Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 187 of 459 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 6872
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    I wonder how many anecdotal stories we could find about police doing what they did to you and then the drunk driving off and killing families on the road?
    You’re free to search but I doubt very many to be honest. If police pulled someone over for driving drunk and then let them go and they ended up killing someone I feel like that would be a big news story.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Yeah, we should start arresting people who protest, since we are too stupid to distinguish between peaceful protests and riots.
    Who said anything about arresting protesters?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    it was New York, and I saw a breakdown on TV but not finding a link...did find this- https://nypost.com/2020/01/31/city-p...by-nearly-30m/

NYC, $300mil in past 5 years....top 10 cities around a quarter billion a year....ridiculous use of taxpayer money
    Are you assuming that all those payouts were justifiable? Couldn't at least a portion of that be considered frivolous due to the litigious nature of our country?

Are you assuming that all those payouts were justifiable? Couldn't at least a portion of that be considered frivolous due to the litigious nature of our country?
    If you are going to now question the criminal justice system get in line behind BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Or the cop could have done his job, and let the justice system do theirs. What a hero, that guy needs a medal for incompetence.
    WTF are you talking about?? He was trying to do his job when the drunken idiot decided to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You’re free to search but I doubt very many to be honest. If police pulled someone over for driving drunk and then let them go and they ended up killing someone I feel like that would be a big news story.

Well that's the great and unreliable thing about anecdotal evidence... it often cant be proven and means little to nothing n a national level. How do you know the poster is even telling the truth? If I had said the exact opposite of what he claimed, youd likely not believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    If you are going to now question the criminal justice system get in line behind BLM.
    No need to question the criminal justice system. Cause that would not be in a criminal court. Payouts happen in a civil court. And you know as a well as I do that often times it is cheaper to pay than to litigate.

Yeah the city aren't going to have the best lawyers to fight their case before a friendly jugde. I guess all those case had BLM inspired judges.

Keep pulling crap out arse eventually you will find gold, I guess.

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    WTF are you talking about?? He was trying to do his job when the drunken idiot decided to resist.
    the dead guy made mistakes leading up to the incident. I still think he should still be alive and that is why the officer is being punished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-14-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

No need to question the criminal justice system. Cause that would not be in a criminal court. Payouts happen in a civil court. And you know as a well as I do that often times it is cheaper to pay than to litigate.
    nitpicking. These judges, whether civil or criminals w ent through the same law program. True the evidence of proof maybe different but I don't see cities having dumb lawyers or unfavorable judge on their case.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-14-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Well that's the great and unreliable thing about anecdotal evidence... it often cant be proven and means little to nothing n a national level. How do you know the poster is even telling the truth? If I had said the exact opposite of what he claimed, youd likely not believe me.
    I’d believe both of you short of an extraordinary claim that required extraordinary evidence (what he said was not an extraordinary claim).

I don’t know that his anecdote is indicative of police practices at large. I can tell you my buddy’s parents house was painted camouflage (you can google it, it’s in lots of memes) and he was driving back to it one night when we were younger and was stopped right out front by the police. He is certain he would have failed a DUI test but as the office was talking to him he asked if he lived in the camouflage house and when he said yes the officer went “I must have made a mistake, have a good night”. I know also one time when I was in HS I was pulled over for speeding and having a busted taillight and no insurance so they’re ere going to tow the car and the officers were going to search the vehicle and grabbed my backpack which had a bong and weed in it (back when it was illegal) but as they opened the trunk they saw my violin case with a “Bush/Cheney 04” sticker on it and asked if I supported Bush. When I said yes they stopped their search and told me to drive home and buy insurance.

Do any of those prove anything at large? No, they’re anecdotal. But I think cops are human and let people off certain crimes for a variety of reasons. I also think cops don’t let people off with a warning or are more aggressive for a variety of reasons.

Ok, how much of that billion is due to frivolous claims do you think? How much money is acceptable for the city to have paid out for illegal police practices? Because even if we cut that billion in half, $500 million still seems like way too much.

I assumed nothing, just stated numbers.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    his job isn't to shoot ppl for wielding a non lethal weapon while inebriated

private sector maybe....not when a government is the one being sued