Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 302 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Are you scared of black people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol not in the least...my only point is we're all extrapolating that him being black had much to do with triggering her reaction....she may be excessively racist, I don't know...none of us do

And btw in case anyone thinks I'm justifying her reaction or in any other way siding with her, I'm not.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post

Literally can't put it any simpler than this.
    Building a brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    RE: The Minneapolis incident.

One of the points that is real interesting is……

When the video came out of the police officer kneeling on Floyd, probably near 100% of the country's population was incensed over the incident. We all called for the police officers to be arrested and jailed and nationwide sympathy was generated for minorities regarding how they are treated by the police. We all tried to undwerstand their plight.

With all the video from Minneapolis in the last two nights……how much of that sympathy was lost??? Everyone still feels the police should be arrested…but feeling bad for the minority community, not so much.

Pretty dumb move but it's not like we haven't seen this before.
    right, which goes against what was said about protesting inspiring action......it can, of course...but the productivity of the protest is degraded by some of the excessive activity...some against police officers who may be just as incensed about what that officer did as they are
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Building a brand?
    Yea a brand that says "hey maybe don't kill black people".
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Literally can't put it any simpler than this.
    From a compositional perspective the photos should be switched. Kap should be looking towards the cop with that stare that says “you”, and the cop would then be looking away with the expression that says “guilty.”

Meanwhile, the words remain above with “Why?”.....”This is.”

Yea a brand that says "hey maybe don't kill black people".
    Maybe it should say “don’t try to make a living off black people being killed”

It actually applies to both...

7. 05-28-2020, 02:37 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

8. 05-28-2020, 02:40 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

I never said he shouldn’t feel threatened....

Also their reactions were very different. I suppose she could have attacked the black dude being a ****. Violence is always the answer
    Well in the same way it's generally not a good idea to attack a man with a weapon because you'll end up dead, it's similarly not a good idea to threaten to call the cops on a black man and act your way through extreme distress with a camera rolling.

If what Ahmaud did was wrong because of the results, how can you possible claim what she did wasn't given the results?

When the video came out of the police officer kneeling on Floyd, probably near 100% of the country's population was incensed over the incident. We all called for the police officers to be arrested and jailed and nationwide sympathy was generated for minorities regarding how they are treated by the police. We all tried to undwerstand their plight.

With all the video from Minneapolis in the last two nights……how much of that sympathy was lost??? Everyone still feels the police should be arrested…but feeling bad for the minority community, not so much.

It's not an organization making carefully analyzed and planned moves. It's a bunch of individuals, and yes, some of them are greedy idiots who saw a chance to get "free" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    right, which goes against what was said about protesting inspiring action......it can, of course...but the productivity of the protest is degraded by some of the excessive activity...some against police officers who may be just as incensed about what that officer did as they are
    Except you guys are both relying on a faulty underlying premise. That all the other people who had sympathy for black people as a result of this death would have been inspired to action. It's not like this is the first time we've seen a black man unjustly harmed by police. When has it ever inspired large scale action or change?

To be clear here if we are saying some bad apples causes a loss of sympathy for the whole...

Well you just explained all the over the top cop bashing in this country. They are using your approach.

It seems the people who want to make it abundantly clear that it's not all police that are bad and we shouldn't judge them all on some of their actions are the first people to vilify the entire protests because some of them loot.

Does the same logic apply or not? If you can't separate the majority of the people who are protesting for a just reason from the bad ones, why would you expect people to be able to separate the majority of the cops who are good from the bad ones?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It seems the people who want to make it abundantly clear that it's not all police that are bad and we shouldn't judge them all on some of their actions are the first people to vilify the entire protests because some of them loot.

Does the same logic apply or not? If you can't separate the majority of the people who are protesting for a just reason from the bad ones, why would you expect people to be able to separate the majority of the cops who are good from the bad ones?
    This

Maybe it should say “don’t try to make a living off black people being killed”

It actually applies to both...
    That is a good slogan for the police. One day maybe they will stop doing that.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well in the same way it's generally not a good idea to attack a man with a weapon because you'll end up dead, it's similarly not a good idea to threaten to call the cops on a black man and act your way through extreme distress with a camera rolling.

If what Ahmaud did was wrong because of the results, how can you possible claim what she did wasn't given the results?
    If someone feels threatened, I fail to see how calling the cops is a bad idea. You can react in a lot of ways. The mcmichaels deserved a beat down but Abery was out matched given they had guns. The dude in the park deserved a beat down, but I’m assuming the woman was outmatched. One decided to use violence and was unfortunately killed. She called the cops and has to deal with social media. I think in terms of outcomes, she made out over Abery.