Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 188 of 419 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 6279
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    No need to question the criminal justice system. Cause that would not be in a criminal court. Payouts happen in a civil court. And you know as a well as I do that often times it is cheaper to pay than to litigate.
    Yeah but you are ignoring the situation. The complainants in these cases are often poor individuals with criminal histories. The accused wrongdoers are police officers. Unless the case has garnered a significant amount of media attention the chances the government is going to win any suit is high.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...tings-rule-609

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Itís wrong period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    that is correct. it's wrong to assault police. it's wrong to steal a police officer's taser. it's wrong to point that taser at police.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

the dead guy made mistakes leading up to the incident. I still think he should still be alive and that is why the officer is being punished

once Brooks is running away with the taser, what should police in that situation do? allow him to run away?

if the police in that case did not pursue, Brooks wouldn't have been able to point the taser at the police that wouldn't be following?

but then you have someone allegedly drunk with a police officer's taser. what if he then went on to use that on someone else.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/?f...n1pLPisajsy7FE

These stats are pretty crazy. In 2019 police killed over 1,000 people. But what about justified killings you ask? Well yeah, Iím sure a lot were justified. How many do you think were justified in the eyes of the law?

Try 99%. Thatís right, 99% of all the killings have not resulted in any charges for the officer involved. I think we can all agree that Is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Was unaware that a death sentence was in order, or that the officer had the authority to make that call. Unarmed man, running away, that had been detained for 45 minutes at that point. Why not just pick him up tomorrow? Why only one officer on the scene after a 45 minute stop? Let's just stumble and bumble our way to killing somebody.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

These stats are pretty crazy. In 2019 police killed over 1,000 people. But what about justified killings you ask? Well yeah, Iím sure a lot were justified. How many do you think were justified in the eyes of the law?

Try 99%. Thatís right, 99% of all the killings have not resulted in any charges for the officer involved. I think we can all agree that Is BS.
    Do you have any evidence of this assertion or are you simply going by your super SJW, white knighting, spidey sense?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Do you have any evidence of this assertion or are you simply going by your super SJW, white knighting, spidey sense?
    Any evidence that 99% of all police killings in 2019 were not justified? Only common sense. Are you saying you believe 99% of those killings were justified?
    Last edited by valade16; 06-14-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I can testify that rural cops, especially in southern Illinois treat black drunks way far more harshly than white drunks.

I had a good friend who was a white pot dealer and bookie. I got pot from him and also raked in money on his football pools and had a smaller profit in his poker games. The one thing good about having Asperger is I am hard to read. Often my Asperger is considered a sign of stupidity at those poker tables until I started winning. Anyway, a couple of local blacks, this was a college town, broke into his house, rough up him and his roommate and spared his wife, stole his money and pot.

When the cops came, they ask Larry who did it and he will have his pot and money back that night. He was back in business the next day.

There are more drugs sold in college dormitories than in my middle-class black neighborhood (yes, they do exist) at that time, which is gotten from the locals with the police department blessing. It got so bad in that area with police involvement in the drug business that the DEA set their office in that town. Their results were laughable.

One time this college town went dry for a month when the federal government shut down three counties' police departments for drug dealing in Kentucky.

If anybody has seen the show "Justify", they will remember the Bennett family where one son was the county police chief and the other son was a major drug dealer in the region. That was an accurate accounting of what goes on in some of these rural counties.
    The Illinois police gave the dealer his pot back? What year was this?

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what should have happened in Atlanta?

if you think the police should have just allowed him to run off with the police officer's taser, that is the wrong answer. you can't allow someone to run away with an officer's taser, just as you can't allow someone to run away with an officer's gun.

that doesn't even take into account Brooks while running point the taser back at the officer.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/13/us/at...dys/index.html

could the police officers have continued chasing him without firing at Brooks, hoping he stops or tires out and doesn't shoot the taser where they could have then apprehended him?

I'm sure ideally there could have been a method that didn't end in death, but what could that have been? what can police do to change how this incident progressed?

whatever people feel about this shooting, what did burning Wendy's do. even for those that think this shooting was wrong/racist, burning Wendy's or any other rioting doesn't help.

Candace Owens? Get the **** outta here.

That looks peaceful, lol.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

the dead guy made mistakes leading up to the incident. I still think he should still be alive and that is why the officer is being punished

Yup. Seems pretty simple.

that is correct. it's wrong to assault police. it's wrong to steal a police officer's taser. it's wrong to point that taser at police.
    Guess what? It's even more wrong to shoot someone dead. Of course you take the cops side though.

Nah. Cops are always right and never corrupt.

without details how could you possibly know.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

without details how could you possibly know.
    For the same reason Iíd be skeptical if you told me you flipped a coin 100 times in a row and it came out heads 99 times. The chances are just incredibly low.

Especially considering the multitude of police shootings coming to light that were anything but above board.