Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 137 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 4564
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Not that anyone will believe meÖÖÖ

Part of basic training in the military (back in the 60s) involved 1 full day of CBR Training (Chemical, Biological, and Radiological Training). Various types of hand grenades were demonstrated. White phosphorous was unreal (burned a hold thru an engine block). Get that on your skin and the burn would be incredible. Thought that if weapons were being outlawed as inhumane, WP should be near the top of the list. I could not see any use foe these types of grenades to exist at all. We were also shown various smoke grenades Ö several different colors used to mark positions. The had no effect on any of us. Might have smelled a little, can't remember.

We were also put into a cabin wearing our gas masks while the drilled sergeant burned what were mustard gas tablets. No smell, and completely invisible. We had to take our gas masks off and remain in position for 30 seconds. No one could do it. it was unbelievable. Finally we had to sit in a field in groups of 25 or so with our gas masks in their pouch and behind our backs while the sergeants (who were masked) opened up some tear gas canisters and we had to get our gas masks out, clear them and put them on. Most of us couldn't do that and just ran. (I got mine on.)

The tear gas was so strong that I doubt that that is what is used against the rioters. I'd like to think that some tempered down version is used in the street. (but maybe it is, I dunno.

WHY do they have to move out of the way so the president can have a photo op?ÖÖbecause they were told to. Same reason intersections are closed off and traffic is delayed when dignitaries go by. Very annoying but necessary. Also because it is the easier thing to do. Wouldn't it have been so much simpler for the protestors to peaceably move back instead of making a big issue out of it.

Just common sense really.
    I believe you.

Sorry... the president's photo op is not more important than the people's first amendment rights.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Not that anyone will believe meÖÖÖ

Part of basic training in the military (back in the 60s) involved 1 full day of CBR Training (Chemical, Biological, and Radiological Training). Various types of hand grenades were demonstrated. White phosphorous was unreal (burned a hold thru an engine block). Get that on your skin and the burn would be incredible. Thought that if weapons were being outlawed as inhumane, WP should be near the top of the list. I could not see any use foe these types of grenades to exist at all. We were also shown various smoke grenades Ö several different colors used to mark positions. The had no effect on any of us. Might have smelled a little, can't remember.

We were also put into a cabin wearing our gas masks while the drilled sergeant burned what were mustard gas tablets. No smell, and completely invisible. We had to take our gas masks off and remain in position for 30 seconds. No one could do it. it was unbelievable. Finally we had to sit in a field in groups of 25 or so with our gas masks in their pouch and behind our backs while the sergeants (who were masked) opened up some tear gas canisters and we had to get our gas masks out, clear them and put them on. Most of us couldn't do that and just ran. (I got mine on.)

The tear gas was so strong that I doubt that that is what is used against the rioters. I'd like to think that some tempered down version is used in the street. (but maybe it is, I dunno.

WHY do they have to move out of the way so the president can have a photo op?ÖÖbecause they were told to. Same reason intersections are closed off and traffic is delayed when dignitaries go by. Very annoying but necessary. Also because it is the easier thing to do. Wouldn't it have been so much simpler for the protestors to peaceably move back instead of making a big issue out of it.

I believe you to. Your explanation is just more of of your there are winners and losers perspective on everything though. These posters are losers so they should suck it. Trump is a winner so anything in his interest is justifiable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-09-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Just as Sluggo said he didn't believe my story about a negative interaction with the police, I'll go on record to say I don't believe his army story.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

My friend was a probation officer for a bit. When you start off they ask you if you want to carry mace. If you do you have go through a ďtrainingĒ that concludes with them macing you in the face and you trying find your way out of a room.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

https://religionnews.com/2020/06/09/...r-friends-say/

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    When did the buck stop stoping there?

And also you think the secret service is going to order gassing of US citizens without telling someone (at the very least the campaign team or chief of staff)? If so our secret service is dumb!
    The buck hasn't stopped there since Carter.

The secret service doesn't inform the protectee by policy. From what I heard the gassing was the decision of the police with no prompting from the secret service or the white house, but I have no idea.

I certainly have seen nothing that makes it clear that Trump ordered it or even knows about it. If he knows about it (it may not have been covered on Fox News), he should apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The buck hasn't stopped there since Carter.

The secret service doesn't inform the protectee by policy. From what I heard the gassing was the decision of the police with no prompting from the secret service or the white house, but I have no idea.

I certainly have seen nothing that makes it clear that Trump ordered it or even knows about it. If he knows about it (it may not have been covered on Fox News), he should apologize.
    Wait, you really think Trump is still unaware of this controversy?

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    https://www.treatmentadvocacycenter....w-enforcement-

One of the most amazing things I have ever seen in terms of mental illness (and my title is ****ing assistant professor of clinical psychology) was a time I was walking across 34th st from a home for the developmentally disabled I worked at (east side) to the main office (west side). I came upon a scene right out in front of macys. There were all these people standing around and a bunch of cops 4 or 5, 2 or 3 pushing people back 2 with hands on butts of their guns, barking demands. In the center of this semi-circle was a man who was clearly homeless and schizophrenic... yelling at no one in particular and holding (not in a threatening manner a knife). A police officer pulled up in an unmarked car, but dressed in the uniform. The crowd parted. All the tense police officers pulled back and this guy walked up to about 6 feet away started talking to the guy.... About what was wrong, why he was stressed etc. No guns drawn.... just talking. 6 feet away. 20 ****ing minutes.... of chat. The ****ing crowd started to bore of the lack of action and started to thin out. the other cops were yawning. Then like nothing the schizophrenic guy dropped the knife and walked away with the main guy.

What I take from this is not good apple... bad apple ****... What I take from it is that there are some people who can do that and some who can't. People who are going to rush to the scene of a crazy man with a knife need the type of training that guy had... not ****ing ******** warrior training. Just like ninja psychology guy probably isn't the guy you want on the swat team when a nut job climbs a watertower and starts shooting.
    40 years ago most cops got that training, the ones who were best at it would end up doing more of it, but everyone got the basic training in deescalation. I don't know when the shoot-to-kill mentality took over for conflict resolution, but it was some time in the last 40 years.

Too many cops, too much pressure for the police to make money, too little training, the police being involved in too much. I've seen some great police work and some horrible police work. Most of them are good guys just trying to do their job well and go home, but we make it hard for them to do good.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Wait, you really think Trump is still unaware of this controversy?
    I don't know if he is aware. I don't think he is unaware, I have no idea.

I don't know if he is aware. I don't think he is unaware, I have no idea.
    What do you mean I donít think he is unaware? You think he knows about it?

What do you mean I donít think he is unaware? You think he knows about it?
    It is not my thought that he is unaware ... he may be unaware, he may not be.

Do you have any actual data that says he does know? It's completely possible he does and that there is actual evidence that he does. I don't know.
    Last edited by Scoots; 06-10-2020 at 12:04 AM.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Do you have any actual data that says he does know? It's completely possible he does and that there is actual evidence that he does. I don't know.
    I donít have any actual data or evidence that tells me President Trump knows Santa Claus isnít real, Iím not going to pretend I donít know if he does or not.

I think itís extremely unlikely given the coverage of the incident and how often Trump watches TV, checks Twitter, and consults with people about his image, that he isnít aware of it. His own Attorney General had a press conference about it.

I donít have any actual data or evidence that tells me President Trump knows Santa Claus isnít real, Iím not going to pretend I donít know if he does or not.

I think itís extremely unlikely given the coverage of the incident and how often Trump watches TV, checks Twitter, and consults with people about his image, that he isnít aware of it. His own Attorney General had a press conference about it.
    I hope he doesn't believe in the physical manifestation of Santa Claus, but I don't know if he does or not so I'm not going to pretend either way.

I think he probably does know, and like I said, if he does he should apologize for it.

I hope he doesn't believe in the physical manifestation of Santa Claus, but I don't know if he does or not so I'm not going to pretend either way.

I think he probably does know, and like I said, if he does he should apologize for it.
    You have this bad habit of assuming because we arenít 100% sure of two things the chances of either are 50/50.

I donít know with 100% certainty if Trump knows Santa is fake or not. But the chances of him knowing that are 99.99% for and .01% against.

Yes, we canít know with 100% certainty if Trump is unaware of the controversy, but thereís a 99% chance he is aware. I think someone is pretty naive to think Trump is completely in the dark about this at this point.