Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 281 of 620 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 9286
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Local government was allowing this **** to happen. Who cares what their wishes are. They arenít on the side of law-abiding citizens. The rioting should never have been allowed to go on for 50 days in the first place.
    Who cares what local government thinks? Federal government can do what it wants, unmarked, using force if they feel like it?

Not on side of Law abiding citizens but the ones threatening to shoot some are? Share how this was being demanded of the citizens then as a whole and maybe you would be onto something. If not you are making up excuses to justify horrible behavior from the federal government.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Who cares what local government thinks? Federal government can do what it wants, unmarked, using force if they feel like it?

Not on side of Law abiding citizens but the ones threatening to shoot some are? Share how this was being demanded of the citizens then as a whole and maybe you would be onto something. If not you are making up excuses to justify horrible behavior from the federal government.
    No, local government that gives stand down orders to their law enforcement while the lives of law-abiding citizens are being destroyed by rioters and looters are not on their side.

Local government was allowing this **** to happen. Who cares what their wishes are. They arenít on the side of law-abiding citizens. The rioting should never have been allowed to go on for 50 days in the first place.
    do you have kids? do you think kids in every city in the country should be going to school normally this fall? what if the federal government forced that to happen? cool with you?

I'm tired of all the protesting and rioting, too...and I'm nowhere near it. However, I understand why it's happening and, when it's not involving criminal activity and destruction of property, I have no problem with it.

But you'd have to point me to a time when our own militia was deployed against our citizens and without coordinating it with local authorities.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

No, local government that gives stand down orders to their law enforcement while the lives of law-abiding citizens are being destroyed by rioters and looters are not on their side.
    https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/20...d-at-protests/

"As a sworn officer," Wheeler wrote, "Daryl Turner should know the dangers of spreading misinformation. These unsubstantiated false narratives are a disservice to the Portland Police Bureau and the public at large." He continued: "It spins up extremists and oversimplifies a very complex, fraught political dynamic in our city. Ginning up anger without offering any real solutions impedes progress."

Today, the mayor took to social media again to explicitly deny that he had ordered officers to take a hands-off approach to protesters last weekend.

"Since this continues to be widely circulated and believed, let's break this down factually," Wheeler wrote on Twitter. "Concerning the recent protests: There were no orders to police to stand-down. No 'handcuffs' placed on them."

This afternoon, Police Chief Danielle Outlaw opened a press conference by confirming that Wheeler had issued no such order for the June 30 protests.

"First and foremost," she said, "I want to use this opportunity to let everyone know: The mayor never gave us direction to stand down on Saturday, ever."

Don't give me your opinion anyways, if you are justifying this extreme action and saying it was necessary/called for by the people/local government was against them then actually show it as I am open to seeing how this is a rescue mission where they tell civilians they will shoot them after arresting them without explanation in unmarked cars while clearly not wanted by civilians on camera/local government.

Are you okay with it going on forever?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Are you okay with it going on forever?
    What going forever? People having the right to protest? Yes.

If you mean looting/rioting/burning buildings/violence towards others that should be focused on and stopped. To be clear this does not mean associating peaceful protesters and the many many people not doing the above and attacking them, shooting with spray/rubber etc. though as that is just going to have a circular affect leading to more backlash.

What going forever? People having the right to protest? Yes.

If you mean looting/rioting/burning buildings/violence towards others that should be focused on and stopped. To be clear this does not mean associating peaceful protesters and the many many people not doing the above and attacking them, shooting with spray/rubber etc. though as that is just going to have a circular affect leading to more backlash.
    Well, that's who's getting arrested. Some dude will play a guitar and a some girl will recite a poem during the day in front of a crowd and then late night comes and it's and the same thing over and over again. They block the streets, get confrontational with police, deface and destroy property, and light fires. They've been disturbing the peace for two months now. Look at the surrounding area - it's all boarded up windows and graffiti. The burned a police union office the other night.

The only thing extreme about any of this is that it's still going on. These protests are extreme. Chop was extreme.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Well, that's who's getting arrested. Some dude will play a guitar and a some girl will recite a poem during the day in front of a crowd and then late night comes and it's and the same thing over and over again. They block the streets, get confrontational with police, deface and destroy property, and light fires. They've been disturbing the peace for two months now. Look at the surrounding area - it's all boarded up windows and graffiti. The burned a police union office the other night.

The only thing extreme about any of this is that it's still going on. These protests are extreme. Chop was extreme.
    The reactions to the protests from our police/government have been extreme. As I noted this is fueling a constant back and forth. The obvious difference is one of these groups should have standards as a whole (our system) and the other is a bunch of random individuals taking advantage of the chaos as the battle happens between protesters and law enforcement. They continually use excessive force, now ignore local governments, threaten civilians, arrest unmarked and no one knows what is happening.

All of it is extreme then, including the governments response especially recently. It is looking more and more like fascism taking over. We might agree that this is all extreme in general, my issue is with the system attacking innocents when there are so many bad things happening they should focus on instead of creating so much more chaos in the manner they have. I am all for arresting the looters/rioters/violence perpetrators too. The issue is some seem to want to call out the bad individuals one way using association to peaceful and ignore all the bad from our system/police when that's where real standards are needed most. The peaceful protesters are largely caught in the middle of a bunch of extremism being pushed further by our police/system.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 07-21-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    do you have kids? do you think kids in every city in the country should be going to school normally this fall? what if the federal government forced that to happen? cool with you?

I'm tired of all the protesting and rioting, too...and I'm nowhere near it. However, I understand why it's happening and, when it's not involving criminal activity and destruction of property, I have no problem with it.

But you'd have to point me to a time when our own militia was deployed against our citizens and without coordinating it with local authorities.
    Yes, I will soon have 3 kids. They arenít biologically mine, but they think of me as their dad.

This doesnít even belong in the same discussion. Weíre talking about local government refusing to put an end to rioting, looting, destruction of property and sending kids back to school. Címon man.

The reactions to the protests from our police/government have been extreme. As I noted this is fueling a constant back and forth. The obvious difference is one of these groups should have standards as a whole (our system) and the other is a bunch of random individuals taking advantage of the chaos as the battle happens between protesters and law enforcement. They continually use excessive force, now ignore local governments, threaten civilians, arrest unmarked and no one knows what is happening.

All of it is extreme then, including the governments response especially recently. It is looking more and more like fascism taking over. We might agree that this is all extreme in general, my issue is with the system attacking innocents when there are so many bad things happening they should focus on instead of creating so much more chaos in the manner they have. I am all for arresting the looters/rioters/violence perpetrators too. The issue is some seem to want to call out the bad individuals one way using association to peaceful and ignore all the bad from our system/police when that's where real standards are needed most. The peaceful protesters are largely caught in the middle of a bunch of extremism being pushed by our police/system.
    The reaction by our government/police has not in any way been extreme, it's been practically non existent, in fact. Which is why this crap continues. The precedent was set early on when the Minneapolis PD literally watched their station burn down in an attempt not to offend the angry mob. Mass looting across major cities occurred. Seattle let demonstrators illegally take over a city and they watched them do it for a month until they showed up to the mayor's house. The Seattle PD currently has a broken fence around it and smashed windows.

I think if this stuff was going on outside where you live all night for two months you'd probably be pretty fed up with it by now.

Yes, I will soon have 3 kids. They arenít biologically mine, but they think of me as their dad.

This doesnít even belong in the same discussion. Weíre talking about local government refusing to put an end to rioting, looting, destruction of property and sending kids back to school. Címon man.
    so you missed the connection........which was about how much you'd like it if the federal government, against the desires of your local government, forced your kids into a situation you didn't agree with.................like these protesters were
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The reaction by our government/police has not in any way been extreme, it's been practically non existent, in fact. Which is why this crap continues. The precedent was set early on when the Minneapolis PD literally watched their station burn down in an attempt not to offend the angry mob. Mass looting across major cities occurred. Seattle let demonstrators illegally take over a city and they watched them do it for a month until they showed up to the mayor's house. The Seattle PD currently has a broken fence around it and smashed windows.

I think if this stuff was going on outside where you live all night for two months you'd probably be pretty fed up with it by now.
    What? The station was not burned down in Minneapolis until after police had fired into groups of peaceful protesters lol. That's actually when other buildings blocks away first started getting hit after the police action taken towards innocent protesters because police had just murdered someone very clearly yet again in MN. The police have been over the top from the start, if you target your reactions to those just going over the top then you don't get the same reactions in turn. If you just wildly start treating everyone as a bad looter/rioter of course more and more people not doing that will get pushed over the edge while being attacked.

I am fed up with it just in a different way than you are as it isn't only aimed at protesters and ignoring many doing it peacefully. I am fed up with all the extreme actions and it especially is those I hold to higher standards (police/system) as opposed to random individuals who aren't in charge of keeping peace.

What? The station was not burned down in Minneapolis until after police had fired into groups of peaceful protesters lol. That's actually when other buildings blocks away first started getting hit after the police action taken towards innocent protesters because police had just murdered someone very clearly yet again in MN. The police have been over the top from the start, if you target your reactions to those just going over the top then you don't get the same reactions in turn. If you just wildly start treating everyone as a bad looter/rioter of course more and more people not doing that will get pushed over the edge while being attacked.

I am fed up with it just in a different way than you are as it isn't only aimed at protesters and ignoring many doing it peacefully. I am fed up with all the extreme actions and it especially is those I hold to higher standards (police/system) as opposed to random individuals who aren't in charge of keeping peace.
    You can keep saying that but it doesn't make it true.

You can keep saying that but it doesn't make it true.
    You have it backwards. You can keep trying to associate everyone with the looters/rioters/violent people but that doesn't make it true. There are tons of videos of plenty people protesting peacefully not doing these extremes you just choose the most ignorant path forward that fits the narrative you want.

Some dude will play a guitar and a some girl will recite a poem during the day in front of a crowd and then late night comes and it's and the same thing over and over again. They block the streets, get confrontational with police, deface and destroy property, and light fires.
    Yeah, and I heard they even threw some tea into the harbor!