Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 96 of 269 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 4023
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    by how partisan 'we've' become I'm hoping/assuming you mean 'they've' become...as in our elected officials

You know why your guy, despite whatever level of competition for his spot, and other politicians are doing that kind of marketing for tho.....so their marketing dollar also works towards a vote for Biden at the same time
    I actually mean a little of both. We as a country- maybe not necessarily the members of this forum, but I know a lot of people who will vote strictly along party lines. People who I consider educated, and who I have a lot of respect for outside of political views. I also agree about your point about the politicians themselves.

And yes, I know some of that is so they can try to get votes for Biden. But at the same time, Hoyer used to just put up signs on the road and never had mailers. That is how assured of victory he was. Only in the past four years has he resorted to mailings and it's been the same thing.

At the same time people tend to think Dem = Left and Rep = Right when it's not that simple
    Most all of us are at least somewhat 'ambidextrous'....left or right can depend on the individual issue being discussed.

I'm an accountant...on the basic level working with debits and credits. Most would view debits as a negative and credits as a positive, but in accounting they are neither. Debits just go on the left, credits on the right...which is good depends on who's looking and what account it is. It's the same in politics.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Please tell me that you are not insinuating that he is pointing the launcher at that guy and girl.
    Everything’s fine.

Keep enabling.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Everything’s fine.

Keep enabling.
    And exactly how am I enabling?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

We keep electing the people pushing this partisan/attacking/divisiveness is the issue, instead of those focused on overall policy and so on. Clinton/Biden compared to Sanders/Yang/Warren/Pete are pretty drastic individual differences in how they approached things for example I felt and Trump was much different than the 2016 candidates for Republicans (Cruz etc. may have been Clinton/Biden like but Trump is unlike anything I've seen at the position/in his campaigning).

The reason we see other politicians doing it more and more is the level to extremes it is now working at the top. These politicians want to keep up and continue winning their elections and that is how to do it based on the voters.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 06-02-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Explain how I didn't say Kap dontated to Nazi's and the KKK? I didn't say it. I didn't say he donated or didn't donate to anyone. What do you want me to do? Re-quote what you quoted?
    No thanks. I asked you first. You said he "probably also generated donations to opposing positions" with zero reasoning or proof, and I had plenty of reason to mock that statement. Don't spread nonsense if you don't want to be called out on it.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Wow. What a ****ing mess.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Please tell me that you are not insinuating that he is pointing the launcher at that guy and girl.
    He posted a picture with no commentary. Do you have a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    We keep electing the people pushing this partisan/attacking/divisiveness is the issue, instead of those focused on overall policy and so on. Clinton/Biden compared to Sanders/Yang/Warren/Pete are pretty drastic individual differences in how they approached things for example I felt and Trump was much different than the 2016 candidates for Republicans (Cruz etc. may have been Clinton/Biden like but Trump is unlike anything I've seen at the position/in his campaigning).

The reason we see other politicians doing it more and more is the level to extremes it is now working at the top. These politicians want to keep up and continue winning their elections and that is how to do it based on the voters.
    Other than being gay, what is the difference between Pete and Clinton/Biden? He ran his campaign as a white Obama

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    What the **** do you care?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    well the inference is there...at first glance that's exactly what it may look like, a launcher pointed at the man and little girl in the picture as opposed to a target not in the picture (where the officer is actually looking)

the reason to post it otherwise is?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Didn't really think about how other countries/their media are likely covering this but definitely not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Other than being gay, what is the difference between Pete and Clinton/Biden? He ran his campaign as a white Obama
    He actually ran on policy that was different in multiple ways (he is still centrist and different than the other 3 mentioned in that sense but at least did have and distinguish his policy) and got into the differences in debates and so on, does not have the history either of them have which is very important and I actually think you get to it at the end. He was Obama lite, which I would take over Hillary or Biden and all of their issues/baggage/history on an individual level.

If you are saying there is no difference between Obama or Clinton or Biden we disagree. I think Obama is a much more capable thinker/speaker/leader/less divisive and less focused on dividing based on identity (even if his was different) than the others. I do not necessarily agree with his policy and it is more center like Pete but I am distinguishing individual differences and they were not all the same.

I have the other 3 above him as my own preferences but my entire point was just because you don't agree with their policy doesn't mean you can't distinguish the individuals having differences/flaws. He has them but not to those extremes just like Clinton/Biden aren't on the level of Trump.

Everything’s fine.

Keep enabling.
    In Italy protestors are trying to topple the leaning tower.

Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    So you never looked at a white kid and thought, “that kid could shoot up a school?” My point is, every race, person deals with some sort of prejudice. I’m actually watching a movie right now, “White Men Can’t Jump.” Woody Harrelson actually dresses a certain way to look like a “chump” or a “geek.” How is this possible? If being black was the sole characteristic in being judged as “less than” or “criminal”,” that would be racist. But it’s typically not the case. It’s not just about dress, it’s about actions and speak as well.

Last week we were talking about Abery and you said he was right for judging the mcmichaels as dangerous and therefore he reacted. Why? The mcmichaels were prejudice in assuming Abery committed a felony. They were prejudice in assuming he was dangerous. He was prejudice too in assuming they were dangerous. As I said previously, I understand his thought process in coming to that determination. In the case of Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman stated in his call to police that he thought Martin was acting suspicious and shady. There’s nothing to suggest Zimmerman wouldn’t have made the same determination if he were white. Furthermore, I judge white people the same way I judge black people. It’s not just based on race.

I know you think I’m racist because that makes your life easier. If I’m just a racist ****, you don’t have to deal with the fact that there are serious issues within the black community. If it’s all whiteys fault....

Yes, we ALL deal with prejudism, but the prejudism blacks deal with put them at clear disadvantages which have real impacts on their quality of living, such as a parent going to jail and missing their child's childhood years. So this is why people are standing up against this specific prejudism.

I'm Muslim and I obviously face prejudism, but I am.aware it is nowhere near the level of what blacks face. It has nowhere near the same type of negative impact on our lives. I support equality, so I support their cause.

I think you're racist because you keep saying things that suggest so. For example, you compared blacks wearing baggy clothes to nazis with swastika tattoos. Your repetitive comments like this is why I know you're racist. You're not a bad person, I dont think your racism has malicious intent, but you have clearly been programmed by your political party's catch phrases, it's quite obvious.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train