Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 100 of 262 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3922
  1. #1486
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Literally anytime someone brings this subject up. Your very first point is always to point out how blacks people commit the most violent crimes in general and against other black people.
    Why are facts bad?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #1487
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,526
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    If thereís known black inequality, Iíd help fight against it. But I donít believe thereís anything on a systemic level. Itís mostly on an individual level. I believe there are cops that mistreat black people. Like this cop that killed Floyd. But according to his record, he mistreated people fairly evenly. That doesnít excuse his behavior.

    You feel like rioting and looting is helping kill the prejudice against blacks?
    Ok, fair enough. Had I seen this post of yours in a vacuum, I wouldnt oppose your stance so strongly.

    I dont agree with your reasoning you've been giving throughout the thread, but this is a fair post. I dont agree with this post, I strongly feel that there is racism on a systemic level. I believe that systemic racism is mostly a product of these subconscious prejudisms we ALL individually have against blacks. There are many reasons we have these prejudisms, such as statistical truth behind it, big topic in pop culture, big topic in politics, etc..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #1488
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Why are facts bad?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facts arenít bad. They just need to be placed in the proper context. Comparing black people deaths by police to black people deaths by black people is not a comparison we should be making. It proves nothing.

  4. #1489
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Why are facts bad?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You should be smarter than this.

  5. #1490
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33,460
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    If thereís known black inequality, Iíd help fight against it. But I donít believe thereís anything on a systemic level Itís mostly on an individual level. I believe there are cops that mistreat black people. Like this cop that killed Floyd. But according to his record, he mistreated people fairly evenly. That doesnít excuse his behavior.

    You feel like rioting and looting is helping kill the prejudice against blacks?
    This is the nexus of your beliefs. This is why you have such an archaic, simplistic, and erroneous view of the problem.

  6. #1491
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Why are facts bad?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    In a vacuum nothing, but everybody knows you arenít presenting them in good faith or for sincere discourse, you do it as a really lazy deflection strawman combo because you donít have the capacity or interest to address the issue.

    Literally nobody would say the violence you reference isnít a problem. But the aggressors in those situations donít wear the badge and uniform of those sworn to protect and serve the communities of this country. So your lazy ďyeah well this other thing is bad so we canít address this bad thing haha libsĒ argument is counterproductive. Itís why things never will change. Rather than address a gross distrust and tension between black communities and the law enforcement that brutalizes them in gross unlawful ways, you throw up your hands and say ďwell blacks are even worse...Ē. As if that will magically bury the issue.

    But youíre the same type who will say there needs to be conversation not protests, but you dismiss either when presented with these silly deflections.

    A black man is murdered on film by law enforcement, begging for his life while his colleagues do nothing and guard him.

    Your response is ďwell black people kill each other too so clearly racial injustice canít existĒ

    People who respond like this are very much trying to say racism isnít that big a deal and not an issue with law enforcement, no matter how brutal the newest example is to them. Itís not about ďfactsĒ since youíre downplaying ones that donít appeal to your narrative. Itís really transparent lol
    Last edited by browski234; 06-03-2020 at 01:54 AM.

  7. #1492
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    49,314
    "Cars would drive up, let off the looters, unload power tools and suitcases and then the cars would drive away," she told ABC News. "Then the cars would come back pick them up and then drive off to the next spot. They seemed to know exactly where they were going. Some of the people were local but there were a lot of out-of-towners."


    https://abc7ny.com/looting-vandalism...-nypd/6228222/

    But the crazy part is at the end of the article where they acknowledge that NYPD is using tracing databases that they said didnít exist!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #1493
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,526
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is the nexus of your beliefs. This is why you have such an archaic, simplistic, and erroneous view of the problem.
    Sure, but there is SOME merit to what he's saying in that specific post. The law doesn't spell out racial injustice in words the way it did 70 years ago.




    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #1494
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    13,842
    Can't quote the source because I have no idea what the source is, but NPR said this evening: In 2019 there were 9 unarmed black people killed by the police. In 2019 there were 19 unarmed white people killed by the police.

  10. #1495
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    31,526
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Can't quote the source because I have no idea what the source is, but NPR said this evening: In 2019 there were 9 unarmed black people killed by the police. In 2019 there were 19 unarmed white people killed by the police.
    So you also feel like there is no systemic racism? Is that what this stat is supposed to support?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #1496
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,235
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So you also feel like there is no systemic racism? Is that what this stat is supposed to support?


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thatís exactly what he means lol

    Do you think he believes those white people were murdered because of racism? (I mean, itís very possible he does lol)? Nah, itís a jazz hands deflection from actual identifiable racism to say A. No problem here, no racism, itís just not true! And B. Actually whites are the true victim.

    Itís a total strawman against the actual claims regarding police brutality and racism present in American power structures law enforcement. Nobody cares that ďhey look guys more white people diedĒ because they didnít die because they were white lol. Once he has to address the undeniable issue of racial motivation and the difference in treatment based on that? Then he has to shuffle his feet and cower and make some eff you libs deflection because heís terrified of having to openly (behind closed doors and in a voting booth is ok) own up to being totally cool with racism and an administration and party that is as well.

    Theyíre empty numbers and presented as some trump card that disproves racial inequality (notice the numbers arenít backed by how the deaths happened, what transpired etcóthereís a reason for that) in America, but he can hide behind them as some deep factual analysis because ďduh er big number > little numberĒ Without having to address anything beyond that. Not to mention racial inequality and police brutality is very present in cases that donít end in death. Thereís a reason he doesnít have those numbers or want to address the fact those canít always be numerically statedóracism isnít something cops just file in a log book when they clock out like ďyep pulled over an n word because he was black todayĒ

    Thereís also a reason heís ok posting without a source when heíd cry about libs making up stuff if anyone else did lol

  12. #1497
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,320
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    That is the problem, it makes no distinction about what is better/worse. It is just coming in and saying "but what about the other side". That is literally what both sides is everytime you bring it up in that fashion like you did. You are excusing one very bad because the other side has done something bad before too. Almost everyone here knows both sides are full of **** but many are also able to not just equalize both sides in full. There can be bad and worse.

    Alright that is fine but you also said moderates/center/right of center is turned off... Well then stop voting for those bad candidates over other dems. The moderates/centrists/right of center dem voters are more of the reason reason she was there against Trump at all so not sure how they are also turned off?

    You are constantly saying but what about the other side, they both do it. I agree it is all broken but that is not a useful approach to bring any change, you need to distinguish what is bad/how/the extents and so on not just keep saying both sides ignoring the full context.
    That requires too much brain power for his tiny mind.

  13. #1498
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    11,872
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So you also feel like there is no systemic racism? Is that what this stat is supposed to support?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe he was just repeating a fact....which doesn't state the race of any of the officers, let alone the situations.

    But, and I'm not remotely singling you out because we've all done it, this is another part of this whole thing....people say one thing, others hear another. Even with simple things; I've combined with a couple people on a garden and yesterday said to one 'that rain we expected might slide north of us' and the response was 'is it my turn to water the garden?' ....I wasn't even talking about the garden, let alone whose turn it was...I just said it might not rain.

    There's a lot of 2 + 2 = 5 going on in this whole situation.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #1499
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    25,589
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    As far as effectiveness his knee was by far the most effective thing he did. Although it pissed off a bunch of white racists, the awareness brought to his cause, and subsequent donations from others to that cause, was more effective than any money donation he himself made.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    awareness from media covering the method and not why? no.

    what about Kaepernick's decision to wear socks depicting police as pigs, while he has done some good donating money, this surely didn't help and was wrong. that didn't lead to anything peaceful.

    don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  15. #1500
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    25,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Yeah they definitely do exist. Have you seen the video or the police conveniently placing bricks around? Something tells me they werenít building a house...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    people should be able to acknowledge and accept there have been people on both sides wrong, that includes police, that includes people rioting and looting.

    don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •