Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 418 of 448 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 6719
    I don't get the refusal to wear masks if that's what your governor or mayor wants you to do. I don't know if the help or not but I can't see how they can hurt.

As annoying as they are, if they help us get through this mess any faster, I'm all for it.

People spewing about their liberties gets tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I don't get the refusal to wear masks if that's what your governor or mayor wants you to do. I don't know if the help or not but I can't see how they can hurt.

As annoying as they are, if they help us get through this mess any faster, I'm all for it.

We shouldn't need to wait to see what our politicians tell us on that. I mean, it's a virus...of COURSE it spreads thru the air, we've been around the flu all our lives and many people have worn masks just during our annual flu season. But many people are just like petulant children- the more you tell them TO do something, the more they refuse to do it.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

You posted a large graph entitledÖÖÖ

Diversity Level of Corporate Boards Post #6207

The graph indicated low levels of various minority groups on numerous industry's corporate boards. I think you can take that to mean that the graph is assuming that these boards are keeping people off them due to racism. I think that is a pretty logical assumption.

I pointed out that Boards of Directors are concerned with (even obsessed with) making a profit and they would not turn down anyone in any group that could help then increase profits.(See Biden, Hunter) So therefore, I think you can make the assumption that these Boards of Directors just do not encounter all that many qualified applicants that fit these little groups.

You now come back and say ÖÖ"Itís a sign that all those policies donít matter when weíre still neglecting minority schools and neighborhoods"

So you are no longer talking about Boards of Directors as you were before and now you're saying we are neglecting schools and neighborhoods????

You're all over the place. I'd be happy to debate an issue with you once you can decide which issue you wish to talk about.
    You made that assumption and that may very well be a piece to it but thereís a myriad of things that play into this and most issues of minorities struggles.

Weíre simply not on level ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are making some good points today

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    You made that assumption and that may very well be a piece to it but thereís a myriad of things that play into this and most issues of minorities struggles.

Weíre simply not on level ground.

We are on level ground when it comes to selecting members for a Board of Directors. You brought up that graph trying to connect minority groups to BOD members, not me. Then you went off in a different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You are making some good points today

I always make good points. Many need to think about them a tad.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    defensive? No, there were no black men IN that video...so my point was he was trying to make a point about police treatment of blacks...where none exist to be potentially mistreated

(psst, it says South Dakota as my location on every post, that's why I know there's maybe 50 black people in that entire town...and most of them aren't African Americans, they're immigrants)
    Yes, we all know there were no black people in that video. His point stands whether the incident happened in Pierre, South Dakota or Compton, California.

*psst, I view PSD on Tapatalk where location isn't viewable

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yes, we all know there were no black people in that video. His point stands whether the incident happened in Pierre, South Dakota or Compton, California.
    lol if you say so boss
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

You get hung up on some strange ****.

We are on level ground when it comes to selecting members for a Board of Directors. You brought up that graph trying to connect minority groups to BOD members, not me. Then you went off in a different direction.
    Itís not a different direction. Yes, perhaps racial bias of white board members and CEOs plays into this. Thereís also the issue of why people of color have a harder time getting these opportunities. Theyíre not in the same socioeconomic circles so the connections to get there are tough. The quality of education in minority and low income districts sucks as does any support to help with these factors. That sets off a long chain of different issues which includes the ability to get the same opportunities at high level positions as whites.

Better than the 60s? Hell yes. And gradually better over the years but clearly thereís still work to do at all levels. And itís not just stuffy white corporate board rooms. Liberal Hollywood is the same. Agencies, studios, etc all struggle with representation at high levels.

I donít think itís as simples as racist board members, but that could be a part of it. When I experienced a leadership board at a global company trying to address this it wasnít bias at all. It was ďok where are all the candidates?Ē Successful companies raise their standards including schooling etc. so we go back to why arenít minorities getting the same quality of education as wealthy white neighborhoods and how do we fix it.

lol, we know sluggo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

BTW not trying to argue with what you said but I didnít make my initial point clear so my bad. I think thereís a lot to discuss as to why that graph is the way it is. And itís a piece of the broader issue of protests; itís not JUST the police killings. Itís inequality across the board.

It would certainly be the first time anyone's put any thought into them.

A really really big lulz to the city of Minneapolis city council.