Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 151 of 709 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 10622
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    This?

What point are you trying to make?

This was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.
    HELLO

Love that video, but I will give him major points for being honest in a hostile setting. No political double talk.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-11-2020 at 10:16 PM.

We don't want no more police?
    Yeah, that'll work....we'd be fine with just a massive neighborhood watch program

I understand the mindset of major reform, I even understand the mindset of moving some funding to other things....but we do need some form of police force.

If we can defund the police, can we defund Congress, too? That'd accomplish a lot as well.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Defunding the police meaning abolish the most corrupt departments and have more responsible departments expand to cover those areas, allocate money that would go to militarize first the police to instead go to better training on deescalation, social workers, and other necessary aspects of social safety is good.

Defund the police as in get rid of police in that area entirely is bad.

This guy owns

HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Ah, so you’re appealing to the moral minority? Oh well in that case I suppose I need to remind you the confederate statues are idolizing a pro-slavery faction.

If you’re saying we should do what is morally right in this case, want to explain how you think honoring the side that seceded because they wanted to enslave black people is the moral position?
    I’m not playing the moral authority or appealing to a moral minority. I’m showing how our country doesn’t always cater to the likes or dislikes of some/many people.

As for the slavery bit, I don’t believe the people who like/want those statues relate them to slavery. In other words, they don’t view the statues as pro slavery even though some view them as being against slavery. Just because those man fought on the side of slavery or even owned slaves shouldn’t tarnish their achievements otherwise.

Defunding the police meaning abolish the most corrupt departments and have more responsible departments expand to cover those areas, allocate money that would go to militarize first the police to instead go to better training on deescalation, social workers, and other necessary aspects of social safety is good.

Defund the police as in get rid of police in that area entirely is bad.
    Autonomous zones, baby.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I’m not playing the moral authority or appealing to a moral minority. I’m showing how our country doesn’t always cater to the likes or dislikes of some/many people.

As for the slavery bit, I don’t believe the people who like/want those statues relate them to slavery. In other words, they don’t view the statues as pro slavery even though some view them as being against slavery. Just because those man fought on the side of slavery or even owned slaves shouldn’t tarnish their achievements otherwise.
    Just because you don't believe something is related to something doesn't mean it isn't. If Bernie supporters start using the hammer and sickle and say they don't associate it with communist Russia, are you telling me that means the symbol isn't related?

As for tarnishing their achievements, couldn't we say the same about every bad actor historically? The first thing the US did when it got to Iraq was take down all the Saddam statues. Should we have kept those up because they were popular with a large group of Iraqis and because he had accomplished a lot? The first thing we did when we setup West Germany was take down all the Nazi statues, should we have kept those up because we didn't want to tarnish the achievements of Soldiers who happened to join a bad cause?

The problem is the ONLY time you want to use this logic about keeping up statues of a bad actor is in regards to the confederacy.

The other reason they should be taken down is best expressed by Robert E. Lee himself, who was against the idea of glorifying or building statues to Confederate troops:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...rate-monuments

“I think it wiser, not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered.”

So if you actually want to honor Robert E. Lee, perhaps you should do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Autonomous zones, baby.
    I don't know if you've been to Seattle or not but the Capital Hill district is the extremely Liberal, LGBTQ section. My guess is they don't stay autonomous for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Hard to tell if you are a man or a woman sometimes. You bring us stupid points just to push the envelope for no reason at all. Women do that a lot. Some women have perfected it.

Statue of Hitler really? What comes after that…something about the internment camps???

Re: Hitler…no statues are necessary for the evilest man who ever lived. However, Germany has plenty of memorials to the concentration camps which is a pretty negative part of their history.

Many in the south do not think negatively about some of their heroes. I doubt it too many Germans hold Hitler in such high regard.

Regarding pulling down civil war statues…I think doing that offends more people than it pleases. Sort of like graffiting DC streets. So if we are offending more than we are pleasing…is that really such a good idea???
    Heavily leaning on woman.

Chaz. Lol. ****ing idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Heavily leaning on woman.
    This sentence is also an accurate description of how you have sex.

I saw a video of the "Autonomous Zone" today. Looked cool as hell. Everyone having a great time.
    HELLO

This sentence is also an accurate description of how you have sex.
    Glue... sticks.....sticking on you. Yadda yadda yadda.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I saw a video of the "Autonomous Zone" today. Looked cool as hell. Everyone having a great time.
    Shocker. Would've never expected that take from you.