Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 180 of 627 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 9396
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Thatís the response you didnít have time for? Lol

As prejudiced as those laws would be, do you think they would do a good job of keeping whites people out of the town?

The reason you canít answer is you know the truth: all those laws would absolutely be targeting white people to keep them out of the town despite the fact not a single one of them says they are meant to target white people.

So do you agree now that itís possible for a law to target a group despite not stating that is the laws intention?
    I completely disagree. Your assuming that all white people, or even a majority, like country music, wear boots, ride horses etc.

Not to mention that none of that would target ONLY white people.

And Iíd love for you to show any law that even remotely resembles that AND limits it to a particular race?

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    If 6% of the population committed 50% of the rapes in this country.... you might associate rape with that 6% even though it may only be a fraction of a percentage of that 6%.

How about instead of excusing the behavior that leads to this bad association... you actually do something about the % of crimes your community is committing? Or is it easy to just blame others for the plight of your people?
    You can feel criminals should be held accountable for their crimes and not be racist. Stop blaming your racism on criminals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

These protest won't carry us to where we clearly need to be...

...but, I fell like they're working. Right? At least to a more meaningful extent than we've seen in a while? Maybe since after MLK was murdered and the subsequent riots/protests?
    HELLO

If 6% of the population committed 50% of the rapes in this country.... you might associate rape with that 6% even though it may only be a fraction of a percentage of that 6%.

How about instead of excusing the behavior that leads to this bad association... you actually do something about the % of crimes your community is committing? Or is it easy to just blame others for the plight of your people?
    I don't know about rape, but I do associate domestic violence with cops.
    HELLO

[QUOTE=The20thK;33504606]If there
    I completely disagree. Your assuming that all white people, or even a majority, like country music, wear boots, ride horses etc.

Not to mention that none of that would target ONLY white people.

And Iíd love for you to show any law that even remotely resembles that AND limits it to a particular race?
    Iím not assuming all whites people like those things, Iím playing the averages. Statistically, the largest demographic that wears cowboy hats and boots, that listens to country, or that votes Republican are white people. So even though the laws donít get every white person, it still gets a large enough amount to deter them.

Similarly, I never said the laws would only impact white people, only that they disproportionately target them. So yes, banning republicans would prohibit the 9% or so of black Republican voters, but thatís a small amount compared to the 80+% who are white.

So before I answer your question, do you agree those laws would disproportionately effect white people compared to other demographics?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sorry wrong post

No worries... I figured as much.

My people? Do you think Iím black or something lol?
    Youíre dense

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You can feel criminals should be held accountable for their crimes and not be racist. Stop blaming your racism on criminals

I am claiming criminals should be held accountable without being racist. Youíre the racist because you think they ďcanít help it, itís just the culture they grew up inĒ.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I don't know about rape, but I do associate domestic violence with cops.
    Do you do stand-up somewhere? I fee like someone should have rolled a couple drums followed by a cymbal.

Youíre dense
    Remind me, were you the one criticizing Spliff for making these kind of pithy comments, or am I thinking of someone else?

I am claiming criminals should be held accountable without being racist. Youíre the racist because you think they ďcanít help it, itís just the culture they grew up inĒ.
    No, youíre claiming we should view black people as criminals because some of them are.

[QUOTE=valade16;33504764]
    If there

Iím not assuming all whites people like those things, Iím playing the averages. Statistically, the largest demographic that wears cowboy hats and boots, that listens to country, or that votes Republican are white people. So even though the laws donít get every white person, it still gets a large enough amount to deter them.

Similarly, I never said the laws would only impact white people, only that they disproportionately target them. So yes, banning republicans would prohibit the 9% or so of black Republican voters, but thatís a small amount compared to the 80+% who are white.

So before I answer your question, do you agree those laws would disproportionately effect white people compared to other demographics?
    No, Iíd say that it affects people who do those things regardless of race. Unless youíre saying itís ok to do those things in that town if youíre black.

Remind me, were you the one criticizing Spliff for making these kind of pithy comments, or am I thinking of someone else?
    Nope, I criticized because thatís ALL he does

How is that in any way relevant? You are saying itís Ok to violate black peopleís civil rights because itís for their protection.

If someone tried to abolish your 2nd amendment rights because itís for your protection youíd tell them to **** off.
    I already said I was against stop and frisk because of the 4th amendment. That being said, something has to change in the inner city. Not just with young black males but with overall crime which includes all races.

No, youíre claiming we should view black people as criminals because some of them are.
    No, Iím claiming IF people do, then itís not like itís completely unfounded. Iíll also add this (because you all live in your own little worlds) but people view black people from different areas differently. Black people in LA are not the same as black people in Alabama. They may be perfectly comfortable around black people who live near them and still fearful of a black person from south central LA.