Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 551 of 590 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 8847
  1. #8251
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    5,344
    Not really. I am simply telling what I remember about him. One reason he was unpopular is because he wanted to change the status quo and that is never easy for people to accept. He wanted equality for all people, not privilege for any one group. To him, all lives mattered.

  2. #8252
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,993
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    To him, all lives mattered.
    LMFAO

    gtfoutta here with that bs
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  3. #8253
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,558
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I do not renounce political protest. I renounce violence and destruction of private and public property. The first ammendment guarantees the right to peaceably protest in this country. There is no guarantee of the right to destroy private and public property.
    Will you accept a not guilty verdict in Derek Chauvin's case because Maxine shot her mouth off? It is possible.
    Will you accept the fact that she, as an agent of the US government, is advocating violence against private property owners? Will you agree with insurance companies when they sue the US government, and Maxine individually, to recoup the costs that they have to pay in benefits as result of the inevitable riots after Chauvin walks due to Maxine's stagtement?
    So when blacks were enslaved, you denounce any violent or destructive opposition to such? When blacks were second class citizens, you denounce any violent or destructive opposition to such?

    What do you mean accept.the fact? If it happens it happens, what is there to accept or unaccept? Do you mean will I support it?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #8254
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,558
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Martin Luther King would renounce Maxine Waters and ask her to be quiet.
    lol

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #8255
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,562
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I did not feel that he was a marxist. You may have considered him to have been one, but that is not how I remember him. He believed in non-violent protests and, yes, he renounced white supermacy, as he (and everyone in the world) should. He believed in self-reliance and minority owned and managed businesses. If he were alive today, I don't think he would appreciate the direction the civil rights movement has taken. He certainly would tell Maxine to go away and be quiet.
    His actual quotes and beliefs supporting Marxism would disagree with you lol

    The argument is what he actually said and believed vs. what you “remember”.

    You’re making this way too easy.

    “capitalism has often left a gap of superfluous wealth and abject poverty and has created conditions permitting necessities to be taken from the many to give luxuries to the few.”

    “I am much more socialistic in my economic theory than capitalist...capitalism has outlived its usefulness.”

    Who said those quotes, Marx or King?
    Last edited by browski234; 04-20-2021 at 01:36 AM.

  6. #8256
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,558
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Come on man. That 24 year old knows so much more than you. Specifically when it comes to people he only sees videos of.
    Yea, it's not like there are any records of media headlines and stories from that time. Let's just listen what a bunch of racist apologist Republicans have to say about it, great idea.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #8257
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    5,344
    I do not believe the situation is nearly as dire today as it was 160 years ago. Slavery was abhorrent and we are far better without it. We were not, however, the only country that allowed it. Many countries still do. I do not support enslaving anyone for any reason, period.
    That said, I ask the question again. If the verdict in the Chauvin case results in violence, would you support businesses and insurance companies filing law suits against the federal government for their agent's statements? Maxine was acting in her position of US Representative when she made the quoted statement. She was acting as an agent of the US Government.
    As I have said many times before, I feel that Derek Chauvin is guilty of manslaughter in this case, but Maxine's statement may put this verdict in question. In short, she may have cost the prosecution the case -- I hope not.

  8. #8258
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,558
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    ********

    MLK was overwhelmingly unpopular during his life. You are rewriting history to make yourself feel better.
    Is that not what all of white america did? lol

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #8259
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,698
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Not really. I am simply telling what I remember about him. One reason he was unpopular is because he wanted to change the status quo and that is never easy for people to accept. He wanted equality for all people, not privilege for any one group. To him, all lives mattered.
    People accused him of only focusing on the problems of black people in his life. And then when he spoke out against Vietnam, he was attacked for that. The MAGA of his day attacked him in the exact way they attack black activists today. They haven’t changed their tactics in 70 years. Same attacks, same ********. The words socialist, capitalist, etc were all thrown around as they are today.

    We’re not letting you or anyone else rewrite history.

  10. #8260
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,558
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Not really. I am simply telling what I remember about him. One reason he was unpopular is because he wanted to change the status quo and that is never easy for people to accept. He wanted equality for all people, not privilege for any one group. To him, all lives mattered.
    [emoji23][emoji1787] nice closing sentence, I'll give you that!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #8261
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I do not renounce political protest. I renounce violence and destruction of private and public property. The first ammendment guarantees the right to peaceably protest in this country. There is no guarantee of the right to destroy private and public property.
    Will you accept a not guilty verdict in Derek Chauvin's case because Maxine shot her mouth off? It is possible.
    Will you accept the fact that she, as an agent of the US government, is advocating violence against private property owners? Will you agree with insurance companies when they sue the US government, and Maxine individually, to recoup the costs that they have to pay in benefits as result of the inevitable riots after Chauvin walks due to Maxine's stagtement?
    This says so much about you.

    1. Shut the **** up. You claim to be against violence yet YOU are willing to accept a not guilty verdict because a congresswoman said something stupid? So you're not ok with Maxine waters wanting confrontation but youre ok with murderers walking?

    2. He said an appeal might be granted. Not that it might change the verdict to not guilty. You don't even understand what's being said here
    And you're so oblivious to your own words you are trying to pretend like this would be acceptable.

    3. If an appeal were to be won by defense there would likely be a retrial. Very rarely do appeals lead to someone walking. So don't get your hopes up buddy.

    4 We're looking for a guilty verdict and we're looking to see if all of the talk that took place and has been taking place after they saw what happened to George Floyd. If nothing does not happen, then we know that we got to not only stay in the street, but we have got to fight for justice,"

    Are these comments reckless and poorly timed? Yes. Are they "inciting violence against private property owners? Nooooooo. How the **** did you stretch to that ridiculous conclusion.

    5. And if you stick by all these statements... Then you must be mad that Cruz Trump and Guliani aren't even being charged with inciting the insurrection.


    Vomitous.

  12. #8262
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    5,344
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    His actual quotes and beliefs supporting Marxism would disagree with you lol

    The argument is what he actually said and believed vs. what you “remember”.

    You’re making this way too easy.

    “capitalism has often left a gap of superfluous wealth and abject poverty and has created conditions permitting necessities to be taken from the many to give luxuries to the few.”

    “I am much more socialistic in my economic theory than capitalisti...capitalism has outlived its usefulness.”

    Who said those quotes, Marx or King?
    I'm not trying to make this easy or hard. You are arguing something that you may or may not have actually seen with your own eyes. I do not know how old you are, nor do I care. Martin Luther King supported black owned enterprises. He wanted minority groups to be self-reliant, not dependent on the government for their livelyhoods.

  13. #8263
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,993
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I do not believe the situation is nearly as dire today as it was 160 years ago. Slavery was abhorrent and we are far better without it. We were not, however, the only country that allowed it. Many countries still do. I do not support enslaving anyone for any reason, period.
    i've never heard anyone say this that wasn't a racist
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  14. #8264
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58,258
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Not really. I am simply telling what I remember about him. One reason he was unpopular is because he wanted to change the status quo and that is never easy for people to accept. He wanted equality for all people, not privilege for any one group. To him, all lives mattered.
    Lofl

  15. #8265
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,562
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I'm not trying to make this easy or hard. You are arguing something that you may or may not have actually seen with your own eyes. I do not know how old you are, nor do I care. Martin Luther King supported black owned enterprises. He wanted minority groups to be self-reliant, not dependent on the government for their livelyhoods.
    Again, your age doesn’t matter. It’s not a benefit that you were alive when he was, if anything it’s damning that you lived through his rise and still have this completely uninformed understanding of his beliefs lol. I literally showed you things he said that define his beliefs (there’s a lot more but you’ve suggested that learning isn’t much of an interest to you so I’ll politely refrain) and dismiss your ridiculous white washing of him, but yet you persist.

    King supporting black owned enterprises doesn’t negate his detest for the racist oppression of them though. What a bizarre argument to make lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •