Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 273 of 702 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 10529
    The next sound you will hear is something flying over heads.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The next sound you will hear is something flying over heads.
    Is that what it is? Or is it more a willing ignorance?

Sometimes I'm not sure..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Is that what it is? Or is it more a willing ignorance?

Sometimes I'm not sure..

they're not always different things
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I believe someone asked for example of systemic issues earlier..here you go..

Lol gtfo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See Nasty. Instead of just going over their heads, they now are dunking and weaving out the way.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Liberals: Here’s why things are bad with (insert social issue) and here’s how we can make them better.

Brewers: lol

Conservatives: Why do you say we don’t have empathy?

I mean what’s the point anymore. Let’s agree we live in two different realities and figure out a path for secession into two americas.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Liberals: Here’s why things are bad with (insert social issue) and here’s how we can make them better.

Brewers: lol

Conservatives: Why do you say we don’t have empathy?

I mean what’s the point anymore. Let’s agree we live in two different realities and figure out a path for secession into two americas.
    maybe because saying conservatives have no empathy is considerably untrue?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Lol gtfo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol, willful ignorance.

Dont ask for something you're not willing to hear an answer for. You're disingenuous. Give up the charade, no one cares to cater to you snow flakes because you are so offended when people point out your racist mentality as such. You asked for an example of how the system approaches diff demographics differently, you were given one and your response is gtfo.

Sry bro, but that television program which programmed your mind is one which actively caters to racists. People reflect what they are taught.

Choose your teacher wisely, grasshopper.

Last edited by nastynice; 07-16-2020 at 10:40 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We weren't there, so we don't know. There's a reason it's called the immaculate conception. What we do know from what's written is Joseph wasn't the father and Jesus blended in with other Jewish people in the area at the time. Whether he had any of Mary's DNA or not would only be speculation.
    FYI. I fully admit that my understanding of Christianity is very limited, but the “immaculate conception” refers to Mary’s birth, not Jesus’s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Conception

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    FYI. I fully admit that my understanding of Christianity is very limited, but the “immaculate conception” refers to Mary’s birth, not Jesus’s.

yeah, it's one of those things taught differently outside the Catholic church and is why Catholics revere Mary on a higher level than other Christian denominations and why I shouldn't have pulled out a primarily Catholic term.......but would also be all the more reason we don't really know what DNA Jesus would've had....I appreciate the reminder on the term (I'm not Catholic)!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    yeah, it's one of those things taught differently outside the Catholic church and is why Catholics revere Mary on a higher level than other Christian denominations and why I shouldn't have pulled out a primarily Catholic term.......but would also be all the more reason we don't really know what DNA Jesus would've had....I appreciate the reminder on the term (I'm not Catholic)!
    Perhaps another illustration of why the general term “Christian” is not particularly workable in general discourse — especially to an outsider like me. There seem to be a lot of different ways to interpret things. I have friends who are Quakers and call themselves Christians, but believe virtually none of what, say, Catholics do.

Anyway, this all probably should be in the religion forum (I didn’t care enough to follow this tangent closely enough so I’m not too sure why it’s here.).

Let me help.

Many Christians misunderstand the point of "the Immaculate Conception."

The Immaculate Conception has nothing to do with Mary's conceiving and delivering Jesus.

The Immaculate Conception is the belief that Mary was conceived without bearing the stain of the Original Sin. According to most Christian beliefs, Adam and Eve's eating of the forbidden fruit (the Original Sin) condemns all their descendants (us) to be born stained with that sin. This stain is removed by Baptism.

Hope this helps.

And the term "Christian" is, I believe, a cathc-all term for any religion that believes in Jesus as the Son of God. There may be some other finer points but I believe this is pretty accurate,

Perhaps another illustration of why the general term “Christian” is not particularly workable in general discourse — especially to an outsider like me. There seem to be a lot of different ways to interpret things. I have friends who are Quakers and call themselves Christians, but believe virtually none of what, say, Catholics do.

Anyway, this all probably should be in the religion forum (I didn’t care enough to follow this tangent closely enough so I’m not too sure why it’s here.).
    just looked back...it stems from back in June with debate about Jesus' race...then reintroduced when Jack the Ripper responded a couple days ago to something from that debate

Without going too much further, yes there are some definite differences between Christian denominations, some more different than others, some enough of a stretch that most Christians feel are cultish. The word catholic means universal, but the Catholic church is not. They even have books in their Bible no other denomination recognizes (then there's churches like the Mormons who have an entirely separate book by Joseph Smith completely separate from the Bible).

When I sang in my gospel quartet years ago, part of our mission was to break down walls between denominations; the four of us were all from different ones, so it sometimes got interesting when we'd give personal testimonies.

I'll stop now...at least here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Let me help.

Many Christians misunderstand the point of "the Immaculate Conception."

The Immaculate Conception has nothing to do with Mary's conceiving and delivering Jesus.

The Immaculate Conception is the belief that Mary was conceived without bearing the stain of the Original Sin. According to most Christian beliefs, Adam and Eve's eating of the forbidden fruit (the Original Sin) condemns all their descendants (us) to be born stained with that sin. This stain is removed by Baptism.

Hope this helps.

And the term "Christian" is, I believe, a cathc-all term for any religion that believes in Jesus as the Son of God. There may be some other finer points but I believe this is pretty accurate,
    Not bad and yes, Christian primarily means believing Jesus was God in human form (the Holy Trinity of God in 3 persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). A distinction, then, from Jewish beliefs (among others of course) is that they don't believe Jesus was the Messiah as Christians do...hence why they don't celebrate Christmas.

So be it.

Just confusing to me and maybe others — and irksome even — when the US is occasionally referred to as “Christian” country.