Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 83 of 262 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3922
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sluggoís got life alert. Weíre good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    hey, that's my Facebook profile photo!

nah, I hate Facebook, and I wear my watch on my left wrist........

....and that ain't me..I'm old, but not THAT old...I've fallen but I CAN get up
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Yes, really.

My ideas? You certainly haven't presented any of your own ideas (as you have so readily admitted); you're simply parroting FOX News. This **** is well above my pay grade. The only things I could begin to suggest would be for the police to solely target those that are looting and completely leave those protesting alone. The real solution would be to get at what is causing the rioting though, not trying to put a band-aid on the rioting with idiotic ideas like cutting cell phone service.
    Go back and read post #1146 in this thread.

30 plus lines og original ideas. And at least I came up wit a few thoughts.

Yo don't know what you are talking about.

What do I do now???

Look for picture of a "dude" on a skateboard with his hat on backwards just so I can get back at you??

I think I'll pass on that one.

You come across as a complete idiot and I can only wonder what your job interviews must be like. Try to tape one and put it on Youtube.

Can't you just put me on ignore or something. Might be easier.

And I don't think you ever posted any of you ideas as to how to stop the rioting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Go back and read post #1146 in this thread.

30 plus lines og original ideas. And at least I came up wit a few thoughts.

Yo don't know what you are talking about.
    No thanks. Reading your posts once is more than enough. If I recall correctly, your idea was basically to let grand master Trump, the inspiring and eloquent public speaker, bring the country together with a speech about moving forward in unity and somehow negotiating a solution for this situation that no one else in the history of this country has been able to fix.

What do I do now???

Look for picture of a "dude" on a skateboard with his hat on backwards just so I can get back at you??

I think I'll pass on that one.

You come across as a complete idiot and I can only wonder what your job interviews must be like. Try to tape one and put it on Youtube.

Can't you just put me on ignore or something. Might be easier.

And I don't think you ever posted any of you ideas as to how to stop the rioting.
    I can see I've upset you....shucks. I can also, once again, see that your reading comprehension is severely lacking. You actually just responded to a post where I said that figuring out a fix for this situation is above my pay grade (but then went on to provide some loose ideas anyways). Either way about it, I don't need to have all the answers to point out that cutting cell service is a stupid and counter-productive idea.

Also, I consider being called a complete idiot by someone like you to be a badge of honor, Mr. Super Respectable and Totally Not Racist Business Man.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Where did I say treat ALL blacks as criminals? Itís not all blacks that have this stereotype. Itís specifically young black males who look, act, dress a particular way. To use Ewingís metaphor. No one treats Steve Urkel like heís a gang banger. Carlton from Fresh Prince typically isnít treated that way either. And if they are, thatís racism.

The problem in this country is that we mistake prejudice for racism. Everyone is/can be prejudice or be pre-judged. Itís mostly insignificant. Racism is beyond prejudice. Racism would be assuming a 40 y/o black man living in the suburbs is criminal. We are talking about a small portion of young black males.
    These young black people are acting, dressing, and talking like they do in black culture. You are telling them they should dress differently because it makes them look like criminals. It doesnt make them look like criminals, only in the eyes of a racist who has seen black criminals who grew up in the same culture and now calling that black culture criminal culture.

I feel like you know exactly what I'm saying and you're just bull ****tin at this point. Stop bull ****tin.

When you described your perspective on this situation to me, you seemed to have pretty clearly described racism.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

No thanks. Reading your posts once is more than enough. If I recall correctly, your idea was basically to let grand master Trump, the inspiring and eloquent public speaker, bring the country together with a speech about moving forward in unity and somehow negotiating a solution for this situation that no one else in the history of this country has been able to fix.

I can see I've upset you....shucks. I can also, once again, see that your reading comprehension is severely lacking. You actually just responded to a post where I said that figuring out a fix for this situation is above my pay grade (but then went on to provide some loose ideas anyways). Either way about it, I don't need to have all the answers to point out that cutting cell service is a stupid and counter-productive idea.

Also, I consider being called a complete idiot by someone like you to be a badge of honor, Mr. Super Respectable and Totally Not Racist Business Man.
    Just deliver the pizza.

It's getting cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Here is the question, I've asked it before but didn't see an answer.

We need to stop the riots/looting. The government will get sued for doing nothing.

What CAN be done that will not result in bad PR and will stop the riots/looting?

Turning off cell phones for 12 hours won't stop them, but if the police are having trouble responding because the rioters are coordinating and moving based on data from their phones, then localized interruption of service could have a positive effect on the ability of the police to quell the riot.

What other ideas are there?

I can't think of anything governments can do today to stop a riot/looting in progress that would not be criticized.
    They could stop killing innocent people, for starters.

And we could stop giving police departments boundless supplies of weapons of war. Stop using chemical weapons that are illegal in actual war. Stop letting cops live out their Fallujah cosplay fantasies.

Hell, Trump doing anything of any sort of use...promoting any sort of message people need to help, wouldn't be a bad idea

I'm in no mood to let this useless administration, mayors beholden to police unions and decades of failed bipartisan leadership off the hook. Sue their *****. They deserve it. This is a deep and foundational failure and a quick bailout or bandaid is nothing.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    These young black people are acting, dressing, and talking like they do in black culture. You are telling them they should dress differently because it makes them look like criminals. It doesnt make them look like criminals, only in the eyes of a racist who has seen black criminals who grew up in the same culture and now calling that black culture criminal culture.

I feel like you know exactly what I'm saying and you're just bull ****tin at this point. Stop bull ****tin.

When you described your perspective on this situation to me, you seemed to have pretty clearly described racism.

I think the ones who are bull******* are the ones in denial about the violence in the black community/inner cities. Again, itís black people being killed/harmed? Do you not have an issue with this? Do you think itís cool that young kids walk to school in fear of gang violence? Or worse when they get so accustomed to it that it seems natural?

Also, as I said in a previous post, Iím not saying black kids should dress differently. Iím saying the criminals need to stop killing each other. How exactly is that racist? Wanting black people to not die is racist? Do you hear yourself? I think it would be racist to just accept the black community as is.

Louisville Mayor fired his chief of police. Good start. We need much stricter rules about turning off body cams. Severe ones. But firing him is a good and tiny start towards accountability in that regard. At least in one city.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    They could stop killing innocent people, for starters.

And we could stop giving police departments boundless supplies of weapons of war. Stop using chemical weapons that are illegal in actual war. Stop letting cops live out their Fallujah cosplay fantasies.

Hell, Trump doing anything of any sort of use...promoting any sort of message people need to help, wouldn't be a bad idea

I'm in no mood to let this useless administration, mayors beholden to police unions and decades of failed bipartisan leadership off the hook. Sue their *****. They deserve it. This is a deep and foundational failure and a quick bailout or bandaid is nothing.
    none of which actually answers the question asked......you're in charge, you want the riots and looting to stop not next year, next month, or even next week.....you want them to stop now......what do you do?

Yes, we know why this started now. We've also seen this past week some police officers overstepping 'keeping the peace' by a long shot. But what DO you tell them to do when the bricks start going thru windows and the fires start...or better yet before they get a chance to use those bricks or start those fires. THOSE are the answers needed TODAY.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I think the ones who are bull******* are the ones in denial about the violence in the black community/inner cities. Again, itís black people being killed/harmed? Do you not have an issue with this? Do you think itís cool that young kids walk to school in fear of gang violence? Or worse when they get so accustomed to it that it seems natural?

Also, as I said in a previous post, Iím not saying black kids should dress differently. Iím saying the criminals need to stop killing each other. How exactly is that racist? Wanting black people to not die is racist? Do you hear yourself? I think it would be racist to just accept the black community as is.
    Yes you did say black kids should dress different, you said numerous times they dress like criminals when the reality is they are just dressing how people dress in black culture. You said because of how they dress it justifies the prejudism they face.

Yes I agree there is crime in black communities and that they should stop killing each other, the difference is I'm not using this as a reason to justify why it's acceptable to prejudge blacks the way we do. You are. And if you are pre judging someone for being black (amongst other things) then you are being racist. We are all guilty of it, this isnt some kinda shot at you. It is however a shot at your horrible argument.

If I saw white people with large coats going on mass shooting rampages, and I then treat every white person with a large coat as a mass shooter and call the cops on them, or search them myself, is this racist?

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Just deliver the pizza.

It's getting cold.
    That the best you got, boy?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    none of which actually answers the question asked......you're in charge, you want the riots and looting to stop not next year, next month, or even next week.....you want them to stop now......what do you do?

Yes, we know why this started now. We've also seen this past week some police officers overstepping 'keeping the peace' by a long shot. But what DO you tell them to do when the bricks start going thru windows and the fires start...or better yet before they get a chance to use those bricks or start those fires. THOSE are the answers needed TODAY.
    Don't shoot paint/rubber/mace at peaceful protesters or use vehicles to move them either. Don't shoot at people on their porches. Don't go into medical tents firing or arrest medics helping overly aggressive. Don't murder another civilian. Have body cameras on.

I mean how many common sense things need to be pointed out before we admit this is a serious problem with over the top police enforcement in this country going to extreme/violent measures far too often and seemingly indiscriminately at times as innocent's are getting attacked plenty. I agree looting and starting fires for sure is too but I am not sure I see a ton of people condoning that or saying we should make that legal while many keep defending bad justice system/policing for decades now.

You tell them to respond while understanding all the pain/issues and not to incite more with over the top enforcement/violence sometimes leading to innocent death in response to protests about over the top enforcement/violence sometimes leading to innocent death.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

I don't think the main issue here is merely stopping the protests, for starters.
    HELLO