Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 86 of 269 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 4032
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    While yes, white people should not continue to think of young black males as thugs/criminals, the young black males who are thugs/criminals need to stop acting as such.
    I see. So if someone goes around pointing out all white people as mass shooters, in your mind part of the solution is white people need to stop mass shootings? This is what you would tell the thousands of innocent white people.having cops called on them.for looking like a mass shooter?

So, based on your logic, you would accept someone prejudging all whites as such..?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Here is the question, I've asked it before but didn't see an answer.

We need to stop the riots/looting. The government will get sued for doing nothing.

What CAN be done that will not result in bad PR and will stop the riots/looting?

Turning off cell phones for 12 hours won't stop them, but if the police are having trouble responding because the rioters are coordinating and moving based on data from their phones, then localized interruption of service could have a positive effect on the ability of the police to quell the riot.

What other ideas are there?

I can't think of anything governments can do today to stop a riot/looting in progress that would not be criticized.
    Sign Colin Keapernik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    It's definitely a human reaction. You can't ignore context and pretend this just came out of the blue. It's gotta be handled though. We can't just let buildings burn and people get attacked.
    Agreed. If I were a police chief I would shut them down immediately. I'd be like start buckin leg shots at any crowd looting.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    wait....you can't equate his peaceful protests with these and say peaceful protests won't bring change....his didn't generate thousands to come out in every state...and I'm hoping you're not thinking the violent extras are beneficial to the cause
    No im.saying that the peaceful.route has been tried numerous times. It doesn't work. Period. We already know this. I dont support rioting, but it was bound to happen. I rather the system stop.operating in a racist manner with no protests and no riots but that obviously not gonna happen. So here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Do you think all school shooters “look” the same? They certainly look, dress and act similar. If you saw a white kid, acting like a potential school shooter, would you not call the cops? Let’s say there’s a weird looking dude in a van hanging out at the local elementary school. Would this not concern you?

Obviously, these are unique circumstances but it doesn’t mean you didn’t prejudge those individuals. Also, you continue to conflate the ideas of prejudice and racism. You are acting as if young black males in the suburbs get treated like criminals. If they do, that’s racism. Again, I’m not saying the good inner city young black males need to dress differently. I’m saying the bad ones need to stop killing each other. There are bad elements in every community. There’s nothing racist about pointing out the bad elements of the black community.
    I blame the murders for the murder. I blame the bigots for the prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Here is the question, I've asked it before but didn't see an answer.

We need to stop the riots/looting. The government will get sued for doing nothing.

What CAN be done that will not result in bad PR and will stop the riots/looting?

Turning off cell phones for 12 hours won't stop them, but if the police are having trouble responding because the rioters are coordinating and moving based on data from their phones, then localized interruption of service could have a positive effect on the ability of the police to quell the riot.

What other ideas are there?

I can't think of anything governments can do today to stop a riot/looting in progress that would not be criticized.
    Joking aside. Messaging matters but a strong police presence is also needed and sometimes they will make mistakes. Sometimes there will ones who take advantage of the situation to live out violent fantasies. It a very tough spot for law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Joking aside. Messaging matters but a strong police presence is also needed and sometimes they will make mistakes. Sometimes there will ones who take advantage of the situation to live out violent fantasies. It a very tough spot for law enforcement.

I absolutely believe that's what this was. He wanted to live out his violent fantasy. Psychopaths are in every profession, including law enforcement. There have been nurses who have killed patients with no provocation and no remorse. Just because they were sick individuals.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No im.saying that the peaceful.route has been tried numerous times. It doesn't work. Period. We already know this. I dont support rioting, but it was bound to happen. I rather the system stop.operating in a racist manner with no protests and no riots but that obviously not gonna happen. So here we are.

so you're thinking had this past week's protests NOT resulted in the rioting and looting as well, they wouldn't be getting enough attention to result in action? I don't know about that

but you're right, here we are....as with the rest of life, we can't go backwards, only make adjustments in our forward progress
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I absolutely believe that's what this was. He wanted to live out his violent fantasy. Psychopaths are in every profession, including law enforcement. There have been nurses who have killed patients with no provocation and no remorse. Just because they were sick individuals.
    I think its more common then people think. I was in a fight club in college, joined a fight gym in my 30s. Violence can be fun. I never linked it to my identity but I get the rush. I think a lot more people then anyone likes to admit are draw to violence and link it in some way to who they are and who they aren’t.

Positions of authority are naturally going to have higher rates of psychopaths and sociopaths.

Same with the super wealthy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

No, this is what you said

Yes, meaning young black males should make an effort to not fit the stereotype of violent criminals. I can see how you could misinterpret that post alone but I’ve stated this several times.

Putting it only on white people to stop being prejudice will not work. That’s only part of the equation.

I blame the murders for the murder. I blame the bigots for the prejudice

Of course you blame the murderers for murder. The stereotype in partially to blame on them as well.

I see. So if someone goes around pointing out all white people as mass shooters, in your mind part of the solution is white people need to stop mass shootings? This is what you would tell the thousands of innocent white people.having cops called on them.for looking like a mass shooter?

So, based on your logic, you would accept someone prejudging all whites as such..?

You don’t think white kids who dresses in long trench coats/black clothes who acted anti-social didn’t get prejudged after the Columbine school shooting?

After the Columbine school shooting they halted the release of the Matrix movie because Neo and company wear long trench coats.

My brother-in-law was a black clothes/trench coat wearer, he literally got called a “school shooter” every day in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    This is an extremely narrow minded view and absolutely part of the problem.
    Elaborate.

What do you disagree about?
    HELLO

I think its more common then people think. I was in a fight club in college, joined a fight gym in my 30s. Violence can be fun. I never linked it to my identity but I get the rush. I think a lot more people then anyone likes to admit are draw to violence and link it in some way to who they are and who they aren’t.

Way to break the first rule of fight club