Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 278 of 638 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328378 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 9563
    SpecialFNK
    Police reform is so important, than Democrats would rather wait.
    Trump will have you believe that 100% of Democrats (Congress, governors, and mayors) want to totally disband police departments. Only the far left nutcases want to do that.

But the fact that the nuts want to not have police is pretty disturbing. The next thing is that they will try to get rid of fire departments and say that putting out a fire set by protesters is a racist act. That's an exaggeration on my part -- I just hope it stays that way.

The conservatives claim that the percentage of white police officers that are racist is microscopic, and some liberals say it's 100% of white cops are racist. As with most political issues, the truth lies somewhere in between. It's like with Islamic terrorism. Trump thinks 100% of Muslims (including American Muslims) are terrorist because he's a goof. Liberals will tell you that there's two radical Muslims in existence (not 2% -- two people). The percentage is somewhere in between.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 07-19-2020 at 03:40 PM.

This is why they kneel

https://youtu.be/ulEGMhAUdOQ

Thoughts? Seems like they dealt with the guy in wheelchair well based on what we know. I think the justice system and cops need a lot reform and deserve a lot of criticism. I also think we have to remember its a tough job and we shouldn’t jump to conclusions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-19-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    https://youtu.be/ulEGMhAUdOQ

Thoughts? Seems like they dealt with the guy in wheelchair well based on what we know. I think the justice system and cops need a lot reform and deserve a lot of criticism. I also think we have to remember its a tough job and we shouldn’t jump to conclusions

Yeah, it was a rough situation. I'm curious as to what the mental health situation was that they were initially responding to. Seems a case where the presence of armed officers escalated the situation. Thats not to say that they did anything wrong(nothing i see in their video suggests that they did), but makes a case for some of the measures the "defund" folks speak to.

Big Guy at the Beginning: Clearly justifiable assault charge, it's caught on video, additional warrants also justify arrest.

Wheelchair: I would argue he was legally justified in striking the officer. A cop is not simply allowed to take control of his wheelchair without the man's permission. Thats legally assault and arguably trespass to chattels (civilly) or even false imprisonment. The man could easily have a credible fear for his life, being paralyzed and being physically manipulated by multiple officers. Striking them in response is legally justifiable. Then whatever ensued with them throwing him out of the chair is clearly assault and battery.
    Edit: Possession of the firearm is a justified charge, likely strict liability in that state, so doesn't matter if constitutional rights were violated

Warriors Jersey: He approached the detained suspect, which he shouldn't do, but the officer also escalated the situation. He lunged and continued lunging at the man with the full force of his weapon after he had been pulled back into the crowd. Justified misdemeanor arrest for the citizen. Aggravated assault for the officer, arguably multiple chargers for swinging into a crowd.
    Last edited by rhino17; 07-19-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Big Guy at the Beginning: Clearly justifiable assault charge, it's caught on video, additional warrants also justify arrest.

Wheelchair: I would argue he was legally justified in striking the officer. A cop is not simply allowed to take control of his wheelchair without the man's permission. Thats legally assault and arguably trespass to chattels (civilly) or even false imprisonment. The man could easily have a credible fear for his life, being paralyzed and being physically manipulated by multiple officers. Striking them in response is legally justifiable. Then whatever ensued with them throwing him out of the chair is clearly assault and battery.

Warriors Jersey: He approached the detained suspect, which he shouldn't do, but the officer also escalated the situation. He lunged and continued lunging at the man with the full force of his weapon after he had been pulled back into the crowd. Justified misdemeanor arrest for the citizen. Aggravated assault for the officer, arguably multiple chargers for swinging into a crowd.

Gun Man: Not sure what his arrest was for, but possession of the firearm is a justified charge, likely strict liability in that state.
    Gun man is wheelchair man.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Gun man is wheelchair man.
    Just realized that after rewatching it.

So the charge for that is fine. The rest of it is not.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Or, the cause is the issues with police and race and their unwillingness to address it that led to this.
    no issue with police justifies anarchy and rioting.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Is that what you pulled out of that article? Just gloss over that the Republican senate just blocks anything they put forward.
    bills that are included with something other than the issue should be blocked. the same Democrats didn't want to even talk about Republican Tim Scott's (black) proposal.

if they truly cared they would get together and work something out, but they don't because politics to them is more important.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Trump will have you believe that 100% of Democrats (Congress, governors, and mayors) want to totally disband police departments. Only the far left nutcases want to do that.

simply wanting to defund the police (or redirect, same thing) is stupid.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    simply wanting to defund the police (or redirect, same thing) is stupid.
    No it's not, you just can't comprehend it.

I'll break it down for you.

I have a friend suffer a complete mental breakdown. He was found naked riding his bike through a drive thru. Police are called, guns are drawn, man is arrested. Taken to the station, processed, spends the night in jail. That is not what is needed. Yes, you need some muscle there. But this is a naked, unarmed man. Something is clearly wrong with him. Pulling a gun on him and putting him in jail doesn't solve anything. He needs help from a medical professional, personal support worker, mental health professional, whatever the case may be. It's a waste of police resources to handle it the way it was. If that funding that was used on that evening was redirected to the proper places, resources can be available to help those situations where guns and cuffs aren't needed.

It's already being done some places, and it's working.

How many situations could be prevented by having the right people in the right places instead of sending brute force every single time? I know people think I'm strange for my thoughts on these things, but I also don't think police should be allowed to carry deadly weapons on their person ever, they should be locked in the trunk of the car. Violence begets violence. Taking those weapons away from the police would lead to less violence overall and deescalation techniques would prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

I have a friend suffer a complete mental breakdown. He was found naked riding his bike through a drive thru. Police are called, guns are drawn, man is arrested. Taken to the station, processed, spends the night in jail. That is not what is needed. Yes, you need some muscle there. But this is a naked, unarmed man. Something is clearly wrong with him. Pulling a gun on him and putting him in jail doesn't solve anything. He needs help from a medical professional, personal support worker, mental health professional, whatever the case may be. It's a waste of police resources to handle it the way it was. If that funding that was used on that evening was redirected to the proper places, resources can be available to help those situations where guns and cuffs aren't needed.

How many situations could be prevented by having the right people in the right places instead of sending brute force every single time? I know people think I'm strange for my thoughts on these things, but I also don't think police should be allowed to carry deadly weapons on their person ever, they should be locked in the trunk of the car. Violence begets violence. Taking those weapons away from the police would lead to less violence overall and deescalation techniques would prevail.
    Get the criminals to lock their weapons up too and you might have something there...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    since this has turned into being about racism, surely this is on topic.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/14/nick-...imals-savages/

if anyone tried to say this about black people, they would quickly be labeled racist. the same should go for Nick Cannon.
    He is a racist, that much is obvious. However considering the history of the US and the oppression of blacks up until this day, that type of racism still isnt as bad as white on black.

One is due to hundreds of years of being dehumanized (a bit understandable) and the other is backed by the system and in most cases are part of the mentality that was used when building said system.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He is a racist, that much is obvious. However considering the history of the US and the oppression of blacks up until this day, that type of racism still isnt as bad as white on black.

One is due to hundreds of years of being dehumanized (a bit understandable) and the other is backed by the system and in most cases are part of the mentality that was used when building said system.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    What the actual ****? lol
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Angelique KerberSaul "Canelo" Álvarez

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

You seem like the guy who love to second guess actions. He could have been drunk on his bike and cause a danger to other vehicles or himself. He needed to be taken in to protect himself.

There was a recent disturbance call where the cops arrived and both ended up shot and killed. You never know what cops will encounter and often the person calling into the station doesn’t always have the correct information which is dangerous.

This is why they kneel

Here’s an incident in Ohio where cops were responding to an incident with an intoxicated man holding a beer

TOLEDO, Ohio -- An officer who was responding to a call in a store parking lot was shot and killed early Saturday morning by an intoxicated man holding a beer, police said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews...-call-71606860

The cop was dispatched to the incident to make sure the guy was “ok” and he ended up dead. In this situation a lot of people wouldn’t want cops but “resource” officers who wouldn’t have weapons. How would that have worked out?

Situations like this will happen because you never know the mental state of the other person. That’s why being a cop is so dangerous because each traffic stop you make you never know who the other person is or what they could be doing/hiding but people act like it’s this easy job and would 100% act the right way. It’s disgusting. Cops are treated like **** by a lot of people when the vast majority of them are good people. People always love to second guess and know in hindsight it’s why a lot of people on here are bunch of idiots who have no idea what they’re talking about