Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 270 of 639 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 9575
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Jesus wasn't conceived by sexual intercourse. The Bible never states (or explicitly refutes) that Jesus shared Mary's DNA, but given the circumstances of his conception, divine intervention by the Holy Spirit, it's unlikely that he shared her DNA. The only thing we know of his appearance is that he was a very ordinary looking Jew.
    The Bible also says you can’t touch a woman on her period and condones slavery so maybe “magical fairy book says guy who was born and lived in a region where nobody was white was maybe white” is a dumb argument.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    The Bible also says you can’t touch a woman on her period and condones slavery so maybe “magical fairy book says guy who was born and lived in a region where nobody was white was maybe white” is a dumb argument.
    Where did I argue he was white? I did exactly the opposite.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Angelique KerberSaul "Canelo" Álvarez

I know lol. Your whole post was designed to not say what you wanted to say without having to own up to it

I know lol. Your whole post was designed to not say what you wanted to say without having to own up to it
    Are you just stupid or do you just love to beat off over issues of skin color that much? lol

Do us all a favor....since you quite obviously don't understand the Bible, please don't pretend you do in a political forum
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Jesus wasn't conceived by sexual intercourse. The Bible never states (or explicitly refutes) that Jesus shared Mary's DNA, but given the circumstances of his conception, divine intervention by the Holy Spirit, it's unlikely that he shared her DNA. The only thing we know of his appearance is that he was a very ordinary looking Jew.
    So the egg wasn't even Mary's? God just put the egg in her womb?

If I was an all powerful all knowing god I would most likely skip the whole sperm and egg implant and just use a viable embryo.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So the egg wasn't even Mary's? God just put the egg in her womb?
    We weren't there, so we don't know. There's a reason it's called the immaculate conception. What we do know from what's written is Joseph wasn't the father and Jesus blended in with other Jewish people in the area at the time. Whether he had any of Mary's DNA or not would only be speculation.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We weren't there, so we don't know. There's a reason it's called the immaculate conception. What we do know from what's written is Joseph wasn't the father and Jesus blended in with other Jewish people in the area at the time. Whether he had any of Mary's DNA or not would only be speculation.
    Well if he was able to blend in to the population of arab and jewish people of the time, it strongly suggests his complexion was close enough to theirs to do so.

But what is most odd about this conversation is the idea that it is incumbent upon people to prove Jesus was not white rather than prove he was. To be clear: there is absolutely zero evidence that Jesus was white. So it's a big leap from "we don't know what ethnicity he was" to "he might have been white". He might have been Chinese, there's literally exactly as much evidence for him being Chinese as White.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So why not just say all lives matter? All lives matter! Not just black lives or white lives or Hispanic lives or Asian lives.

Please explain why people get offended if people say that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are too smart to not understand this by now.

Come on. Answer your own question.

So, you don’t think Hispanic or Indian lives matter? Don’t you think they’ve suffered major racial discrimination from cops/people as well? Why don’t they march and protest?

They can. And do.

Shocking that you have no answer to that question.

If your side took a timeout from discrediting and ignoring every minority cause, you’d see that they are protesting for equal rights as well.

All lives will matter once we all come to the same level. It’s not exclusive, it’s calling attention to the issue that back lives don’t matter as much as white right now.

But you will deny that fact so it really doesn’t matter does it?

Here’s one reason why:

https://therationalists.org/2016/07/...it-more-crime/

Black people commit the most crime than any other race. If you compare the amount of crimes from black Americans to Indian Americans it’s not even close. They will likely face more encounters with police officers which then can be blamed for racial profiling and other stupid stuff. There’s no doubt there are some racist police officers but statistics don’t lie and statistically they are more likely to encounter police officers in potentially violent situations.

How about instead of marching and protesting about police you try to solve the main problem is why there’s so much crime in black minority communities? What makes young black Americans commit violent gun/gang activity? Obviously the political system Im sure has some affect to that. People being arrested for non violent drug activity or weed. Young kids growing up without fathers because of that. But until people in their own community talk about these tough questions the root cause of the problem will remain

Lingering effects from segregation. Pushed to their own neighborhoods with less public funding and support.

Move to a white and wealthy neighborhood and whites leave.

Ask for funding for schools and your side pushes back.

Ask for fair treatment by police and your side pushes back.

Ask for Income relief and help and your side pushes back on “freeloaders”.

Ask for equal hiring process so they have a better shot at better jobs like whites and your side pushes back with antiAffirmative Action bogus arguments.

Ask for healthcare because neither of the low wage jobs they’re working are providing sufficient care, your side pushes back.

The system is broken and circular to create these issues and at every turn conservatives stand in the way denying there is a problem and wondering why minorities commit more crimes while refusing to help their infrastructure.

Your side lacks any empathy and under Trump it has jumped to a sociopathic level.

Your side operates only in fear.

The Mexicans are taking your jobs.
    The democrats are taking your guns.
    The government is taking your money.
    The muslims are trying to kill you.
    The communists are taking over.
    The liberals are killing babies.
    The gays are taking away the sanctity of marriage.
    Transgenders are taking over your bathroom.
    Colleges are making kids liberal.
    Liberals are against your churches.
    BE AFRAID!!!!

It’s in every platform message.

Dems are also flawed in idealism with no follow through and false promises. This is why the progressive side is pushing back.

But you asked the question and the answer is: you’re in the way.

Push your own party reps to invest funding and resources in minority neighborhoods. Childcare and education, not police forces. Start there.

Here’s one reason why:

https://therationalists.org/2016/07/...it-more-crime/

Black people commit the most crime than any other race. If you compare the amount of crimes from black Americans to Indian Americans it’s not even close. They will likely face more encounters with police officers which then can be blamed for racial profiling and other stupid stuff. There’s no doubt there are some racist police officers but statistics don’t lie and statistically they are more likely to encounter police officers in potentially violent situations.

How about instead of marching and protesting about police you try to solve the main problem is why there’s so much crime in black minority communities? What makes young black Americans commit violent gun/gang activity? Obviously the political system Im sure has some affect to that. People being arrested for non violent drug activity or weed. Young kids growing up without fathers because of that. But until people in their own community talk about these tough questions the root cause of the problem will remain

Basically quit brothering good christian white folks with our whinny arse bs, in your value opinion, and take care of our own, self-created problems without federal intervenue.

I love how you admit there is a teenie weenie bitty problem with the criminal justice system in that they just won't let these worthless people smoke their weed.

One again you tell the stripe of the man by what and how he rants. If I ever have an identity problem, I have you tell to me the what what of Blacks. such a negative post.

A good chunk of the violence in our communities are gang related, criminals, and just plain people who snapped. Most violence crimes are done by repeated offenders. You would want to stress the killing and high crime to those people and not use the word Blacks. Be specfic. You act like there isn't strong criminal gangs element in our community.

Think I am full of it? What if I started talking about the racism of the KKK, but I use white this and white that constantly instead of being specfic with my accusations? It would sound like I am dogging the whole race by the actions of the few. You would think after awhile I was bigoted.

You just don't know how to talk outside your little white, self centered click.

You are highly offensive with your dumpster dive for negativity and reflecting it all back on the whole community. You had the f'ing nerve to call me a racist.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-15-2020 at 05:35 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Your side lacks any empathy and under Trump it has jumped to a sociopathic level.
    What in your view is lacking in empathy?