Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 91 of 259 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3883
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Iím staying home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here. I respect these protesters infinitely more than the ones protesting SIP mandates but I can still readily admit that these protestors are also being reckless in terms of public health.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I never said you said all black people. I said the reality is that prejudism against blacks exists. You responded that blacks need to take some responsibility for this.

So I am now asking you if you feel white people should take responsibility for prejudism against them? If I'm prejudice and assume every white person to be racist, your response would be that whites need to take some responsibility for this?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    When did I say blacks need to take responsibility for the action of a small portion of blacks? Itís specifically a certain group of young black males. I think that group needs to take responsibility for their actions. The same way I feel white racists should take responsibility for their actions.

Do you feel white supremacists should stop acting the way they do? I feel like they should stop being dumb ***** and should never sort to violence to try and push their message. I feel the same way about black gang members. I donít feel either race as a whole should take on that responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Heís gonna cite how blacks murder blacks more than whites murder blacks so therefore thereís no basis for the stereotype to disprove lol
    Nice try Nostradamus...

But nothing I'm saying depends on proving or disproving stereotypes, we already know stereotypes exist against blacks. Wether they are proven this way or that way wont change the fact that it exists.

Again, just to be clear, you are against all stereotypes?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    When did I say blacks need to take responsibility for the action of a small portion of blacks? Itís specifically a certain group of young black males. I think that group needs to take responsibility for their actions. The same way I feel white racists should take responsibility for their actions.

Do you feel white supremacists should stop acting the way they do? I feel like they should stop being dumb ***** and should never sort to violence to try and push their message. I feel the same way about black gang members. I donít feel either race as a whole should take on that responsibility.
    I see, earlier you seemed to imply that blacks in general should take some responsibility as earlier you were implying that blacks in general bring prejudism upon themselves based on how they dressed. This post here, I dont disagree with. Especially the last sentence. That is key.

So if you feel a race as a whole shouldnt take on that responsibility, and we know that blacks in general face a harsh prejudism with consequences, then why is it that when they voice that concern rather than listen and supporting this concern, you have some sort of rebuttal to it?

Last edited by nastynice; 06-02-2020 at 03:24 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Again, just to be clear, you are against all stereotypes?
    No I'm not.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

New york is a little different, you guys had a legitimate break out.

In cali we already started the reopen a month ago. The area not phase 2, southern California, is trying to get in a better place than a month ago so they can start opening up. They currently are in a much better place than a month ago, back then the double rate was about every 5 to 6 days. 2 months ago the double rate was 3 days I believe. I dont know what it is today, but hopefully it should be getting better.

I saw videos of people breaking into residences in DC last night. They're still on a stay at home order. I don't think things got that bad in Baltimore- primarily because they swept the city looking for items that were conspicuously placed like bricks and fire accelerant- but they are on a stay at home order still as well.

Many of the surrounding counties between the two are still trying to open as well. I get people are outside and that helps things. I just hope that the people who are out right now are being responsible when they come home and stay away from their high risk family members.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    That's interesting testimony and I know I've felt it at times walking through "rough" neighborhoods. Not just black neighborhoods either, I grew up around some "rough" areas that were mostly white and it was the same thing. You didn't go there alone. You just didn't.

I think we definitely have to distinguish. African Americans are distrustful of white America because of how it has abused and mistreated them for decades. I think any of us that have any empathy should be able to understand that.

There's a fraction of white America that is distrustful of African Americans for no reason other than their own hatred. Other than a few racists in here I think all of agree this is despicable.

But there's definitely a fraction of white America to that holds no internal hatred towards African Americans. They're just aware of all that's been done to them and realize that it's only logical that they could be distrusting towards white people. And in certain situations, i.e. walking through a neighborhood alone, that can make the white people feel uncomfortable. It's just human nature.

I think before we get black America to be trusting white America we need to show real change and progress. We have to show them that they aren't viewed as dangerous or criminals and we don't "have it out for them". But I also acknowledge that if it's perceived that an entire group hates you it's going to be hard to fully eliminate the perception that they're a threat to you.

This all needs a resolution but there's no magic wand to wave and fix it all.
    Yes, I've felt that as well down south as a kid and young adult doing missionary work with my church. Catholics, Methodists and many Protestants are railed against by the many, many baptist churches there. I was specifically in rural Arkansas in two different places. Can't say this compares to what African Americans have gone through though, but it gives me perspective that I can lean on to relate. And don't get me wrong, it's not everyone, and I was only a visitor and didn't get the brunt of it, but I'm friends with the priest who we went to help, and he's gotten it all and then some.

My parents and grandparents were all teachers and did a great job raising me not to see color. My grandfather in the 60's and 70's during all of the protests would do house visits as a school administrator to all homes if someone had behavior issues or struggling in school, it didn't matter the color. He also coached football and had no problem coaching anyone who put in the effort during that time. My grandmother's side of the family owned a fishing and ice company for generations, and they paid a liveable wage to everyone, African American included. Since I'm still in the same community they were in, people still come up to me today and say what an impact he had on them. I didn't pick being a teacher as my career, but I aspire to do the same for our community.

There is no magic wand to fix it, but a start would be to make sure that these kind of things no longer happen and if/when they do, the justice system comes down hard on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I saw videos of people breaking into residences in DC last night. They're still on a stay at home order. I don't think things got that bad in Baltimore- primarily because they swept the city looking for items that were conspicuously placed like bricks and fire accelerant- but they are on a stay at home order still as well.

Many of the surrounding counties between the two are still trying to open as well. I get people are outside and that helps things. I just hope that the people who are out right now are being responsible when they come home and stay away from their high risk family members.
    My guess is that their growth rate numbers are not low enough to feel safe to open. I think with better coordination and earlier prevention protocol this entire process could have gone much quicker, so I'm not saying this in a way to pat our govt on the back.

But at least in California the method of re open makes a lot of sense, the milestones and timelines all seem to make sense.

Remember when the right called Obama a dictator? Well now they actually have one and theyíre lining up to kiss his ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Remember when the right called Obama a dictator? Well now they actually have one and theyíre lining up to kiss his ***.
    Obama wasnít a dictator, just a war criminal.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Same here. I respect these protesters infinitely more than the ones protesting SIP mandates but I can still readily admit that these protestors are also being reckless in terms of public health.
    Iím sure protestors are more aligned with wearing masks and social distancing guidelines than the people who think the virus is a hoax. I could be wrong, though.

I donít like protesting or being in large crowds for that matter so I just donated some money. Might as well considering my unemployment checks have been more than what I was making.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Obama wasnít a dictator, just a war criminal.

lol ok

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Please stop with the generalizations.
    Because some guy said Obama was a dictator is not the same as saying 'the right' said it
    Because some on the right do something doesn't mean ALL on the right believe the same to be true

And nobody, right OR left is lining up to kiss anyone's ***.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment