Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 103 of 709 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 10622
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    One instituted a police state and the other....hmmm
    Do you think this is a police state? And do you think Trump made this system?

I was taught that Godwin's law means bringing up Nazis or Hitler loses you the argument.

We live in a corrupted republic. Corrupted by elected officials and the corporate interests they sold themselves to.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    You should be smarter than this.
    That's asking a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Can't quote the source because I have no idea what the source is, but NPR said this evening: In 2019 there were 9 unarmed black people killed by the police. In 2019 there were 19 unarmed white people killed by the police.
    Welp....case closed!

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    awareness from media covering the method and not why? no.

what about Kaepernick's decision to wear socks depicting police as pigs, while he has done some good donating money, this surely didn't help and was wrong. that didn't lead to anything peaceful.
    Mean socks? What a monster!

so apparently you don't care about protesting for racial injustice?
    Please learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    But if we donít call out the government for their systemic bias against black people the systemic bias against black people will never stop.

The black protestors arenít the ones saying itís only a few cops who are racist, thatís the other side (like Joey). The protestors are saying police and the system are racist/biased.
    But the politicians don't sell the unjust system as against black people. They sell it as against criminals. Selling the reform as correcting the injustices those draconian rules have on poor people regardless of race makes it a broader issue. If you go looking for laws that single out people by race and fighting them in the supreme court based on them being racist you are just running on some well worn tracks that have lead us here. We need to attack it at a more fundamental level.

"We are wasting money on imprisoning poor people, take some of their paychecks away to help pay for what they need and save all that prison money."

"We are wasting money on imprisoning drug users, make their drugs prescription medicine and they will pay the corporations for them and we can manage them to keep them alive and paying for years."

"We are wasting money having so many police and paying for them with federal money, let's let them hire and pay their own cops locally and they can't blame us anymore."

I don't think anybody actually in politics thinks "their side" is guilty for the system at all, so how are we going to get them to change it?

just imagine what could be accomplished and the discussions that could be had if people would stop the rioting, stop the looting. this is not what George Floyd would have wanted.
    You don't give a damn about what George Floyd would have wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    That's not really true. It's not uncommon to hear "This is a black problem only, not a white problem".

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You don't give a damn about what George Floyd would have wanted.
    George Floyd's family would probably be among the best to say what he would have wanted I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Do you disagree with what I said?

George Floyd's family would probably be among the best to say what he would have wanted I would guess.
    Cool. That has nothing to do with my post you quoted.

This is what we do. Blame it on Antifa, blame it on police personally inciting the riots, blame it on Trump supporters. It's never one thing. Trying to say it is only one reason is just as wrong as saying it's only one other reason. The main reason for me to protest is the system screwing the poor and drug laws. We are beyond there being only one complaint.
    Thatís fine, but all the noise distracts from a race of people who are being systematically abused without repercussions.

The same voices who refuse to admit racism is even still a problem (also the same group denying thereís anything wrong with the environment, gender rights, women equality, gun violence, etc etc) say nothing of outrage about these instances but canít wait to jump in the minute they find a clip of a cop with a puppy or a black guy breaking a window.

Itís probably the same point your making about a broader broken system, I get that. But one issue is clearly blindingly bigger here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you disagree with what I said?
    Do you know what a facepalm represents?

The problem clearly exists, but selling it as the government attacking the poor may be more productive, certainly with racists.
    That battle is hopeless.

We were close when both the tea party and the 99% were taking action against government corruption. But the two parties have their tricks. Throw another wedge issue to the masses like chum in the water and we all fall back into profitable red and blue groups. Left and right is an easy sell. Top v bottom would mean uniting with people were were just having an abortion or gun debate with.

The tribes are set and the social uprising is mitigated.

Do you think this is a police state? And do you think Trump made this system?

I was taught that Godwin's law means bringing up Nazis or Hitler loses you the argument.

We live in a corrupted republic. Corrupted by elected officials and the corporate interests they sold themselves to.
    You are correct. I agree. But Trump remains the greater of evils and when that is getting blind support, the entire system moves further away, because our standards are so low right now.