Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 120 of 262 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3922
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    why is this news?
    It isn't. The post literally says it was for levity.

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Honestly, this is one of the major problems of Trump as president. He just doesn't understand how to communicate. He goes up there like a ****ing drunk uncle just popping off at the mouth.

That George Floyd comment about it being a "great day" is a perfect example. In context I don't think it was meant at face value. But he just lacks communication skills to ever profoundly explain anything and as president of the ****ing country you have to be able to communicate.

He just lacks any sort of communication skills to ever be able to unify or calm anyone in any situation.
    He is a terrible person who operates solely out of self interest or to seek vengeance. Take actions to address what people are protesting about, show some empathy, have Fauci come out and explain while he is simpathic to the cause it is also a health issue. I have no doubt with a different leader Dem or Rep the unrest would not have reached this scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-06-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He is a terrible person who operates solely out of self interest or to seek vengeance. Take actions to address what people are protesting about, show some empathy, have Fauci come out and explain while he is simpathic to the cause it is also a health issue. I have no doubt with a different leader Dem or Rep the unrest would not have reached this scale.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    How brave of them.

They should have supported from the beginning.

I remember getting a bunch of **** for supporting Kaep all those years ago.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Agreed
    Itís sad. itís scary. I never really cared about Dem or Rep much. I leaned Dem I guess but I also thought some Reps were better then some Dem. most competent guys on both sides were good machine politicians. Some on both sides are boobs. Iíve said before I think a Romany Presidency would have been very similar to an Obama one. No drastic change even though we do need it in areas and good stewardship. Trump is different and not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

why? for what intent? to trigger Trump? the same person that also wants justice for the murder of George Floyd.
    As much as it may not pertain to YOU specifically, the whole world doesn't revolve around Donald Trump.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

why is this news?
    Facebook post = news

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    We hit the critical mass that Chapelle talks about. We have a moment to do for black rights what the marriage equality movement did 10 years ago.

It needs to make the jump from protests to legislative change.

I just don't see this as a "legislative" issue. It's a problem with the ****ed up way some people think.

Same sex marriages are allowed now. People who think being gay is a sin and are repulsed by it still think it's a sin and are replaced by it.

I don't see any way to change the deep rooted way people think. Not on a wide scale. All the racist *** holes are still going to be racist *** holes with whatever laws they pass. So you're still going to have the same microaggressions, biases, etc.

They passed the civil rights act in the 60s but here we are. Legislation doesn't solve this IMO.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

why? for what intent? to trigger Trump? the same person that also wants justice for the murder of George Floyd.
    Why would this trigger anyone? You are triggered by Americans asking for equality?

If that triggers trump that means he is not fit for president and should leave the White House.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

So Tucson, Arizona sees a serious problem like police violence and bands together in unanimous action to take bold steps to quell the people. How did they do this? Easy! They are making it illegal to take videos of the police. People canít get upset if they donít know whatís going on. This is how you prevent police criminal acts from becoming a movement. Keep people not directly impacted from knowing exactly what is going on.

Two stories that show why I have little faith that any of this will lead to any real progressive change.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rnick-in-2017/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ue/3989915002/

All of this talk for people to show "solidarity" and come together to "speak out" against racism. "Educate" ourselves on racism so we can help fight it. Sounds cute but it's not human nature. That's not about being white, it's human nature.

Hugh says he wanted Keapernick. But he never spoke out. Why? Probably for fear that it'd be held against him professionally.

Lebron refused to denounce what was happening in China because he wasn't "educated" on it. Then he never sought to get educated because 1) it didn't negatively hurt him and 2) he had business interests to protect with China so he just never cared to.

The human nature to protect ones own self interests in both of these cases caused them to act in favor of that over what was "just".

So basically, I expect what's happened the last decades to continue. The overwhelming majority of white people will be "against" racism. We'll continue to "do our part" by not being racists. But when put in these self-compromising positions where really fighting against it can hurt us, on the whole it won't happen enough. It's just to human nature in anything else so I don't see why it would become human nature here.

I think we can make small dents. I think whereas before people might be inclined to keep things off social media people will have a long lasting change to be more willing to share anti-racism type of stuff. That can constantly reinforce that racism is bad and maybe influence some subconscious thoughts/actions.

I think people might be more sympathetic to what black Americans feel in their head. So maybe in the future when a black kid is standoffish or disrespectful to a cop he'll be a little more aware of why that kid feels about police the ways that he does and the cop might sympathize with that. That can turn bad outcomes to good ones and maybe over time build some better trust overall.

I think companies might give more consideration to diversity in hiring.

Overall, I think we can inspire people to do something to help the African American communities. But I don't think it's ever going to be human nature to really put the cause for anything not directly impacting them above themselves. And ultimately I think that's what it's really going to take. The "good apples" might do some more out of this on their own but I don't see a huge uprising to really stand up to the "bad apples" is what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So Tucson, Arizona sees a serious problem like police violence and bands together in unanimous action to take bold steps to quell the people. How did they do this? Easy! They are making it illegal to take videos of the police. People canít get upset if they donít know whatís going on. This is how you prevent police criminal acts from becoming a movement. Keep people not directly impacted from knowing exactly what is going on.
    To the point of my last post...

That's just the easiest, self-appeasing solution. I don't take that as a sign that the people or Arizona "hate" black people. If you asked them if they could get rid of racism and police brutality with a magic wand I bet nearly all of them would.

But doing that requires serious self inconvenience. Tough and awkward conversations with the police. Losing constituents. Living with the fear that if those videos make it to the public you might have to deal with more bouts of the riots and looting. Throw it all together and this is just the easiest solution to keep their lives easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Itís sad. itís scary. I never really cared about Dem or Rep much. I leaned Dem I guess but I also thought some Reps were better then some Dem. most competent guys on both sides were good machine politicians. Some on both sides are boobs. Iíve said before I think a Romany Presidency would have been very similar to an Obama one. No drastic change even though we do need it in areas and good stewardship. Trump is different and not in a good way.
    My main issue right now is Biden was literally the worst possible candidate and he's once again being forced on us. Biden is a hawk and certainly has said some hateful things about people who were mostly black (and I have a video clip of him doubling down on it during this campaign). It's things like that that have made me realize that while there are good people on both sides of the aisle, however rare, both sides are also mainly interested in keeping the populace in line and keeping the current groups in power. Trump is an outsider, and at least in part because of that he's been even less effective legislatively than almost all presidents have been, while Biden has been here for 44 years and is clearly a big cog in the machine.

My hope is that this whole thing is enough to get people up and involved, and that they stay pissed for another 4 years and we finally get a chance to throw more of the *******s out.

I had no issue with Kap kneeling, I never really understood why anybody cared. I think he could have made his message better but I have no doubt he's a good person and felt he needed to take that action. He decided that it was the most important thing for him to do so he did it knowing he was going to piss people off.

I don't get the hate for the 49ers in the whole Kap thing. They were supportive of him as players and the coaches and front office and ownership all spoke of him glowingly. I don't doubt they would have preferred not to have him do it, but them preferring he not make them a side show doesn't mean they don't support him. He didn't earn his position on the field and he accepted that, and he didn't fit the new system being installed.

The rest of the NFL I have less of an understanding of, but I suspect he wasn't "black listed" so much as none of the teams individually wanted the distraction for a marginal player either.

It is a rare beast that willingly gives away the power it possesses ó whatever form that power takes (money, privilege, influence).

It all comes down to the cost of change.

I might be all for making things better, but in all honesty, I am not voluntarily going to diminish what I have in order for others to increase what they have.