Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Would a National Healthcare system have done a better job with the Covid response?

After having a year to watch how the states and health system handle Covid, with inconsistency from state to state, and the botched vaccine rollout, would a national healthcare system have done a better job? And will this change some people's mind on getting a national healthcare system?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    After having a year to watch how the states and health system handle Covid, with inconsistency from state to state, and the botched vaccine rollout, would a national healthcare system have done a better job? And will this change some people's mind on getting a national healthcare system?
    Yes, it wouldn't be close

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

no cause you still hand incompetency at the head of the country. someone who kept telling us that it was a hoax and it wasn't any worse than the flu and it would be over in a couple weeks. national healthcare wouldnt be able to fix that. now the vaccine debacle maybe it could have but, who knows.

No. I only say this because we still wouldn't of been prepared for a pandemic like this when it comes to supplies, and coordination.

It was incredibly important to have people working form the top (with Fauci) on getting accurate information out, and helping the states prepare for everything.

At the end of the day you'd still have Trump feeding misinformation, and ignoring the problem, in a country that isn't accustomed to handling this situation.

A National Health care system would obviously be better overall, but it wouldn't of helped fix the ineptitudes of Trump.

To assume a National Healthcare system would have handled it better also assumes that system is designed to directly lead responses on a national level, and that's simply not how it would be set up and there would still be a myriad of weak links to cause problems throughout the system.

If you want to say would a guided national response to this have been better, 1000% yes.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

In a way yes, having a medical professional who actually understands what is going on lead the response would have saved us about 350k lives and $5 trillion. Because we had an incompetent moron trump running things we had to pay the ultimate price.

In a way no, because the main issue is that govt did not lay out or enforce any plan of action. That's not a health care issue, it's a regulation.issue. We had Dr Fauci saying what to do, the idiotic White House just didnt listen to him.

So, I guess I'm undecided.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    To assume a National Healthcare system would have handled it better also assumes that system is designed to directly lead responses on a national level, and that's simply not how it would be set up and there would still be a myriad of weak links to cause problems throughout the system.

If you want to say would a guided national response to this have been better, 1000% yes.
    Are Covid tests free in the states?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    In a way yes, having a medical professional who actually understands what is going on lead the response would have saved us about 350k lives and $5 trillion. Because we had an incompetent moron trump running things we had to pay the ultimate price.

In a way no, because the main issue is that govt did not lay out or enforce any plan of action. That's not a health care issue, it's a regulation.issue. We had Dr Fauci saying what to do, the idiotic White House just didnt listen to him.

So, I guess I'm undecided.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I am with you. Medicare for all gets everyone plugged into the medical care system regardless of money. People get the life-saving treatment they need regardless of money.

Our leaders' response was so scatter-shot for political and economical reasons that it is hard to say if universal healthcare would have helped. They didn't put the welfare of the people first and foremost when making their decisions.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.