Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 302 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 4519
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,465
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Are you scared of black people?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol not in the least...my only point is we're all extrapolating that him being black had much to do with triggering her reaction....she may be excessively racist, I don't know...none of us do

    And btw in case anyone thinks I'm justifying her reaction or in any other way siding with her, I'm not.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,791
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post


    Literally can't put it any simpler than this.
    Building a brand?

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    RE: The Minneapolis incident.

    One of the points that is real interesting is……

    When the video came out of the police officer kneeling on Floyd, probably near 100% of the country's population was incensed over the incident. We all called for the police officers to be arrested and jailed and nationwide sympathy was generated for minorities regarding how they are treated by the police. We all tried to undwerstand their plight.

    With all the video from Minneapolis in the last two nights……how much of that sympathy was lost??? Everyone still feels the police should be arrested…but feeling bad for the minority community, not so much.

    Pretty dumb move but it's not like we haven't seen this before.
    right, which goes against what was said about protesting inspiring action......it can, of course...but the productivity of the protest is degraded by some of the excessive activity...some against police officers who may be just as incensed about what that officer did as they are
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    92,968
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Building a brand?
    Yea a brand that says "hey maybe don't kill black people".
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  5. #215
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,056
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post


    Literally can't put it any simpler than this.
    From a compositional perspective the photos should be switched. Kap should be looking towards the cop with that stare that says “you”, and the cop would then be looking away with the expression that says “guilty.”

    Meanwhile, the words remain above with “Why?”.....”This is.”

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,791
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea a brand that says "hey maybe don't kill black people".
    Maybe it should say “don’t try to make a living off black people being killed”

    It actually applies to both...

  7. 05-28-2020, 02:37 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

  8. 05-28-2020, 02:40 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

  9. #217
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,670
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I never said he shouldn’t feel threatened....

    Also their reactions were very different. I suppose she could have attacked the black dude being a ****. Violence is always the answer
    Well in the same way it's generally not a good idea to attack a man with a weapon because you'll end up dead, it's similarly not a good idea to threaten to call the cops on a black man and act your way through extreme distress with a camera rolling.

    If what Ahmaud did was wrong because of the results, how can you possible claim what she did wasn't given the results?

  10. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    RE: The Minneapolis incident.

    One of the points that is real interesting is……

    When the video came out of the police officer kneeling on Floyd, probably near 100% of the country's population was incensed over the incident. We all called for the police officers to be arrested and jailed and nationwide sympathy was generated for minorities regarding how they are treated by the police. We all tried to undwerstand their plight.

    With all the video from Minneapolis in the last two nights……how much of that sympathy was lost??? Everyone still feels the police should be arrested…but feeling bad for the minority community, not so much.

    Pretty dumb move but it's not like we haven't seen this before.
    It's not an organization making carefully analyzed and planned moves. It's a bunch of individuals, and yes, some of them are greedy idiots who saw a chance to get "free" stuff.

  11. #219
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,670
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    right, which goes against what was said about protesting inspiring action......it can, of course...but the productivity of the protest is degraded by some of the excessive activity...some against police officers who may be just as incensed about what that officer did as they are
    Except you guys are both relying on a faulty underlying premise. That all the other people who had sympathy for black people as a result of this death would have been inspired to action. It's not like this is the first time we've seen a black man unjustly harmed by police. When has it ever inspired large scale action or change?

  12. #220
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    RE: The Minneapolis incident.

    One of the points that is real interesting is……

    When the video came out of the police officer kneeling on Floyd, probably near 100% of the country's population was incensed over the incident. We all called for the police officers to be arrested and jailed and nationwide sympathy was generated for minorities regarding how they are treated by the police. We all tried to undwerstand their plight.

    With all the video from Minneapolis in the last two nights……how much of that sympathy was lost??? Everyone still feels the police should be arrested…but feeling bad for the minority community, not so much.

    Pretty dumb move but it's not like we haven't seen this before.
    To be clear here if we are saying some bad apples causes a loss of sympathy for the whole...

    Well you just explained all the over the top cop bashing in this country. They are using your approach.

  13. #221
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,670
    It seems the people who want to make it abundantly clear that it's not all police that are bad and we shouldn't judge them all on some of their actions are the first people to vilify the entire protests because some of them loot.

    Does the same logic apply or not? If you can't separate the majority of the people who are protesting for a just reason from the bad ones, why would you expect people to be able to separate the majority of the cops who are good from the bad ones?

  14. #222
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,390
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It seems the people who want to make it abundantly clear that it's not all police that are bad and we shouldn't judge them all on some of their actions are the first people to vilify the entire protests because some of them loot.

    Does the same logic apply or not? If you can't separate the majority of the people who are protesting for a just reason from the bad ones, why would you expect people to be able to separate the majority of the cops who are good from the bad ones?
    This

  15. #223
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    37,525

  16. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    92,968
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Maybe it should say “don’t try to make a living off black people being killed”

    It actually applies to both...
    That is a good slogan for the police. One day maybe they will stop doing that.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  17. #225
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,791
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well in the same way it's generally not a good idea to attack a man with a weapon because you'll end up dead, it's similarly not a good idea to threaten to call the cops on a black man and act your way through extreme distress with a camera rolling.

    If what Ahmaud did was wrong because of the results, how can you possible claim what she did wasn't given the results?
    If someone feels threatened, I fail to see how calling the cops is a bad idea. You can react in a lot of ways. The mcmichaels deserved a beat down but Abery was out matched given they had guns. The dude in the park deserved a beat down, but I’m assuming the woman was outmatched. One decided to use violence and was unfortunately killed. She called the cops and has to deal with social media. I think in terms of outcomes, she made out over Abery.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •