Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 106 of 702 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 10529
  1. #1576
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,609
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    By claiming you are not trying to cater to certain races to get their vote, you are absolutely catering to a specific race to get theirs (Iíll let you figure out which).

    Like I said, if you donít believe systemic racism against black people (and other minorities) is a problem, it will never get solved.

    The reason black people donít vote for you and your party is not because the other side caters to them to buy their votes, itís because youíre side says ďyouíre lying, there is no problemĒ and the other side says ďI believe youĒ.
    Your second paragraph is the problem. Itís not that I/we donít believe in racism. Itís that itís on an individual level. Iím not saying individuals are not racist. Iím saying our laws allow them to be so long as though donít infer on a minorities rights. America is one of the most multicultural countries in the world and other ethnicities/races have had success in the US. Why would white racists only hold down one of those races?

    Iím not worried about black votes. Honestly, Iím not worried about their feelings. Iím concerned about creating an economic situation in which they can thrive if they choose to.

  2. #1577
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,135
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Your second paragraph is the problem. Itís not that I/we donít believe in racism. Itís that itís on an individual level. Iím not saying individuals are not racist. Iím saying our laws allow them to be so long as though donít infer on a minorities rights. America is one of the most multicultural countries in the world and other ethnicities/races have had success in the US. Why would white racists only hold down one of those races?

    Iím not worried about black votes. Honestly, Iím not worried about their feelings. Iím concerned about creating an economic situation in which they can thrive if they choose to.
    Exactly, you donít believe in the problem, so you will never provide a solution to a problem you donít believe exists. My point is the majority of black people in this country are saying we have a systemic problem and youíre saying ďI donít believe youĒ.

    So you can create an economic situation that they can thrive in, but the systemic injustice will never go away, because you donít even believe itís a problem.

  3. #1578
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41,412
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I donít accuse you of not being partisan enough, I accuse you of being partisan while claiming you are not. This is yet another example.

    If I had to sum you up it would be: I wish you argued as hard for things you claim to believe in on PSD as hard as you argue for things you donít claim to believe in.
    Okay ... so I have argued that the Tea Party had some hope to shaking things up until it was corrupted and I have argued that Obamacare was a good bill until it got corrupted. So I was for neither of them so you don't like that? Because those positions certainly don't seem to make me partisan one way or the other do they?

    I have stated clearly several times things I'm for so I'm not sure why you think I only argue against things.

  4. #1579
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Okay ... so I have argued that the Tea Party had some hope to shaking things up until it was corrupted and I have argued that Obamacare was a good bill until it got corrupted. So I was for neither of them so you don't like that? Because those positions certainly don't seem to make me partisan one way or the other do they?

    I have stated clearly several times things I'm for so I'm not sure why you think I only argue against things.
    The only thing I didnít like was how GGGG made a post calling out how both the liberal and conservative protest movements were corrupted and you responded singling out how the liberal media destroyed the tea party.

    You quite literally turned his bi-partisan post, partisan.

  5. #1580
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63,362
    The way I see it you're probably freest from the ages one to four
    Around the age of five you're shipped away for your body to be stored
    They promise education, but really they give you tests and scores
    And they predictin' prison population by who scoring the lowest
    And usually the lowest scores the poorest and they look like me
    And everyday on evening news they feed you fear for free
    And you so numb you watch the cops choke out a man like me
    And 'til my voice goes from a shriek to whisper, "I can't breathe"
    And you sit there in the house on couch and watch it on TV
    The most you give's a Twitter rant and call it a tragedy
    But truly the travesty, you've been robbed of your empathy
    Replaced it with apathy, I wish I could magically
    Fast forward the future so then you can face it
    And see how ****ed up it'll be
    I promise I'm honest, they coming for you
    The day after they comin' for me
    I'm readin' Chomsky, I read Bukowski
    I'm layin' low for a week
    I said somethin' on behalf of my people
    And I popped up in Wikileaks
    Thank God that I'm covered, the devil is smothered
    And you know the evil don't sleep
    Dick Gregory told me a couple of secrets before he laid down in his grave
    All of us serve the same masters, all of us nothin' but slaves
    Never forget in the story of Jesus, the hero was killed by the state
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG8L...ture=emb_title

  6. #1581
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63,362
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you don't know what I give a damn about.
    Untrue. You've painted quite the clear picture over the last half decade or so.

    I've provided information here about how both George's Floyd's girlfriend and bother have not wanted this rioting.
    Yeah, you've mentioned that about a dozen times already now. You don't give a **** about what Mr. Floyd or those close to him would want unless it lines up with some partisan point you are trying to make.

    I was against what happened in my first post.
    Congrats. Such a big statement.

  7. #1582
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Excellently stated.
    Thank goodness a post of mine met your expectations. I am so honored and relieved.

  8. #1583
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63,362
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post





    I offered an idea to protest, and you said "No one gives a **** about your stupid ideas."

    you might not care, but smart people that want change should care about a protest that could actually help.
    I know what you said and I know what I said. I know you love repeating things ad infinitum but it really isn't necessary.

    Smart people put zero value in anything you have to say; especially in a scenario like this. Keep popping that popcorn and enjoying this free entertainment the U.S. is providing you from the comfort of your couch though.

  9. #1584
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    14,609
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Exactly, you donít believe in the problem, so you will never provide a solution to a problem you donít believe exists. My point is the majority of black people in this country are saying we have a systemic problem and youíre saying ďI donít believe youĒ.

    So you can create an economic situation that they can thrive in, but the systemic injustice will never go away, because you donít even believe itís a problem.
    Thereís a difference between saying ďthereís not a problemĒ and ďwe need to focus on parts of the problem we can actually control.Ē If people are going to be racist, whether they are cops, judges or jury members, thereís not much we can do about that as a society that we havenít already done. Iím willing to stand up against real racism. Iím not willing to make a mountain out of a molehill though.

  10. #1585
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63,362
    The juice is loose!


  11. #1586
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,135
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Thereís a difference between saying ďthereís not a problemĒ and ďwe need to focus on parts of the problem we can actually control.Ē If people are going to be racist, whether they are cops, judges or jury members, thereís not much we can do about that as a society that we havenít already done. Iím willing to stand up against real racism. Iím not willing to make a mountain out of a molehill though.
    Except you quite literally are saying thereís not a problem when it comes to systemic racism. You in this very thread said you donít believe it exists.

    Listen to your rhetoric. Weíve done all we can to stop racism? What black people think is a problem is ďmaking a mountain out of a molehillĒ

    Now imagine you claim youíre going to try to help someone, but also that you donít believe their problem exists, that weíve already done all we can do to fix that problem, and that the problem is really making a mountain out of a molehill.

    Thatís why black people donít take you or your message seriously.

  12. #1587
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    109,624
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Can't quote the source because I have no idea what the source is, but NPR said this evening: In 2019 there were 9 unarmed black people killed by the police. In 2019 there were 19 unarmed white people killed by the police.
    Considering the fact that the black population is what 15%, then you can see that they get killed at a higher rate.

  13. #1588
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,685
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    The juice is loose!

    The glove didn't fit!


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  14. #1589
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think it's the same issue.
    Youíre right.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #1590
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    5,537
    Obama with all the answers...... About twelve years late buddy. Quit acting like you weren't part of the problem

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •