Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 105 of 615 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 9218
  1. #1561
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Because the Tea Party was on the right and attacked by the left and infiltrated by the right. I didn't bring up the Tea party but I did faithfully point out that both sides helped corrupt it.
    He actually brought up both the Tea Party and the 99% movements and how both sides corrupted those movements. You responded by only mentioning one side.

    He made a bi-partisan point and you literally turned it partisan.

  2. #1562
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,775
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So you’re entire point is black people should stop complaining because they don’t have it as bad in this country as they did in 1950?

    You can conjure whatever reason you want for why those who wish to help are being disingenuous, but the reason you think that is so you can justify you not wanting to help.
    You help individuals who are disproportionately impacted by poverty by changing laws to help form a growing economy which helps with job growth. You help impoverished individuals by stop putting so much stress on a college education. You help them by allowing adults to partake in drugs if they choose.

    The ways I would help would benefit everyone in impoverished areas. However, I’m not trying to cater to certain races and genders to garner their votes.

  3. #1563
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Is it fun for you?

  4. #1564
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Work on your question answering.

  5. #1565
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,108
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    You help individuals who are disproportionately impacted by poverty by changing laws to help form a growing economy which helps with job growth. You help impoverished individuals by stop putting so much stress on a college education. You help them by allowing adults to partake in drugs if they choose.

    The ways I would help would benefit everyone in impoverished areas. However, I’m not trying to cater to certain races and genders to garner their votes.
    By claiming you are not trying to cater to certain races to get their vote, you are absolutely catering to a specific race to get theirs (I’ll let you figure out which).

    Like I said, if you don’t believe systemic racism against black people (and other minorities) is a problem, it will never get solved.

    The reason black people don’t vote for you and your party is not because the other side caters to them to buy their votes, it’s because you’re side says “you’re lying, there is no problem” and the other side says “I believe you”.

  6. #1566
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,302
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He actually brought up both the Tea Party and the 99% movements and how both sides corrupted those movements. You responded by only mentioning one side.

    He made a bi-partisan point and you literally turned it partisan.
    So, your issue is that I didn't say anything about the 99% movement? I didn't much pay attention to the occupy movements because I assumed they were hopeless from the jump. If you want me to research and find out if they too had issues on both sides I can try to do that for you. It's a little odd that not mentioning something is now partisan somehow, particularly when you like accusing me of not being partisan enough.

    And I did mention both sides. The liberal media is one side and the money I mentioned that infiltrated it is the right. Leadership of Tea Party groups were pushed out by right leaning people with big money backing which watered down and corrupted the original message.

  7. #1567
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,302
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Excellently stated.

  8. #1568
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So, your issue is that I didn't say anything about the 99% movement? I didn't much pay attention to the occupy movements because I assumed they were hopeless from the jump. If you want me to research and find out if they too had issues on both sides I can try to do that for you. It's a little odd that not mentioning something is now partisan somehow, particularly when you like accusing me of not being partisan enough.

    And I did mention both sides. The liberal media is one side and the money I mentioned that infiltrated it is the right. Leadership of Tea Party groups were pushed out by right leaning people with big money backing which watered down and corrupted the original message.
    I don’t accuse you of not being partisan enough, I accuse you of being partisan while claiming you are not. This is yet another example.

    If I had to sum you up it would be: I wish you argued as hard for things you claim to believe in on PSD as hard as you argue for things you don’t claim to believe in.

  9. #1569
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,742
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The reason black people don’t vote for you and your party is not because the other side caters to them to buy their votes, it’s because you’re side says “you’re lying, there is no problem” and the other side says “I believe you”.
    Not that I want to insert myself in this conversation, but this line caught my attention.
    Part of the political problem in this country IS that more and more view it all as 'taking sides'....when that was never the specific intent of the party system. Differing platforms, yes...but not designed to be so divisive that it severely hampers being productive. What bothers me about how you (and others) say this, too, is...too often it's put out there like Democrats = left = liberal and Republicans = right = conservative...like the terms are interchangeable, like if you say you're one party people assume a whole set of your political beliefs, when that simply isn't the case.

    The inference that the Republican party as a whole thinks there is no problem is completely untrue.
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 06-03-2020 at 05:05 PM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  10. #1570
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,648
    Cops are the problem

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  11. #1571
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,108
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Not that I want to insert myself in this conversation, but this line caught my attention.
    Part of the political problem in this country IS that more and more view it all as 'taking sides'....when that was never the specific intent of the party system. Differing platforms, yes...but not designed to be so divisive that it severely hampers being productive. What bothers me about how you (and others) say this, too, is...too often it's put out there like Democrats = left and Republicans = right...like if you say you're one party people assume a whole set of your political beliefs, when that simply isn't the case.

    The inference that the Republican party as a whole thinks there is no problem is completely untrue.
    Obviously when talking about an entity as big as a political party comprised of millions of people, there is going to be variance of thought. But the parties are organizations based on like minded political beliefs. That’s the very nature of the party itself, to unite politically like minded individuals.

    I’m not saying every Republican thinks there is no problem, I’m saying the generalized official position of the Republican Party is there is no problem.

  12. #1572
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,781
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Can you guys just stop with this ****.

    You make bold inflammatory bs statements like “antifa doesn’t exist” as if people are saying that.

    The point is that all of this, the protests, the anthem kneeling, the anger, etc is spawned by police brutality.

    You can’t pretend the core issue doesn’t exist and then wonder why antifa, gangs, etc are taking advantage of this moment.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    imagine someone saying stop blaming KKK or white supremacists.

    how about blame where blame is due.

    I have never said.suggested/pretended the core issue doesn't exist. I've agreed about the core issue, racial injustice, race relations. hell I mentioned a type of protest that I thought could have helped more than the anthem protest did.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  13. #1573
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,781
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You don't give a damn about what George Floyd would have wanted.
    you don't know what I give a damn about.

    I've provided information here about how both George's Floyd's girlfriend and bother have not wanted this rioting.

    I was against what happened in my first post.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this is awful, and these officers need to be held accountable.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  14. #1574
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,781
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I mentioned another type of protest that Kaepernick could have had that would have been less controversial.

    I also brought up and said I support the amount of money that Kaepernick has donated, that nobody bothered to reply to.

    this was far more effective than taking a knee during the national anthem.

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...7#post33495467
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No one gives a **** about your stupid ideas.


    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Please learn to read.

    I offered an idea to protest, and you said "No one gives a **** about your stupid ideas."

    you might not care, but smart people that want change should care about a protest that could actually help.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  15. #1575
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,781
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Can't quote the source because I have no idea what the source is, but NPR said this evening: In 2019 there were 9 unarmed black people killed by the police. In 2019 there were 19 unarmed white people killed by the police.


    I don't think the issue is necessarily police killing more white than black, but when the police are wrong are they held accountable, and what are the specific situations here whether it was justified or not.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •