceful protesters to go home and allow them to do it. Their choice to stay when they are told to leave will carry consequences.
    were the protests...that night...peaceful
    were the people picked up off the street...that night...actually doing anything wrong
    were the agents that showed up...that night...plainly identified
    had the local or state government requested federal assistance or had the federal govt informed the local/state govt of their intent to be there?

    people were picked up off the street by agents who didn't identify themselves, didn't charge them with anything, didn't read them their rights, and held them captive for hours.................I don't know that I can think of a single time in this country this set of circumstances has happened
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #4224
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,016
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Well, they are calling for a revolution. An antifa/blm led rebellion fueled by social justice and the teachings of Karl Marx sounds tempting but I'm gonna go ahead and pass on that.
    Yeah, that’s what it’s all about.
    Last edited by Crovash; 07-21-2020 at 05:39 PM.

  10. #4225
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Yeah, that’s what it’s all about.
    They've literally said it. Several times. lol
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Maria SakkariAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  11. #4226
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,982
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    were the protests...that night...peaceful
    were the people picked up off the street...that night...actually doing anything wrong
    were the agents that showed up...that night...plainly identified
    had the local or state government requested federal assistance or had the federal govt informed the local/state govt of their intent to be there?

    people were picked up off the street by agents who didn't identify themselves, didn't charge them with anything, didn't read them their rights, and held them captive for hours.................I don't know that I can think of a single time in this country this set of circumstances has happened
    Do you or have you ever owned a business? How would you feel if your business was being broken into and looted and the response from your local government was to tell law enforcement to stand down? You seem to be zeroing in on peaceful when most of these protests were anything but.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Maria SakkariAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  12. #4227
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,547
    Good to see some ball players kneeling.

  13. #4228
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Good to see some ball players kneeling.
    Yea, why make a real difference with all of those millions they're paid when they can get praise just for kneeling and doing absolutely nothing.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

    Maria SakkariAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

  14. #4229
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    OK, you're right. These are all peaceful protests.

    We can all sit around and sing "Puff the Magic Dragon."

    We all agree that what happened to George Floyd was both wrong and horrific.

    We can all march and sing "Imagine."

    We all agree that the police departments across the US need to change and adjust their ways. And they all will.

    We can all sit and ask "Where Have all the Flowers Gone."

    We all agree on everything.

    It's now been over 50 days of demonstrations in Portland. What is it everyone is waiting for to happen???? When do we take the next step???? When do all these kids go home and let the adults sort things out???? To repeat myself…what is it that these protesters are waiting to happen.

    You seem to be in the know. You must be the epitome of woke. What is it everyone is waiting for????
    I never said they were all peaceful and wouldn't agree with that as some have not been. Many out there have been peaceful though in general.

    Alright, go ahead and sing it if you want. Your call

    Good, it was.

    Again, go for it if you want but on both of these I am out.

    They have been fighting against actual change for decades. This is what gets said over and over every time another person is murdered, cop isn't held accountable, and/or we see major reform needed repeatedly. That's the reason people are done with the words, it is time for actual policy/changes/action which is what this is all about actually doing something. You can say "they will" but that is different than them actually doing so. Time to actually make changes.

    Again your call.

    No we don't all agree on everything. You are ignoring history and the many many times this has happened without any real change. That's the problem at hand here we need actual change.

    I dunno, ask them? I dunno, ask them? I am sure you see yourself as an adult and anyone who disagrees with you as a kid but that doesn't make it so. Each area is calling for different changes depending on what is needed in their specific spot so I can't answer that. Why don't you try getting some of these answers for yourself if Portland matters so much to you, I am more concerned with the federal government's extreme response than what Portland local officials/people choose to do there honestly.

    Awesome, glad to know I am woke. I unfortunately do not know what you seem to think a woke person would though. I think people are waiting for actual changes to the way we police, more of a treatment/help/reallocate resources/help communities than brutality/enforce/lock up approach/overreach approach.

  15. #4230
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    They’re waiting for the next shipment of Louis Vuittons to come in for the big 100% off sale.
    Sluggo this might be what we are waiting for but I need to check with Soros to confirm. I'll get back to you guys.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •