Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 261 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3905
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Well in the conversation of institutionalized racism against blacks, we ALL should have an understanding of blacks viewpoint. Any other race's viewpoint is moot, it makes no difference. The institutionalized racism is against blacks, THAT is the injustice, THEY are the ones who face it, so it is their perspective which should be understood. Not yours or mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I understand this situation directly involves blacks, but we also can't truly move forward saying other viewpoints don't matter. There are more Latinos than blacks in the US, and they've had their own history. this is another aspect of my saying we need to understand other viewpoints.

just heard Floyd's brother say something, 'if George's family isn't rioting, why are your
    his family is highly disappointed it's going on....im guessing most blacks are disappointed the rioting is going on. The rioting (and understand I am NOT talking protests) is only further dividing us.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yup, this is at the core of the issue here. If an entire society thinks black people tend towards crime, then that society will treat black people as tho they tend towards crime, meaning these people now as a whole live within a society looking at them as and treating them as if they personally tend toward crime.

Make sense?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. Systemic racism at its finest. Racism leads to less economic opportunities. Endless cycle. Even when you have a shining example at exemplary black success - President Obama, he was vilified by the Right and Far Right as an unAmerican infiltrator (code for put that black man back in his place). I am white and of privilege by birth. No black man in America is afforded the same birthright because of systemic racism as exemplified by many of you racist imbeciles on this forum.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Assuming that African Americans aren’t violent murderers is racist. It doesn’t help the black community. Black males, in general, make up 6% of the US population. 6% of the population is responsible for over half the murders in the US. The victims of the majority of those murders are black people. Not understanding or admitting that there’s an issue within the black community is a huge problem. We, as a society, will need to take drastic steps to fixing those issues, but first we must all admit that there’s a problem.
    And why can't dealing with poverty and systemic racism be the main thrust solution to fixing those issues?

Oh wait I know... Because it makes white people feel bad. ****.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

At this point, it seems there are 3 things that have to happen NOW...not the end game, but now

1.) Figure out WHO is inciting the violence and looting
    2.) Remind all police officers THEIR use of force is under an extreme microscope
    3.) Muzzle Trump

Meanwhile, Trump cowers in his bunker. Just like Hitler did before his demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Meanwhile, Trump cowers in his bunker. Just like Hitler did before his demise.
    not remotely defending him but....wouldn't you?
    (hoping his Verizon coverage doesn't reach down there so he can't tweet)

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    When is Trump going to head down to the protests and put his world class negotiation skills on display? No problem negotiating with North Korea and the Taliban. Should be able to easily negotiate with Americans.
    with people that hate him and want him dead, like the people rioting at the White House, for some reason.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Ok then don't say you support peaceful protesting then. You support the ones you deem acceptable. Ones that don't personally bother you. Since you totally have the right to tell black people where when and how they can peacefully protest. You make the rules after all!

Can you name a modern protest against police brutality you have supported?
    you mean the protesting going on right now.

there were many people on both political sides, both black and white that had an issue with that Kaepernick choice of protest.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I see you don't understand what "condoned" means.
    I was thinking of the word condemned.

which BTW Trump said about white nationalists and neo Nazis.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    He's been this way for years. No reason to expect him to ever change.
    Not mentioning cops acting like civil servants (ie literally doing their job)is not the same as ignoring cops acting like thugs (ie literally doing things they should be prosecuted for). Again, stop being so dense.
    ManRam only pays attention to whatever fits a narrative/agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    a narrative that police in general are bad is false and wrong. compared to how many police there are in America, it is a small minority that are bad. of course they should be identified and held accountable, but if the agenda is look all police are bad then that is not accurate.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Brewers 100% cares more about buildings than most actual people. Not sure if he knows that you can rebuild buildings but can't bring dead people back?
    how about not burning a building in the first place, cause you know burning the building does nothing at all to help those that have died, racism, or racial injustice.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if/when police are acting wrong against protesters then they should be held accountable.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ssive-force-in

Atlanta mayor says 2 police officers fired over excessive force in protest incident

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    At this point, it seems there are 3 things that have to happen NOW...not the end game, but now

1.) Figure out WHO is inciting the violence and looting
    2.) Remind all police officers THEIR use of force is under an extreme microscope
    3.) Muzzle Trump
    1. Probably not possible.
    2. That should be obvious.
    3. Certainly not possible.

A friend of one of my family members in MSP left a war torn country in Africa for a new start in the US.....they'd worked very hard to get to the point they had their own small business, and were still trying to get to solid ground when COVID happened and they had to shut down. Many of you may not be aware that during this whole time since the stimulus bill, many unemployed have not just gotten paid, but sometimes more than they were earning...but self-employed were among the last to be able to get applications in and quite often have STILL not gotten a dime. Well that was true of this person...no income, no unemployment......then Saturday night her place was amongst those damaged and looted. With no income her insurance had lapsed, so she is now in worse financial shape than when she arrived in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    1. Probably not possible.
    2. That should be obvious.
    3. Certainly not possible.
    You would think it would be obvious. But the police know they can avoid accountability and don't fear the microscope because they are impervious to public pressure. Every once in a while one of their members is sacrificed to protect the greater whole. Just look at this one incident. The three people who helped him kill that man by not doing anything appear to be going to get off scottfree.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!