Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 84 of 262 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3922
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Don't shoot paint/rubber/mace at peaceful protesters or use vehicles to move them either. Don't shoot at people on their porches. Don't go into medical tents firing or arrest medics helping overly aggressive. Don't murder another civilian. Have body cameras on.

I mean how many common sense things need to be pointed out before we admit this is a serious problem with over the top police enforcement in this country going to extreme/violent measures far too often and seemingly indiscriminately at times as innocent's are getting attacked plenty. I agree looting and starting fires for sure is too but I am not sure I see a ton of people condoning that or saying we should make that legal while many keep defending bad justice system/policing for decades now.

You tell them to respond while understanding all the pain/issues and not to incite more with over the top enforcement/violence sometimes leading to innocent death in response to protests about over the top enforcement/violence sometimes leading to innocent death.
    Or the rioters could just go home when told to do so.

You did a great job with all the "don'ts" but you didn't mention any of the "do's."

What should the police "do" after hours of this crap. Hours of being spit on, insulted, rocked, bottled, fireworks etc. What should the police do????

And as far as " understanding all the pain/issues," believe meÖever human in the US fully understands all the pain/issues. I'm sure the elderly woman in Rochester is aware.

Everyone gets it.

Everyone fully believes the Minny cop was totally wrong, is guilty, and will go to jail for 20 years or more. (Prob not get the death penalty if it exists in MN)

Everyone is on the same page.

So what do we do now to end this mess???

"With great power comes great responsibility"

What cops need to realize is that their jobs are to be better than the average person. If you stand in my face for hours and tell me that I'm a piece of **** and that you hope my family dies then I'm going to snap and punch you in the face. I get that these protests can feel to cops like people are doing that. I understand human reaction and emotion. But it's not an excuse to fire rubber bullets or physically manhandle people or spray them with pepper spray. It's your job to be the cooler head in that situation. If you can't handle that, you don't belong in that post.

"Well if he didn't resist arrest the cop wouldn't have shot him."

"If he didn't commit a crime he wouldn't be in the back of the police car where he was left to die."

"If she treated the cop with respect the cop wouldn't have reacted like that."

I don't ****ing care what "he" or "she" did. A cop's job isn't to go around handing out physical punishment. A cop's job is to defuse situations and keep people safe. The goal of a cop in any situation should be that no one gets hurt. If there is no threat of severe harm to anyone then a cop should never react with violence. That should be a last resort for them in any situation.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Louisville Mayor fired his chief of police. Good start. We need much stricter rules about turning off body cams. Severe ones. But firing him is a good and tiny start towards accountability in that regard. At least in one city.
    I liked the idea I threw out earlierÖÖ

Have a federal employee assigned to every PD in the US that reports on a federal level (not local level) whose sole purpose is to review local procedures and advise on them. Review arrests, review cam videos, review complaints etc. He/she would be fully trained by a federal program and they would all look at issues the same way.

It's more federal bureaucracy, which I do not like, but I can see a use for it. It would help to get all PDs on the same wavelength.

Also federal training on community relations for every new police officer after local academy training and also send veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I think the ones who are bull******* are the ones in denial about the violence in the black community/inner cities. Again, itís black people being killed/harmed? Do you not have an issue with this? Do you think itís cool that young kids walk to school in fear of gang violence? Or worse when they get so accustomed to it that it seems natural?

Also, as I said in a previous post, Iím not saying black kids should dress differently. Iím saying the criminals need to stop killing each other. How exactly is that racist? Wanting black people to not die is racist? Do you hear yourself? I think it would be racist to just accept the black community as is.
    This is what I said earlier about how toxic people like you are. Black on black crime is a problem. The high crime rates in black communities is a problem. But you strip any productive context out of that discussion and frame it in a way to justify prejudice and racism. And because there are legitimate points buried in your hatred there are impressionable people who fall for your bull **** which is what allows racism to continue.

It's very easy for the vast majority of the world to denounce the KKK. But people like you have have a much more refined way of changing how people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

You did a great job with all the "don'ts" but you didn't mention any of the "do's."

What should the police "do" after hours of this crap. Hours of being spit on, insulted, rocked, bottled, fireworks etc. What should the police do????

And as far as " understanding all the pain/issues," believe meÖever human in the US fully understands all the pain/issues. I'm sure the elderly woman in Rochester is aware.

Everyone gets it.

Everyone fully believes the Minny cop was totally wrong, is guilty, and will go to jail for 20 years or more. (Prob not get the death penalty if it exists in MN)

I'd presume a vote on this within the confines of PSD would be 50/50 at absolute best (and more like 70/30 not in your favor). So, no....everyone is not on the same page there. Cops always get off light in cases like this.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I don't think the main issue here is merely stopping the protests, for starters.
    I mean, I'm with you about systematic issues needing to be fixed. But some resolution to end these riots I think has to be the most immediate. We can't have this going on until we "fix" racism. Both you and I know that's not something we're going to do in our lifetimes even with the best efforts.

I think the ones who are bull******* are the ones in denial about the violence in the black community/inner cities. Again, itís black people being killed/harmed? Do you not have an issue with this? Do you think itís cool that young kids walk to school in fear of gang violence? Or worse when they get so accustomed to it that it seems natural?

Also, as I said in a previous post, Iím not saying black kids should dress differently. Iím saying the criminals need to stop killing each other. How exactly is that racist? Wanting black people to not die is racist? Do you hear yourself? I think it would be racist to just accept the black community as is.
    Redlining has caused inner cities to be poor/minority . Do you know what redlining is? This is a cycle that will never go away until the systemic issues are addressed. Once those are, then these things can be fixed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Assuming that African Americans arenít violent murderers is racist. It doesnít help the black community. Black males, in general, make up 6% of the US population. 6% of the population is responsible for over half the murders in the US. The victims of the majority of those murders are black people. Not understanding or admitting that thereís an issue within the black community is a huge problem. We, as a society, will need to take drastic steps to fixing those issues, but first we must all admit that thereís a problem.
    No, an even smaller than 6% of the population make up over half of the murders in the US. Because black males make up that 6% you're referencing and NOT 100% OF BLACK MALES ARE MURDERERS. But you feel comfortable just calling it 6% because you see no need to distinguish between black people who are murders and black people who are not. Because you're a racist and think that blackness is a quality that leads to those murders.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    You really seem hung up on this "old man" stuff. Any counselors you can speak top at what ever institution you hold forth at. (and I think one of your fellow posters, also an "educator," may be up there in age. But I guess he agrees with you. So that's OK.)

More to the pointÖÖ

boldedÖmuch of this was addressed in the War on Poverty. That's the legislation that has been going on for 50 years to the tune of $20 trillion (that's trillion with a "T"). and things are worse than ever.

As far as the old manÖI've seen all this before. Detroit, Harlem, Newark, Watts. But it is much different now. No where near like it was back then. The video is much better. Crystal clear, full color. Back then it was all BW and grainy. It's much better now. Other than that Ö not much has changed. And that's after $20 trillion (that's trillion with a "T").
    If it was adressed with johnson's program why is there still poverty?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes you did say black kids should dress different, you said numerous times they dress like criminals when the reality is they are just dressing how people dress in black culture. You said because of how they dress it justifies the prejudism they face.

Yes I agree there is crime in black communities and that they should stop killing each other, the difference is I'm not using this as a reason to justify why it's acceptable to prejudge blacks the way we do. You are. And if you are pre judging someone for being black (amongst other things) then you are being racist. We are all guilty of it, this isnt some kinda shot at you. It is however a shot at your horrible argument.

If I saw white people with large coats going on mass shooting rampages, and I then treat every white person with a large coat as a mass shooter and call the cops on them, or search them myself, is this racist?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Do you think all school shooters ďlookĒ the same? They certainly look, dress and act similar. If you saw a white kid, acting like a potential school shooter, would you not call the cops? Letís say thereís a weird looking dude in a van hanging out at the local elementary school. Would this not concern you?

Obviously, these are unique circumstances but it doesnít mean you didnít prejudge those individuals. Also, you continue to conflate the ideas of prejudice and racism. You are acting as if young black males in the suburbs get treated like criminals. If they do, thatís racism. Again, Iím not saying the good inner city young black males need to dress differently. Iím saying the bad ones need to stop killing each other. There are bad elements in every community. Thereís nothing racist about pointing out the bad elements of the black community.

Everyone gets it.

You are allowed to peacefully protest and I would say that the looters/rioters/burning buildings is at times done by those looking to hurt the message. We need to be able to separate those going to the extremes and those not.

I would have them do their job, which includes not doing all of the NOT's I mentioned. The issue is the police have done all of those not's but you won't ever hold them accountable for it while trying to hold peaceful protesters accountable for those going to extremes. They should arrest those breaking the law and allow the peaceful ones to continue without crossing line after line after line pushing violence/extremes/chaos and so on much further with their own actions by doing those not's and many more issues.

No, I definitely would say posters like yourself/Joey and others regularly show how many people clearly don't get it. I shared it in a different thread but a Mississippi Mayor defended the cops.
    https://www.insider.com/mississippi-...-resign-2020-5

They should do their job without going to all the extremes mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    No, an even smaller than 6% of the population make up over half of the murders in the US. Because black males make up that 6% you're referencing and NOT 100% OF BLACK MALES ARE MURDERERS. But you feel comfortable just calling it 6% because you see no need to distinguish between black people who are murders and black people who are not. Because you're a racist and think that blackness is a quality that leads to those murders.
    Iíve stated several times that itís a small portion of black males. I may have misspoke in that post but Iíve specified this several times. Please spear me your liberal white guilt.

Are you comfortable that young black males are killing each other at such high rates? You shouldnít be.

I think we have to get away from saying that riots and destruction "hurt the message". The message is the message and it's a good one. Any riots or destruction should be condemned by anyone with a shred of decency or common sense, that's obvious. But even if someone chooses to spread the message of anti-racism by doing that, the message itself is still good and wholesome irregardless of that person's actions.

This is one of the most chilling speeches a president has ever given my god.

I was gonna just pop in an say "hey, remember when the right wingers here told us it was bad to support punching Nazis and are now foaming at the mouths over the idea of protesters getting mowed down"?

Hmm.....
    HELLO