Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 201 of 709 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 10632
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://youtu.be/XpOwJvbyJkA

This is the kind of crap Iím talking about. Dollar Store calls the cops because a 4 year old stole a Barbie doll and the cops roll up on the car of the family with guns drawn yelling ďget the **** out of the carĒ and ďIím going to put a cap in your ***Ē (yes, they literally said that).

In fact, it was the bystanders filming the event that said the police need to calm down and that they are trying to de-escalate the situation. Does it come as any surprise that these police then lied on their report about the conduct?

But Trevor Noah makes a great point ďIt makes you wonder how many people have been arrested and put in jail, because people assume the police version of events is always the truth?Ē

And itís a great question. People automatically give the police the benefit of the doubt. That what they say and do is correct. But we have seen too many of these situations to give them that sort of benefit of the doubt anymore.

The other argument is itís just a few bad apples. But this video shows the problem is institutional. If you replace the cop who threatens and lies, you still have a police procedure that calls for drawing weapons to apprehend a 4 year old for stealing a Barbie doll. That kind of force isnít necessary. But itís part of the current militarized police culture. Assume everyone is trying to kill you, even the 4 year old who stole a Barbie.

If I wanted to, I could post videos for weeks on police acting unduly aggressive in this manner. This has to stop. And thinking itís just a few bad apples when itís clear itís a culture of aggression, is stopping us from stopping this problem.
    To be honest, I didnít click on your link to read the story but I have firsthand experience in a situation like this....

When I was 18 years old, I was driving home from the beach for senior week on the New Jersey turnpike. I stopped to get gas. In NJ, all the gas is full service meaning they pump it for you. I told the attendant to give me $5 in gas. Gas was cheap at the time and my tank/gauge had something wrong with it in that any time it was below half a tank, the gauge read empty. I just wanted to bring it above half so Iíd have a reading. Anyways I handed him a $5 bill and my friend and I continued on our way. A few miles down the road, we noticed a cop had someone pulled over probably for speeding or something. Next thing I know, the cop was in my rear view with his lights on. I wasnít sure what I had done but a pulled over.

As the cop approached the car, I noticed he had his hand on his gun and he yelled ďput your hands where I can see them.Ē My friend and I put our hands up but that didnít satisfy him. He repeated ďwhere I can ********** see them !Ē So we put our hand out the window. The cop grabbed me out of my car and threw me against my trunk and proceeded to pat me down. He then he me with a confusing question ďdo you like to steal for gas stations?Ē I had no idea what he mean and told him as such. He explained to me that the gas station had called in a robbery with someone that fit my description along with my car make/model.
    I explained to the cop that I paid for $5 in gas. I had about $50 on me and lived about 2 hrs away. If I was going to steal, wouldnít I at least fill up my tank? I showed him my tank had a little over half. Anyway, he apologized for how he approached my vehicle but said the call came in as a robbery. He didnít know if we were armed or what. He lead me back to the gas station so I could repay for the gas. Iím not sure if the attendant pocketed the money himself or of it blew away on a busy highway.

My point is, the cops approach a situation based on the information they have. Iím not claiming they acted appropriately. Obviously, I donít know. But if the call from the store came in as a robbery, their approach is going to be different than ďa 4 y/o shoplifted.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    To be honest, I didnít click on your link to read the story but I have firsthand experience in a situation like this....

When I was 18 years old, I was driving home from the beach for senior week on the New Jersey turnpike. I stopped to get gas. In NJ, all the gas is full service meaning they pump it for you. I told the attendant to give me $5 in gas. Gas was cheap at the time and my tank/gauge had something wrong with it in that any time it was below half a tank, the gauge read empty. I just wanted to bring it above half so Iíd have a reading. Anyways I handed him a $5 bill and my friend and I continued on our way. A few miles down the road, we noticed a cop had someone pulled over probably for speeding or something. Next thing I know, the cop was in my rear view with his lights on. I wasnít sure what I had done but a pulled over.

As the cop approached the car, I noticed he had his hand on his gun and he yelled ďput your hands where I can see them.Ē My friend and I put our hands up but that didnít satisfy him. He repeated ďwhere I can ********** see them !Ē So we put our hand out the window. The cop grabbed me out of my car and threw me against my trunk and proceeded to pat me down. He then he me with a confusing question ďdo you like to steal for gas stations?Ē I had no idea what he mean and told him as such. He explained to me that the gas station had called in a robbery with someone that fit my description along with my car make/model.
    I explained to the cop that I paid for $5 in gas. I had about $50 on me and lived about 2 hrs away. If I was going to steal, wouldnít I at least fill up my tank? I showed him my tank had a little over half. Anyway, he apologized for how he approached my vehicle but said the call came in as a robbery. He didnít know if we were armed or what. He lead me back to the gas station so I could repay for the gas. Iím not sure if the attendant pocketed the money himself or of it blew away on a busy highway.

My point is, the cops approach a situation based on the information they have. Iím not claiming they acted appropriately. Obviously, I donít know. But if the call from the store came in as a robbery, their approach is going to be different than ďa 4 y/o shoplifted.Ē
    If you were black he would have shot you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Maybe I should have reached for his gun to find out what would happen...

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Maybe I should have reached for his gun to find out what would happen...
    Iíll quote this instead of your long post, but itís in response to that post.

Yes, if it was called in as a robbery, I still donít think itís acceptable to yell ďIím gonna our a cap in your ***ē

And itís obvious you didnít click the link because you assumed their initial posture was the only problem. They were still angry and yelling long after it was clear the family had no weapons to the point where bystanders had to tell the police to calm down. Then the police cuffed the father and kicked him in the leg, but on the police report lied about it.

I get if they are told itís a robbery they go into the situation assuming itís a robbery. But once they get on scene and discover itís not a Robbery, but a kitten stuck in a tree, they shouldnít continue to treat it like a robbery.

This is a problem and it needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Killing my wife was not about her affair

The list of people whose opinions I respect less than Orenthal James Simpson is....pretty short.

I used to watch clips from the Naked Gun movies just to see this bastid get constantly beat up.
    agree

Higher chances of that happening? Very likely. Acting like it's a certainty (or that other races are exempt from police violence/mistreatment) is a pretty simplistic outlook though.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Higher chances of that happening? Very likely. Acting like it's a certainty (or that other races are exempt from police violence/mistreatment) is a pretty simplistic outlook though.
    It would have pushed them over the edge

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

His crime? Assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest. .
    This is red flag for police abuse. These terms are always labeled to anyone the police wanna harass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Great, after the right was blaming black looters for burning down that Wendy in Atlanta (I think) a video has come out that show a white woman setting the fire. I love the fact that large numbers of whites are joining the protest, but there are some whites who wish to flame the fire. This woman, the guys who were arrested heading towards a riot with weapons and firebombs, the ones joining in destroying communities businesses or the militia guys trying to hand out weapons to protesters during the Ferguson protest a year or two ago.

I starting to think there is a little bloodlust brewing in the white communities as well. If they would shoot the first set of looters, I am pretty sure it will discourage others.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Great, after the right was blaming black looters for burning down that Wendy in Atlanta (I think) a video has come out that show a white woman setting the fire. I love the fact that large numbers of whites are joining the protest, but there are some whites who wish to flame the fire. This woman, the guys who were arrested heading towards a riot with weapons and firebombs, the ones joining in destroying communities businesses or the militia guys trying to hand out weapons to protesters during the Ferguson protest a year or two ago.

I starting to think there is a little bloodlust brewing in the white communities as well. If they would shoot the first set of looters, I am pretty sure it will discourage others.
    You really need to hire a translator.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

11. 06-15-2020, 11:03 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Insults

There seems to be a crack in the police unity. Various black police officers' organizations are siding with the black residents on the issues of racial discrimination, inequality, and overaggressive policing.

"This is a new era in America, and we have to embrace the change," said Charles Billups, president of the Grand Council of Guardians, a Black law enforcement association in New York. "If you keep recycling those same people in leadership positions, you'll never get real change. " Yahoo News.

13. 06-15-2020, 11:20 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Insults

14. 06-15-2020, 11:43 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Insults

I bet if those looters were threatening to burn a rich neighborhood, the cops would be out there with M-16. I remember the Rodney King riots had videoes of a squadron of police cars speeding out of the black neighborhood when the first few fires started.

Recently while they were looting the stores in my area, serval cops were caught on tape lounging in a alderman's office.

Funny, no one in the police department can find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    You try so hard. lol As if we canít all see how many times you post here throughout the day.
    Where you come to converse with him. Guess you are killing time until your imaginary girlfriend show up.lol

With all due respect (you make a good argument and seem to make it in good faith) my response is ďso?Ē If the standard is was he scared I think you win the case. If the standard is was his assessment that his life was endangered correct I think Vlade wins the case. I donít think this officer should be locked up however I do think he made a poor assessment that lead to him being responsible for someone dying. I do not have a problem with him no longer getting to walk the street with a badge and a gun. If he had a good record otherwise and they wanted to give him a govt job where he didnít get a gun I also wouldnít have a problem with that.I think what he thought or what he felt should not dictate if a shooting was justified. Was he correct in his assessment is what should matter. I donít think he was. I think this sets an appropriate standard for other officers as well.

The standard is whether or not the officer reasonably believes that using deadly force is necessary to prevent death/serious bodily injury for him/herself or any other person. In that moment where a taser is being pointed at you I think it's reasonable to believe that you could be at risk of serious bodily injury.

Like I've said many times, its tragic. But just because its a tragic end doesn't mean it was a wrong decision.

The Atlanta Police Dept. made a poor decision is firing this officer. I highly doubt he gets charged with any crime. I would be shocked if he doesnt file a lawsuit against the city/department.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    he was able to assault the police, so why couldn't he use that taser on someone else?
    It's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Because the taser isn't reuseable without a new CO2 cartridge inserted. This isn't an off the shelf replacement. Bogus argument. No need to shoot in back and a prime example of why police shouldn't be called for every issue. Had Wendy's called a tow truck rather than the police Brooks would still be alive
    That is probably true but would have absolutely been the wrong decision. I doubt a tow truck would respond or have any involvement with a subject still sitting in the car. You absolutely have to call the police in that situation for many reasons. The employees at Wendy's didn't know he was intoxicated. What if he was having a medical issue or a drug overdose that caused him to be unconscious? What the hell is a tow truck driver going to do in that situation? Or what if he wakes up and decided to drive drunk again?

Come on, the police needed to be called to that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Does him stealing a taser and running AWAY justify him being shot in the back and killed by law enforcement?
    No.
    But stealing a taser, running away, AND pointing it in the direction of the officer does justify the use of deadly force.

It's so sad the way the country is right now and I truly do see both sides. I get why people are scared of the police. I get why people, specifically black people, are in fear for their lives. There are racist cops. There have been many instances where unarmed subjects have been unjustly killed by the police. It's ****ed, all of it is.

I also know that the large majority of police officers are really good people and that they are really good at their job. It just sucks that these people are getting treated so poorly because of the actions of the minority which are bad.

Then these good cops need to get rid of the bad cops within their organizations or they will continue to be lumped in with the bad ones.