Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 298 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I think it should stop.

Wrong is wrong. People should stop protecting within their groups.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    there are also many many police officers that are fantastic in their jobs, including interacting positively with black neighborhoods, and projecting that police in general are racist or pigs or whatever other ignorant narrative there could be is just wrong and doesn't help.
    If they have ever been aware and was complicit in a dirty action by a cop going unpunished, they cannot be a good cop. I dont care how fantastic they are otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I'd go as far as to say that's the likely outcome.

I'd also like to see cops complicit in cover ups getting jail time.

I just can't imagine at lest one doing no time. The idea just doesn't fit in my brain.

I don't support the right of people to congregate during covid. Protest and spit in the face of all medical personnel...sure. But do it with masks and social distancing or I think they should get fined and perhaps more.

We already live in a police state. Almost a quarter of the world prison population.

Might as well do it to people that are actually hurting society on a widespread level , no?

(I still don't believe in mass for profit incarceration )
    It is kind of funny to think of protesting while following the rules, but I am for respectful protest where possible, so yeah, they should social distance and wear masks.

I did notice that at least one of the protest groups who were not social distancing in a protest in DC later said they all lived together but the news crew filming them wouldn't listen to them when they told them that.

I don't support doubling down on bad policies of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I just can't imagine at lest one doing no time. The idea just doesn't fit in my brain.
    Scoots, you amaze me with your idealism.

To me, this is what is deeply embedded in our country: people in positions of power get away with all kinds of crap like this ó every damn day.

The guy kneeling should absolutely be getting jail time. The others, while complicit, I think will be charged, but I can't see them doing jail time. Rather likely to never work in law enforcement again while maybe being handed down some combination of community service and a large fine.

If they have ever been aware and was complicit in a dirty action by a cop going unpunished, they cannot be a good cop. I dont care how fantastic they are otherwise.

there would be many police officers that would not fit this.

it's not always that simple
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I can't either but crazier **** has happened. The thing is this has caught national attention and the president's attention so its very likely these guys are at least charged. Convicted? Maybe but I could see them getting convicted of manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide and not murder.

All I know for sure is the city of Minneapolis is going to be paying George Floyd's family a **** ton of money when that lawsuit is settled.
    Convicted of manslaughter I can see, but that's still not getting off.

Minneapolis is going to declare bankruptcy to dodge the settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    there are also many many police officers that are fantastic in their jobs, including interacting positively with black neighborhoods, and projecting that police in general are racist or pigs or whatever other ignorant narrative there could be is just wrong and doesn't help.
    Do the mounties have a red line?

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Had to stop in to see who Sluggo was blaming. Lol. Not surprised.
    Oh good. Someone who understands it all.

Now tell me who I am blaming.

Is it true that the officer who killed this man has received a dozen complaints and never once been subjected to any sort of corrective action?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Even if there was nothing they could do about it?

Like a cop gets free coffee and it's against the rules is their partner not reporting them then a bad cop? What if he does report him and then the free coffee cop is then not punished ... so he goes unpunished, what more was his partner supposed to do?

Then replace "free coffee" with "letting someone off a ticket against regulations" or any number of escalating common cop activities where the rules were written by lawyers and all the police at every level ignore them, and often to the benefit of the public.

Then we have the behavior by police that is trained and encouraged like entrapment and targeting people for fines, property seizures, and using over the top physical responses all within policy that are far worse in my opinion. Those things are not even the blue line, there is nothing to report. There is nothing to punish.

I had a friend who bought some papers, got pulled over as he left the store, the police searched his car, found the papers, found "too much cash", then asked if the address on his license was correct, he said yes though it wasn't his address, it was his parents address. The found a bunch of pot "residue" in his car, concluded he was a drug dealer (he was, just pot, and just his friends), and tried to seize his parents house, cars, all their belongings, etc. A lot of the police' worst behavior is not only legal, it's supported all the way up to the top in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Scoots, you amaze me with your idealism.

To me, this is what is deeply embedded in our country: people in positions of power get away with all kinds of crap like this ó every damn day.
    These guys don't have enough power though. I don't think anybody above them will put their *** on the line to protect them.

Do the mounties have a red line?
    If you post actually say something
    for someone who has gone after nastynice and spliff(TONE), you should know better.

Page 10 of 298 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast