Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 305 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 4565
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,585
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    She was intentionally making it sound like a black man was endangering her life.

    Because she was upset he wanted her to leash her dog.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    You don't know her intent.........she was freaked she'd not only been caught, but now there's a guy recording her and she's not sure how to react...she reacted poorly, but highly unlikely she was thinking clearly about how to react in that moment. I mean yes, it could be EXACTLY what you said....or drastically different...we're extrapolating without all the facts.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,464
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't care about the mounties/RCMP and neither should you.

    PSD should expect better from moderators (plural).
    The blue line is famous here in the states, there was even a movie named after it. I genuinely find the RCMP interesting, they are like the marshal service in US history in that they are often a long way from one of their fellow officers and are in those cases the only representative of the law there is. With all that history I wondered if their individual honor was commonly put below protecting the mounties as a whole like with US police?

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,464
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    They should have thrown the stuff they stole in the lake.
    That would have made more sense in some strange way, but still their complaint isn't directly with Target and Auto Zone. It would make even more sense if they threw all of the police station office furniture in the lake.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,464
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    She was intentionally making it sound like a black man was endangering her life.

    Because she was upset he wanted her to leash her dog.
    That seemed clear to me. She was trying to scare him into leaving her alone by threatening him and implying the police would just believe her because she was white and he was black.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    My opinion…this was clearly racist.

    This woman made way too much out of this. Even if she just ignored the guy and walked away, nothing would have happened. But she just had to say something. She is a complete idiot. Little prima donna not used to anyone telling her anything. Got what she deserved.
    The full story, from the mans own words, tells a different story. They were both being “karens.” Him complaining about her dog not being on the leash and her for calling the cops. Although I think most people might have called them. He said “you’re not gonna like what I do next” and then called her dog over to him. He claims he was just going to give it a treat, but I can understand why the woman would feel threatened by it.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,756
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The full story, from the mans own words, tells a different story. They were both being “karens.” Him complaining about her dog not being on the leash and her for calling the cops. Although I think most people might have called them. He said “you’re not gonna like what I do next” and then called her dog over to him. He claims he was just going to give it a treat, but I can understand why the woman would feel threatened by it.
    Yeah, of course she felt threatened, the guy was black. Black guys are threatening while jogging, threatening while running away from a situation, threatening while reaching for their license and registration, threatening while walking home, threatening while sitting on the sidewalk, threatening while laying face first in the pavement handcuffed, threatening while sleeping in their beds. They are pretty scary. I get it.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,585
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah, of course she felt threatened, the guy was black. Black guys are threatening while jogging, threatening while running away from a situation, threatening while reaching for their license and registration, threatening while walking home, threatening while sitting on the sidewalk, threatening while laying face first in the pavement handcuffed, threatening while sleeping in their beds. They are pretty scary. I get it.
    Just freaking stop it. You want racism to go away? Stop inserting it into every damn situation.

    Maybe she was threatened because, off camera, he was acting in a more threatening way than the audio implies
    Maybe she was threatened because he was simply a big dude..
    Maybe she was threatened because he was black but you don't know her history.

    Or maybe she was threatened just because he was black.......my point is we don't KNOW that. We don't KNOW how she'd have reacted in the exact same situation if he was white...or for that matter if SHE was black. But the way NOT to RESOLVE some of this is TO INSERT IT INTO EVERYTHING, justified or not.

    It's like justifying the looting because maybe it causes action....meanwhile people who had zero to do with the situation otherwise walked off with things they stole from a business that also had zero to do with the situation.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,315
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    She was intentionally making it sound like a black man was endangering her life.

    Because she was upset he wanted her to leash her dog.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    yep, she put on a performance on the phone.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,756
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Just freaking stop it. You want racism to go away? Stop inserting it into every damn situation.

    Maybe she was threatened because, off camera, he was acting in a more threatening way than the audio implies
    Maybe she was threatened because he was simply a big dude..
    Maybe she was threatened because he was black but you don't know her history.

    Or maybe she was threatened just because he was black.......my point is we don't KNOW that. We don't KNOW how she'd have reacted in the exact same situation if he was white...or for that matter if SHE was black. But the way NOT to RESOLVE some of this is TO INSERT IT INTO EVERYTHING, justified or not.

    It's like justifying the looting because maybe it causes action....meanwhile people who had zero to do with the situation otherwise walked off with things they stole from a business that also had zero to do with the situation.
    Oh, you just stop, its tired.

    I didnt justify rioting and looting, I said that it can be an effective means to an end. The point of any civil disobedience is to make the situation so uncomfortable for the powers that be that they must take action.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,392
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    She probably should have said that a black man is politely asking her to put her dog on a leash at the park.
    Was it polite? I thought I read he had mentioned about doing something she wouldn't like then offering her dog a treat. If I heard that I would take it as a threat to my dog too. This was not necessarily from a credible source I saw that though so I would have to look closer

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,817
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah, of course she felt threatened, the guy was black. Black guys are threatening while jogging, threatening while running away from a situation, threatening while reaching for their license and registration, threatening while walking home, threatening while sitting on the sidewalk, threatening while laying face first in the pavement handcuffed, threatening while sleeping in their beds. They are pretty scary. I get it.
    As a dog owner, if a stranger attempted to call my dog to them and made a weird remark, it would put me on alert.

    In that example, both sides were contributing to the escalation of the situation. He was being just as much of an idiot as she was...

  12. #192
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,392
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah, of course she felt threatened, the guy was black. Black guys are threatening while jogging, threatening while running away from a situation, threatening while reaching for their license and registration, threatening while walking home, threatening while sitting on the sidewalk, threatening while laying face first in the pavement handcuffed, threatening while sleeping in their beds. They are pretty scary. I get it.
    To me he is playing the victim here while he kind of instigated things going too far in that. I don't think race needs to play a part for someone to be scared of a guy saying "you won't like whats next" then calling the dog to give it something.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,464
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Oh, you just stop, its tired.

    I didnt justify rioting and looting, I said that it can be an effective means to an end. The point of any civil disobedience is to make the situation so uncomfortable for the powers that be that they must take action.
    Looting isn't civil disobedience.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,464
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    To me he is playing the victim here while he kind of instigated things going too far in that. I don't think race needs to play a part for someone to be scared of a guy saying "you won't like whats next" then calling the dog to give it something.
    As a dog owner that's super suspect. But who knows. One thing for sure, we can be sure that in this and all situations the public will wait until all the information is available before commenting on it

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,719
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You don't know her intent.........she was freaked she'd not only been caught, but now there's a guy recording her and she's not sure how to react...she reacted poorly, but highly unlikely she was thinking clearly about how to react in that moment. I mean yes, it could be EXACTLY what you said....or drastically different...we're extrapolating without all the facts.
    We don't know her intent? She flat out stated she was going to call the cops and tell them a black man was threating her life?

    Are you saying we don't know if her intent was to do exactly what she said she was going to do?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •