Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 121 of 260 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3897
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    It dangerous to yell fire in crowded theaters. The President deciding right now was a good time to express his opinion about Kapís protest and Drewís take on it does nothing but increase unrest during a very unsettled and dangerous time. He is fanning the flames instead of trying to subdue the climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the President of the United States of America doesn't agree with the method of protesting during the American anthem. I would agree regardless of who was President.

Trump talking about this now is in reaction to what Drew Brees said. it wasn't like Trump brought this up again out of nowhere.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    To
    Show
    Support
    For
    Abused
    Citizens

Itís a statement by the DC mayor. A city with a huge black population.

But youíre worried about Trumps feelings.

why was it done, on the road to the White House?

Washington DC is a big place, right, so why was this specific road picked?

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Why would this trigger anyone? You are triggered by Americans asking for equality?

If that triggers trump that means he is not fit for president and should leave the White House.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    it wouldn't or shouldn't trigger Trump, that is the point.

they did this on the road to the White House, for what reason, why that road? this seems like the other side trying to push that Black Lives Matter as if Trump should get the message because he wouldn't agree. except that is ******** because he has literally had tweets in support of justice for the death of George Floyd.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Itís not. Itís a moment of levity like I said.

Iíd Hope among our political divide on this topic we can come together and laugh and agree how phony and ridiculous that is. Surely disdain for the Kardashians and Jenners is still universal.

Geez

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I had to have someone explain to me the sign was photo shopped, I didn't get it lol

I didn't look close enough at the picture to tell it was photoshopped. I saw Kendall Jenner with a sign for Black Lives Matter, didn't know why that was controversial.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    It is a rare beast that willingly gives away the power it possesses ó whatever form that power takes (money, privilege, influence).

It all comes down to the cost of change.

I might be all for making things better, but in all honesty, I am not voluntarily going to diminish what I have in order for others to increase what they have.
    I agree. The problem with that is that eventually when more and more people feel backed into a corner, at some point it doesn't matter how much power you have it will get taken away by force.

Unfortunately my bet is that the people with the money and power will offer up others as sacrifices to mollify the masses while essentially keeping the same system in place and growing.

I saw a video a while back of a black woman yelling at Biden something like "f- you, you are the reason half my community is in prison" ... it's not a Biden thing, it's an establishment thing. If you ever wonder if they are changing, look at how quietly and by how big a vote they quietly pass legislation that keeps the power and money where it is. They only openly fight in the public and in the press about hollow things that don't really matter to their power/money, or they make a show of something and how "critical" it is for us to minimize the public anger against something that is really bad for us (original patriot act, CARES, HEROES, and many many more).

I've got to stop thinking about this, it's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    the President of the United States of America doesn't agree with the method of protesting during the American anthem. I would agree regardless of who was President.

Trump talking about this now is in reaction to what Drew Brees said. it wasn't like Trump brought this up again out of nowhere.
    You really donít get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You really donít get it?

actually I do. this form of protest hasn't worked. the attention that it has gotten has been about the method, and not the reason for the protest.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

This is why they kneel

actually I do. this form of protest hasn't worked. the attention that it has gotten has been about the method, and not the reason for the protest.
    It doesnít seem like you do. When the President post on twitter he isnít taking to Drew Brees. When he post in the mist of nation wide protest and rioting he should cognizant of how his comments will be reacted to by those that are feeling aggrieved. Any comments he makes right now concerning race should try to make a bridge. You can agree with his stance if you want. It was a still stupid and irresponsible thing to say. Unfortunately that is expected at this point and one canít conclude that he had a tone deaf moment. He is doing it on purpose bc he is ****ed up person.
    Last edited by ewing; 06-06-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    It is a rare beast that willingly gives away the power it possesses ó whatever form that power takes (money, privilege, influence).

It all comes down to the cost of change.

I might be all for making things better, but in all honesty, I am not voluntarily going to diminish what I have in order for others to increase what they have.
    human nature at its core....self protection
    Small scale...personally, during all this...I changed jobs the end of February, increasing my salary. I lost no time/wages during all this. As people started panic buying food and paper products originally I shook my head, then started stocking up myself. I have more food in my house than I've ever had, making sure that IF those people were correct that made it sound like there would be shortages and/or high prices in the months ahead, I was covered. I did it, because I COULD do it.

Extrapolate that to those with lots of power/money. They'll never NEED all the millions/billions they've accumulated and therefore never need all the power either....but they keep making damn sure none of it is ever taken from them, either.

Capitalism is a good thing. But what is happening more and more with fewer and fewer people/companies owning more and more businesses/real estate/etc has gone well past capitalism and into pure greed. We praise and look up to people who donate millions, and I'm not remotely discounting that...but quite often it's people where them giving a million to charity is like you and I donating $100. That extreme separation between even the wealthy and the uber wealthy, let alone the common schmoe like you and I will never change...but some things about it certainly should.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    human nature at its core....self protection
    Small scale...personally, during all this...I changed jobs the end of February, increasing my salary. I lost no time/wages during all this. As people started panic buying food and paper products originally I shook my head, then started stocking up myself. I have more food in my house than I've ever had, making sure that IF those people were correct that made it sound like there would be shortages and/or high prices in the months ahead, I was covered. I did it, because I COULD do it.

Extrapolate that to those with lots of power/money. They'll never NEED all the millions/billions they've accumulated and therefore never need all the power either....but they keep making damn sure none of it is ever taken from them, either.

Capitalism is a good thing. But what is happening more and more with fewer and fewer people/companies owning more and more businesses/real estate/etc has gone well past capitalism and into pure greed. We praise and look up to people who donate millions, and I'm not remotely discounting that...but quite often it's people where them giving a million to charity is like you and I donating $100. That extreme separation between even the wealthy and the uber wealthy, let alone the common schmoe like you and I will never change...but some things about it certainly should.
    To that charity, $1m is $1m. Not $100.

Your take is a very self serving view on it.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

How brave of them.

They should have supported from the beginning.

Not just e nfl but a lot of players look like clowns now.

why was it done, on the road to the White House?

Washington DC is a big place, right, so why was this specific road picked?
    Who cares? Does it matter?

why? for what intent? to trigger Trump? the same person that also wants justice for the murder of George Floyd.
    Why would it trigger him?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Who cares? Does it matter?
    Heís going to keep moving goalposts and terms of the manner of protest until you forget he doesnít disagree with the manner, but the actual message. Heíll say the murder of Floyd was wrong and pretend thatís enough to exonerate him, pretend that thatís what the protests are about.

Bring up the actual reason? Reforming the law enforcement that continues to abuse black communities and the racist attitudes behind that? Heís very much against that because heís racist and wants America, a country he knows nothing about and can contribute nothing to because he has this bizarre political fetish about a country he has no connection to, to preserve that.

Just like the racist President he supports.
    Last edited by browski234; 06-06-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    To that charity, $1m is $1m. Not $100.

Your take is a very self serving view on it.
    then I didn't state it very well, because thats not remotely my intent
    gotta love 'referential' treatment