Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 459 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 6872
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Probably the biggest obstacle in holding police officers accountable for their actions is their own internal, well-documented, and widespread corruption — in the form of their time-honored rule of covering up for each other.

    Until they break that mold, they will be objects of suspicion and scorn by some.
    The blue line has been weakening for years. Cameras are totally destructive to it. Police in uniform who don't have cameras rolling should be assumed at fault when accused by the public.

    This case is literally open and shut case. How dumb are these cops?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    And you wonder why people call you racist here. The bolded line that you keep repeating, you really think anyone believes that is your stance? Or should we just read between the lines where you're looking for anything here to jump on that shows this guy got what was coming to him?
    It is amazing here how so many know what I am thinking. Some here know what I did 50 years ago. Some knew what I was like in high schools.

    It's like the psychic hotline.

    To the point………

    Who here is really the one that is close minded???

    I said several time that the police were wrong and should be fired. Go to jail?…I'm OK with that too.

    I merely pointed out (and fairly well) that there is more to this than we know. Did you read any of what I wrote???

    Does anyone else here think that there are details that we do not yet know???? And that none of those details will exonerate the police????

    And…These police are wrong and should be fired.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,842
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is kind of funny that he had a literal "read between the lines" post
    Do you believe what this guy said that I was "looking for anything here to jump on that shows this guy got what was coming to him?"

    Do you think that that is what I was trying to point out???

    Honest answer would be appreciated.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    You are correct about this but then show me a union that does not do this. All unions blindly support their members.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I would say that most “groups” of people do this even...

    Doctors
    The Catholic Church
    Mafia
    People in inner cities

    All to some degree or another protect and correct within their own groups
    And...

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The blue line has been weakening for years. Cameras are totally destructive to it. Police in uniform who don't have cameras rolling should be assumed at fault when accused by the public.

    This case is literally open and shut case. How dumb are these cops?
    Fair enough, but until very recently almost all of those camera shots came from the public, and while cameras have improved the situation (for their part, the police had to get shamed into using them), it still has not broken the code.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And...
    And what????

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,825
    I apologize for my soap box.

    Congress can set the tone by no longer locking up non-violent criminals. By legalizing and decriminalizing drugs. By getting rid of mandatory minimums. By getting rid of 3 strikes. By making prison about rehabilitation not about making money and punishment. By reducing the size of police forces. By not allowing money collected by police actions (including fines) to be used by the government at all ... it can go to victims or to community services programs, or donate it to charities.

    Police should be paid more, it should take a lot more training before they are on the street, they should be trained to better handle confrontations without extreme force.

    I know several cops and they are for the things above. They are tired of having their moment to moment job performance graded based on tickets and arrests. They are tired of seeing drug users who are already suffering abused and used by the system that keeps them down. 1 of my cop friends died recently ... he was definitely borderline as a cop, he was a DEA undercover agent and it ruined his health. As a person he was a really nice guy, super helpful to the community, started a house painting business and hired only ex-cons. He was an emotional wreck from what he'd seen and done and the drugs he got addicted to in the line. He was an alcoholic and I'd see him driving drunk a few times a year, chase him down to stop him. He'd always end up crying and apologizing and swearing he was going to stop drinking. I spent years working with drug users trying to help them through the system and helping them get clean and get to their court dates, and get jobs, places to live, etc. I've seen literally dozens die from drugs, or from the damage they did to their bodies.

    I can say with total conviction that the VAST majority of cops are really good people who actually feel a drive to be civic leaders and to take care of the community they work for despite being treated like **** by the public on a regular basis. But they are made of humans and some of them are going to be **** humans, and some of them the job is going to wear them down until they are not capable of doing the job anymore ... we don't really have any system to get them out of the job when they get there. We've probably all had teachers who were clearly over it and should clearly move on and do something else because they just don't like the students anymore and have become bad at their job ... we can't get rid of them because of tenure. The blue line promotes the cops who hate the public or they leave them working and **** like this is the result.

    **** me, at least this one should be a very easy trial and conviction.

  8. 05-27-2020, 01:23 PM
    Reason
    Insults

  9. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

    **** me, at least this one should be a very easy trial and conviction.
    The officer should be killed, point blank.

    Put him in the chair, flip the switch, case closed. If I did that on camera that's what would happen to me.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Fair enough, but until very recently almost all of those camera shots came from the public, and while cameras have improved the situation (for their part, the police had to get shamed into using them), it still has not broken the code.
    The cops I know love the cameras. One was telling me the other day it saved his marriage. A woman filed a complaint that he had been having an affair with her and when she wanted to break it off he'd beaten her. Because he had GPS and camera footage from his own front door and back to his front door for every day for several weeks his boss was quick to dismiss the complaint and once the wife saw the only footage with the woman (she was nuts) she let it go.

    In Oakland they were worried about the cameras because they would get in questionable situations where they would let people off for drug paraphernalia and things like that, but once the captain said the tapes would never be used to punish cops for being lenient they started to like them.

    The most common complaint was about GPS because some captains started requiring the cops to stay under the speed limit including on their way to and from work, and because some started requiring the cops stay in their duty area for lunch.

  11. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,825
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    The officer should be killed, point blank.

    Put him in the chair, flip the switch, case closed. If I did that on camera that's what would happen to me.
    1. No.
    2. There has to be a trial. The rest need to learn that they will be found guilty in court.
    3. That is not what would happen to you if you did that on camera. There are relatively few executions anymore. Only 7 states executed anyone last year, and all but two had been in prison for 15+ years beforehand.

  12. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    35,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    1. No.
    2. There has to be a trial. The rest need to learn that they will be found guilty in court.
    3. That is not what would happen to you if you did that on camera. There are relatively few executions anymore. Only 7 states executed anyone last year, and all but two had been in prison for 15+ years beforehand.
    Sure, there can be a trial..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    It is amazing here how so many know what I am thinking. Some here know what I did 50 years ago. Some knew what I was like in high schools.

    It's like the psychic hotline.

    To the point………

    Who here is really the one that is close minded???

    I said several time that the police were wrong and should be fired. Go to jail?…I'm OK with that too.

    I merely pointed out (and fairly well) that there is more to this than we know. Did you read any of what I wrote???

    Does anyone else here think that there are details that we do not yet know???? And that none of those details will exonerate the police????

    And…These police are wrong and should be fired.
    Yes, pretty much anything on this topic we all know what you are thinking based on your posting history. Doesn't take a psychic to see it coming from you.

    You're a tough guy, you want people to stop thinking you're racist every turn of the way, then stop acting like a racist every time a situation presents itself. Until then get used to it tough guy.

  14. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Yes, pretty much anything on this topic we all know what you are thinking based on your posting history. Doesn't take a psychic to see it coming from you.

    You're a tough guy, you want people to stop thinking you're racist every turn of the way, then stop acting like a racist every time a situation presents itself. Until then get used to it tough guy.
    I'm far from a tough guy. So I guess you are not psychic.

    I'm just trying to point out a common sense point of view…an attempt wasted on you.

    The two points of the original post were…

    1 There are things about this incident that we do not know and will probably come out.

    2. The police were wrong and should be fired.

    I even preference point 2 numerous times since I suspected (correctly) that the post might create a spit storm.

    Sorry you did not get the point(s).

    But not surprised.

  15. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The blue line has been weakening for years. Cameras are totally destructive to it. Police in uniform who don't have cameras rolling should be assumed at fault when accused by the public.

    This case is literally open and shut case. How dumb are these cops?
    The Blue Line has been weakening because of citizens and instances like this revealing it. It’s not like the police were working hard to change, society has been forcing them to.

  16. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Do you believe what this guy said that I was "looking for anything here to jump on that shows this guy got what was coming to him?"

    Do you think that that is what I was trying to point out???

    Honest answer would be appreciated.
    From reading your post and based on your past posting history, I think you were trying to insinuate there was probably something the man did to where the police acted the way they did. I think you believed there was more to the story than what we saw, and that what we haven’t seen yet would hurt the dead man’s credibility/case and help explain the police’s actions.

  17. 05-27-2020, 03:14 PM
    Reason
    If you post actually say something

Page 2 of 459 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •