Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 90 of 259 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3883
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    My point is that we're in the exact same boat as we were a month ago. Things haven't become safer to open up we just delayed it a month.

I'm suburbs outside of NY, not much has changed. People just going crazier.
    New york is a little different, you guys had a legitimate break out.

In cali we already started the reopen a month ago. The area not phase 2, southern California, is trying to get in a better place than a month ago so they can start opening up. They currently are in a much better place than a month ago, back then the double rate was about every 5 to 6 days. 2 months ago the double rate was 3 days I believe. I dont know what it is today, but hopefully it should be getting better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dont know, I know one of the cops here and he is constantly going to the hood and helping resolve issues off the book. He clearly has a very good and trusting relation with lots of people from there.

Of course it helps that he himself is from the hood.

That's a great thing to hear. The "hood" I think are the communities that need the police help and it's a travesty they don't get it. And the worst is that I feel much of law enforcement is just unwilling to help because they don't value those communities.

It's good to hear that the cop you know is willing to go there. And it's good to hear that the community there is trusting him and willing to accept him as someone there to help.

I just don't think all African American-police relationships are so productive as that. We all know they aren't or we wouldn't be talking about these protests. I'm just saying that there's a cycle to things to. The decades and decades of mistreatment by the police leads to anger and distrust from the African American community but that anger and distrust is inevitably going to lead to the police feeling uncomfortable themselves.

And I want to be clear that I'm not saying that justified any sort of brutality. I'm just saying that addressing that uncomfortableness and making it so cops don't feel that way is a part of our solution. But it's a damn hard thing to address.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    How are doctors punished? Doctor malpractice leads to more deaths yearly than police killing.
    They have insurance, and eventually the insurance may get too expensive, may not cover them anymore, or the hospital could decide to fire the doctor after a review inquiry.

EDIT: Bad enough malpractice and they could have a civil or criminal suit if it's truly negligence.

You and I are just as likely to get it in the coming months as we were the last two. Most people think it's been here longer than when our lockdowns started.

Stay safe.
    Well, as more and more people get it, our chances of getting it will probably go up.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

How are doctors punished? Doctor malpractice leads to more deaths yearly than police killing.
    Oh no, they dont **** around in medicine. They'll take your license away. When I was in Chicago around 2011, there was a huge ring got busted, like 7 - 8 doctors all lost their license and did time. They were doing unnecessary surgeries on patients to bankroll.

I'm sure politics plays a role tho. That's always gonna be part of the equation.

Well, as more and more people get it, our chances of getting it will probably go up.

It's almost like we don't have a way to stop it.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    This is a great post, but I want to highlight the bolded. Forget police, if you are an outsider and walk through an inner city African American community, you will be viewed with the same distrust that many white people have of African Americans. I used to take a few of my employees home into those rough neighborhoods, and got plenty of stares in my car as a white guy. That is, until they figured out what I was doing and wasn't a threat. I would stop and talk to one of my employee's grandparents and parents, and that's when everyone started to become more friendly.

These housing projects have housed some of the same families for centuries. I grew up in a rural suburb equidistant from Baltimore and DC, where my grandmother's family has lived since the 1700's. I'm a third generation graduate from the local high school. Our community, which is a pretty affluent one, still has a low income housing area. It's a small waterfront peninsula where many houses will sell for high six figures and low seven figures. It's a microcosm of Annapolis and other areas where African Americans don't have a chance to grow out of it because of the systems that keep them in place.

It's such a shame that this still occurs. This, along with how bad cops hide behind the thin blue line fraternity, is something that needs to change.
    That's interesting testimony and I know I've felt it at times walking through "rough" neighborhoods. Not just black neighborhoods either, I grew up around some "rough" areas that were mostly white and it was the same thing. You didn't go there alone. You just didn't.

I think we definitely have to distinguish. African Americans are distrustful of white America because of how it has abused and mistreated them for decades. I think any of us that have any empathy should be able to understand that.

There's a fraction of white America that is distrustful of African Americans for no reason other than their own hatred. Other than a few racists in here I think all of agree this is despicable.

But there's definitely a fraction of white America to that holds no internal hatred towards African Americans. They're just aware of all that's been done to them and realize that it's only logical that they could be distrusting towards white people. And in certain situations, i.e. walking through a neighborhood alone, that can make the white people feel uncomfortable. It's just human nature.

I think before we get black America to be trusting white America we need to show real change and progress. We have to show them that they aren't viewed as dangerous or criminals and we don't "have it out for them". But I also acknowledge that if it's perceived that an entire group hates you it's going to be hard to fully eliminate the perception that they're a threat to you.

This all needs a resolution but there's no magic wand to wave and fix it all.

You continue to incorporate terminology that implies all _____. Not once have I said all black people. Iím not even inferring all black man. If you think we should treat all young white males in trench coats/black clothes as school shooters, Iím fine with that. IMO, there would probably be less school shootings.

Just to be clear, you are against all stereotypes?
    I never said you said all black people. I said the reality is that prejudism against blacks exists. You responded that blacks need to take some responsibility for this.

So I am now asking you if you feel white people should take responsibility for prejudism against them? If I'm prejudice and assume every white person to be racist, your response would be that whites need to take some responsibility for this?

It's almost like we don't have a way to stop it.
    Well technically if we went full lock down we could.

But assuming that's not a viable option, then yes you're right. We dont have a way to stop it, but we do.have a way to control the spread.

I never said you said all black people. I said the reality is that prejudism against blacks exists. You responded that blacks need to take some responsibility for this.

So I am now asking you if you feel white people should take responsibility for prejudism against them? If I'm prejudice and assume every white person to be racist, your response would be that whites need to take some responsibility for this?

Heís gonna cite how blacks murder blacks more than whites murder blacks so therefore thereís no basis for the stereotype to disprove lol

We weren't stopping the deaths. We have the ability as a society to not have anarchy on the streets, lol.
    ....but we were slowing the deaths, which was the goal.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Heís gonna cite how blacks murder blacks more than whites murder blacks so therefore thereís no basis for the stereotype to disprove lol
    But nothing I'm saying depends on proving or disproving stereotypes, we already know stereotypes exist against blacks. Wether they are proven this way or that way wont change the fact that it exists.

Oh no, they dont **** around in medicine. They'll take your license away. When I was in Chicago around 2011, there was a huge ring got busted, like 7 - 8 doctors all lost their license and did time. They were doing unnecessary surgeries on patients to bankroll.

I'm sure politics plays a role tho. That's always gonna be part of the equation.

Doctors are just like police. They sort of protect and serve or at least they are suppose to. There are bad doctors. There are doctors who make deadly mistakes. We should treat police the same.

Doctors are just like police. They sort of protect and serve or at least they are suppose to. There are bad doctors. There are doctors who make deadly mistakes. We should treat police the same.
    Yes, docs will cover up for others, for sure.

But if there is video of straight up murder, like oscar grant from Oakland, doctors ain't getting away with ****. I dont know how cops do it.

Just imagine being so oblivious and tone-deaf to not understand why even in COVID 19 you had to let people get out and protest this. Just imagine being that thick headed to where you canít grasp that.