Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 202 of 709 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 10632
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    The standard is whether or not the officer reasonably believes that using deadly force is necessary to prevent death/serious bodily injury for him/herself or any other person. In that moment where a taser is being pointed at you I think it's reasonable to believe that you could be at risk of serious bodily injury.

Like I've said many times, its tragic. But just because its a tragic end doesn't mean it was a wrong decision.

The Atlanta Police Dept. made a poor decision is firing this officer. I highly doubt he gets charged with any crime. I would be shocked if he doesnt file a lawsuit against the city/department.

It's possible.

That is probably true but would have absolutely been the wrong decision. I doubt a tow truck would respond or have any involvement with a subject still sitting in the car. You absolutely have to call the police in that situation for many reasons. The employees at Wendy's didn't know he was intoxicated. What if he was having a medical issue or a drug overdose that caused him to be unconscious? What the hell is a tow truck driver going to do in that situation? Or what if he wakes up and decided to drive drunk again?

Come on, the police needed to be called to that scene.

No.
    But stealing a taser, running away, AND pointing it in the direction of the officer does justify the use of deadly force.

It's so sad the way the country is right now and I truly do see both sides. I get why people are scared of the police. I get why people, specifically black people, are in fear for their lives. There are racist cops. There have been many instances where unarmed subjects have been unjustly killed by the police. It's ****ed, all of it is.

I also know that the large majority of police officers are really good people and that they are really good at their job. It just sucks that these people are getting treated so poorly because of the actions of the minority which are bad.
    I don't see how getting tased is even a reason to use deadly force.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Even the cops insist it isn't a deadly weapon... when they use it on people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    You try so hard. lol As if we canít all see how many times you post here throughout the day.
    Yes, it takes so much effort to call a clown a clown....and, oh no! Please don't mention that I post often on this message board. It makes me so insecure.

If you reasonably believe deadly force is necessary to protect yourself from death or grievous bodily harm by shooting someone in the back, you are part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Then these good cops need to get rid of the bad cops within their organizations or they will continue to be lumped in with the bad ones.
    You're correct. There are definitely many problems in policing. The good ones need to speak up against the bad ones and sadly it doesn't happen nearly enough. I work for a small department and we have at least one real bad person working for us. I'm guilty of not speaking up or doing anything to change it and I know that its wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Consider what could happen if an officer is tased? He would be extremely compromised. He could be much more easily disarmed of his firearm and shot.

Even the cops insist it isn't a deadly weapon... when they use it on people.
    It's not a deadly weapon at least not when used as its intended.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If you reasonably believe deadly force is necessary to protect yourself from death or grievous bodily harm by shooting someone in the back, you are part of the problem.
    Regardless of where he was shot, the taser was still pointed in the direction of the officer.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post

It's not a deadly weapon at least not when used as its intended.
    When a fleeing person aims it at cop it becomes deadly? Or is there another way it becomes deadly when it isn't used as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Incorrectly used it can cause serious harm. Taze yourself in the face and report back to us.

The problem we are having with cops is they are overly aggressive and use deadly force too often. Couldn't they just chased down a drunk and tackle him to the ground. I say this while remembering how two cops shot a rock-throwing homeless person in LA a few years back.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-16-2020 at 12:50 AM.

10. 06-16-2020, 12:43 AM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Insults

In the video, it looks like the guy was over ten feet away from the cops. What is the range of those tasers? Are there over ten feet of wire in that gun? Isn't it meant to be a very close non-lethal weapon?

In the video, it looks like the guy was over ten feet away from the cops. What is the range of those tasers? Are there over ten feet of wire in that gun? Isn't it meant to be a very close non-lethal weapon?
    Most are 15 feet.

It doesnít matter how far away he was. You take a weapon from a cop and point it at him and you deserve what you get.

Airsoft guns are non-lethal, but a lot of them look like real guns. Point one at a cop and you deserve to be shot for it.

Surely, you get the idea here. Donít point weapons at cops. Non-lethal, replica, any!

excuse me as I google that. 15 ft is pretty far.

Lol, you beat me to it. But it is still considered a non-lethal tool by those who use it. I just saying the cops' lives or anybody else wasn't being threatened. Why didn't the cops just take the guy's keys and license and let him sleep it off in Wendy's parking lot after they had him move it? Especially given the current environment.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-16-2020 at 01:10 AM.

Any way his boss fired him for his actions. So they feel it was an overreaction. Policing themselves maybe?
    Last edited by WES445; 06-16-2020 at 01:06 AM.