Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 95 of 261 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3913
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I've always been registered Republican, IF I've been registered. I mean, I'm a white Christian of Scandanavian descent born in farm country. I mean MLK was a conservative who may have been a registered Republican...but his views wouldn't align with today's Republican party nor do mine...but they don't align with the Dems either. To me the party system is broken.

But as far as the Republican support of the Donald, it's partly one of those historical 'run with the incumbent' things that's been around forever. I'd thought there would be one that would oppose him, but I think the party's thought must be...live or die with what we got...dunno

And to me, I look back at that one primary day where Biden went from like 5th to being the frontrunner and I think......how the hell does that happen w/o artificial help? Right now he's just sucking up all this anti-Trump stuff while Donald keeps helping add to it.
    My views don't align with either party currently either for what it's worth.

Trump wasn't the incumbent and this is just kinda getting into what I am saying. It doesn't matter how bad/disgusting the individual is the party at this point is ride or die with basically anyone, including someone like Trump. This is going to lead to people making judgement about the group as a whole much more often when the support behind extremes like Trump is so high from a group. Joey is using like 6% to make his judgements but Trump has like 85% support from this party, it is a massive majority supporting him and his antics/rhetoric/actions/division and so on matter given being POTUS/leader with support from overwhelming majority of a party.

You have it exactly right how Biden did it, he has played the moderate option saying Trump/Bernie are extreme I am the middle ground here choose me. He just played the "I am better than the other side" game and it's a winner because of how bad it's gotten. That is part of my issue/point is allowing this from Trump and so on only makes the other sides politicians being bad (like Clinton or Biden) more acceptable. We probably got worse from Clinton and he is expected to win by being hidden/just being the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dont know how they dress, that's why I'm asking you. Can you describe what sort of dress you are referring to when referring to black people who dress like thugs?

No, a few months ago I entered a thread where a black family was being blasted for bringing up that gesture, and I argued that it is understandable that they would do so. Regardless, to your point, yes I am prejudice myself, towards whites, blacks, even other Pakis. What about it?

No, I dont think that ALL black people are accused of being gang bangers, but I do think that being black in of itself is a characteristic people stereotype. Let's take Trayvon Martin, if he were black and in a t shirt he wouldnt be approached, if he were white and in a hoodie he wouldnt be approached. But he was BLACK. And in a HOODIE. The fact that black is on this checklist of suspicion is what I am fighting here.

No, I dont have a stereotype that white people are kkk members, I have a stereotype that white people are racist. Kinda like you. It's a very mild but very real racism.

Hugepatsfan hit it on the head earlier, but yours is a much more dangerous form of racism because of the subtle manner in which it preaches hate. This methodology has been adopted by right wing media system and so to a degree by right wing media followers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    So you never looked at a white kid and thought, “that kid could shoot up a school?” My point is, every race, person deals with some sort of prejudice. I’m actually watching a movie right now, “White Men Can’t Jump.” Woody Harrelson actually dresses a certain way to look like a “chump” or a “geek.” How is this possible? If being black was the sole characteristic in being judged as “less than” or “criminal”,” that would be racist. But it’s typically not the case. It’s not just about dress, it’s about actions and speak as well.

Last week we were talking about Abery and you said he was right for judging the mcmichaels as dangerous and therefore he reacted. Why? The mcmichaels were prejudice in assuming Abery committed a felony. They were prejudice in assuming he was dangerous. He was prejudice too in assuming they were dangerous. As I said previously, I understand his thought process in coming to that determination. In the case of Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman stated in his call to police that he thought Martin was acting suspicious and shady. There’s nothing to suggest Zimmerman wouldn’t have made the same determination if he were white. Furthermore, I judge white people the same way I judge black people. It’s not just based on race.

I know you think I’m racist because that makes your life easier. If I’m just a racist ****, you don’t have to deal with the fact that there are serious issues within the black community. If it’s all whiteys fault....

It's not about overt racism. The US is guilty of subtle racism. Doing racist things and denying it. Refusing to take accountability for little things that are said or done. Preconceived notions that exist. Etc.

Most people aren't overtly racist. You'll see more of that in southern states, though. A real "the south will rise again" Confederate flag mentality that is depressingly widespread.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think it is a mix of both and again his support first jumped up after birthirism so it wasn't there before he started this type of rhetoric even. I agree people on both sides say dumb things, the issue you always have is trying to play both sides when one is clearly far worse and unless you get specific that is what Trump and his rhetoric is at the highest levels. One basket of deplorable comment isn't the same thing from someone who couldn't get enough support to even beat Trump on the other side, it's not comparable to all the ways he divides on a regular basis/rhetoric he uses. I disagree about the center as that is specifically who Clinton/Biden are representing and appealing to, the dems push away the progressives/left like Bernie so you are off base there too (it isn't left vs right, those aren't the sides being represented by dem/rep it is center/right).

Both sides do this but the levels/extremes Trump and Republicans are is insanely different than what we saw under Obama for example. Pretending that it is a both sides issue when Trump is a clear outlier only makes things worse as this becomes more acceptable on the other side. This is how politicians keep lowering the bar and you are playing into it with the both sides game despite context being drastically different.
    Both sides isn't about which side is worse, so I wouldn't say it's a problem. I think it's important that both sides are full of ****. They spread it different ways but both are terrible currently. People on the right think the left is so much worse, people on the left think the right is so much worse. Both are right.

I'm talking about the popular view of left/right. If you ask my mother what is left and what is right she will say red is right and blue is left.

I'm not playing into it, I'm rebelling against it. I'm saying it's ALL wrong. It's ALL broken. I just have no idea how to change it other than in my personal stupid ways in how I choose to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Then explain yourself.
    Explain how I didn't say Kap dontated to Nazi's and the KKK? I didn't say it. I didn't say he donated or didn't donate to anyone. What do you want me to do? Re-quote what you quoted?

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Oh man, I heavily disagree. Based on competence and sociopathy alone, he's the worst president in the history of the US. He's the laughing stock of the world. Reagan hurt the country a hell of a lot more than Clinton did. Trickle down economics, deregulating the economy, etc. Bush pushed the US into a war for drugs and oil.

But all 3 were far more competent than Trump.
    I know we disagree. I'm glad that we can discuss it.

What laws has Trump passed that will have a long lasting effect on the country?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    X2.

America is already on it's way down on the world stage. I think in 40 years when we look back, trump will have been one of the worst presidents ever. His incompetence cost us leverage with china (by getting throughly raped in the china trade wars), cost us leverage with the world (the whole world is wondering how the **** is America this partisan during a health emergency, starting from the president), cost of us trillions of dollars (reacting to the virus on January would have saved us this national shut down, the stimulus packages would have required MUCH less money).

The guy is a complete and utter failure. Yet I would still rather have him win presidency in 2020. That's a testament to the American system, lol.
    Are you saying I want Trump as president in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I know we disagree. I'm glad that we can discuss it.

What laws has Trump passed that will have a long lasting effect on the country?
    Well he has stripped the ACA(which was a step towards universal healthcare), continues to push anti science, push anti education, push anti environment (by putting incompetents in charge).

He made the US a laughingstock. We have been hated for a long time, but at least we weren't a laughingstock lol.

He empowered overt racism across the country.

He has empowered nationalism and encouraged violence countless times.

He isnt competent enough to instill fascist policies he wants to , thankfully for all of us.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 06-02-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Well he has stripped the ACA(which was a step towards universal healthcare), continues to push anti science, push anti education, push anti environment (by putting incompetents in charge).

He made the US a laughingstock. We have been hated for a long time, but at least we weren't a laughingstock lol.

He empowered overt racism across the country.

He isnt competent enough to instill fascist policies he wants to , thankfully for all of us.
    I know he tried to destroy the ACA but I thought he failed. And in my opinion the ACA failed when it got corrupted and the health care industry went from being against it to being all in for it.

But him pushing this or that or making the US a laughingstock, or racists liking him ... that's all short lived and doesn't last beyond him.

"He isn't competent enough" is a good review of him, which was my point. He hasn't made any big changes in our laws.

https://twitter.com/brett_mcgurk/sta...383596032?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Please tell me that you are not insinuating that he is pointing the launcher at that guy and girl.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Both sides isn't about which side is worse, so I wouldn't say it's a problem. I think it's important that both sides are full of ****. They spread it different ways but both are terrible currently. People on the right think the left is so much worse, people on the left think the right is so much worse. Both are right.

I'm talking about the popular view of left/right. If you ask my mother what is left and what is right she will say red is right and blue is left.

I'm not playing into it, I'm rebelling against it. I'm saying it's ALL wrong. It's ALL broken. I just have no idea how to change it other than in my personal stupid ways in how I choose to vote.
    That is the problem, it makes no distinction about what is better/worse. It is just coming in and saying "but what about the other side". That is literally what both sides is everytime you bring it up in that fashion like you did. You are excusing one very bad because the other side has done something bad before too. Almost everyone here knows both sides are full of **** but many are also able to not just equalize both sides in full. There can be bad and worse.

Alright that is fine but you also said moderates/center/right of center is turned off... Well then stop voting for those bad candidates over other dems. The moderates/centrists/right of center dem voters are more of the reason reason she was there against Trump at all so not sure how they are also turned off?

You are constantly saying but what about the other side, they both do it. I agree it is all broken but that is not a useful approach to bring any change, you need to distinguish what is bad/how/the extents and so on not just keep saying both sides ignoring the full context.

I think he's a failure as a President, but I don't think he's nearly as bad as Clinton or Bush 2. I judge Presidents on the laws they add to our lives and Clinton gave us mandatory minimums, 3 strikes laws, and other laws devastating to the poor, and Bush gave us the Patriot Act. Trump has essentially passed nothing.

Had the DNC not forced Hillary down people's throats Trump is never president. And if he wins again Biden is a significant reason.
    Don't forget, in addition to forcing Hillary and now Biden, it's essentially been nothing but anti-Trump. Forget whatever platform, it's anti-Trump.

I live in Steny Hoyer's district. You would think a career politician like him who doesn't have to worry about competition wouldn't need to sink to that level. But nope. Every single ad I've received from him this year in the mail, and it's been a lot surprisingly, has been anti-Trump. Nothing at all on his own record. And a lot of politicians are doing the same right now.

I don't know how we fix it either because of how partisan we've become.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Don't forget, in addition to forcing Hillary and now Biden, it's essentially been nothing but anti-Trump. Forget whatever platform, it's anti-Trump.

I live in Steny Hoyer's district. You would think a career politician like him who doesn't have to worry about competition wouldn't need to sink to that level. But nope. Every single ad I've received from him this year in the mail, and it's been a lot surprisingly, has been anti-Trump. Nothing at all on his own record. And a lot of politicians are doing the same right now.

I don't know how we fix it either because of how partisan we've become.
    by how partisan 'we've' become I'm hoping/assuming you mean 'they've' become...as in our elected officials

You know why your guy, despite whatever level of competition for his spot, and other politicians are doing that kind of marketing for tho.....so their marketing dollar also works towards a vote for Biden at the same time
    gotta love 'referential' treatment