Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3892
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That would probably further crush the economy tho. It would stranglehold any legitimate business phone calls in the area.
    You think riots and looting is better for the economy than working cell phones for 30 minutes or an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Your response sounds astonishingly dumb.

To re-iterate my last response………

They would be inconvenienced for about 10-12 hours.

Seems like a small price to pay to help quell the situation.

I think you need to do anything to slow this down. Anything. Think outside the box. Next up comes shooting. Why not try this first??

Before cell phones, there were times during which telephone service was interrupted. Like an electric outage after a storm, you live with things in an emergency situation.

And I'm not sure, but there may be a way to allow 911 calls thru.

And yes, it would affect the looters. They are passing a lot of info to each other.

I really can't believe you don't see the point. It is pretty simple and has no cost.
    10-12 hours is an extremely long time. It absolutely has a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Your ignorance is showing more and more.

Saying black people should stop killing each other if they dont want to be approached in a prejudice manner regarding their skin is a racist stance, yes, is this really up for debate? Why is it racist? The same reason if someone treated all whites as a rapist based on them knowing another white person who is a rapist. To me, that is racist.

If I told you I know a white person who is a rapist so I now treat all white people as rapists, and it is up to white people to change that stereotype if they dont want to be treated as such, you would tell me this is not racist?

White people like YOU are the problem. You are just as much a product of insitituonalized racism as them, except you are on the other side. I'm not saying you personally are the problem, but there are many whites like you with this extreme ignorant. What you said is flat out racist. Until people like you (many of whom are in high political positions) are able to acknowledge this, this debate will continue and so will the unrest.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Where did I say treat ALL blacks as criminals? It’s not all blacks that have this stereotype. It’s specifically young black males who look, act, dress a particular way. To use Ewing’s metaphor. No one treats Steve Urkel like he’s a gang banger. Carlton from Fresh Prince typically isn’t treated that way either. And if they are, that’s racism.

The problem in this country is that we mistake prejudice for racism. Everyone is/can be prejudice or be pre-judged. It’s mostly insignificant. Racism is beyond prejudice. Racism would be assuming a 40 y/o black man living in the suburbs is criminal. We are talking about a small portion of young black males.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    I guess you missed the part where I mentioned "interruption in service."

During an "interruption in service" land lines would not have worked.

And while you're so worried about services not being available without cell phones…how about every night for the last 5 days when streets were closed and the police are occupied. How much of emergency services are getting thru???

Embarrassing myself on this??? Hardly..

Old man??? Absolutely.

Quick observation………there have been many comments about about my age and waiting / wanting the baby boomers to die off. You implied that yourself. Some have mentioned that are waiting for me to die. (I am complying.)

But every night for the last 5-6 days, I am watching all the protests, destruction, fires etc. and all I see are millennials. Hmmmm

I've seen a few next day videos of a lot of older and middle age people sweeping up the carnage. Hmmmmm

And you want us to go away????

Aren't you one of our highly educated instructors???

I really have to question your inductive reasoning and therefore your ability to instruct.

And did I miss your suggestions to end the trouble??? If so, what are they???
    Site wolf had it... they died...

You realize that the youngest millenials are 24... A good portion of them are younger than that.

I am watching different videos than you... obviously because I've seen people of all ages protesting. Hell the little town I live in had pretty much 50% of the population young and old protesting yesterday.

The world is changing... This is the natural cycle of things. It often takes the old giving way to the young for change to occur.

My suggestion to end the problem... Tackle poverty and institutional racism. Fund schools. Fund Research. Single payer health care. Have a progressive tax. Tax income earned by having money (investment) the same rate as income earned by working. Remove money from our political system.

And I could care less about your opinion of me as a teacher based on some posts on a website. You have made you disdain for education well known. It's like someone saying I hate rock and roll... and that elvis sucks at it! Inductive reasoning.. and therefore my ability to instruct. Ha ha ha ha old man.

I honestly do enjoy your posts though... Turn off phone service.... he he he he. Seriously, you are like "turn off phone service" Then Your follow up is "What's your idea?" Link your cell phone solution is going to stop the rioting... Ya know what else happened before cell phones?

Riots.
    Last edited by flips333; 06-01-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Potato potata.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I'm scared to go back and read the 81 other pages. Didn't we all just say "the cops should go to jail" and then /thread?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    you mean when we all had land lines and used those phones to call 911? Back off this dumb idea.... you are embarrassing yourself old man.
    Sluggo’s got life alert. We’re good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Here is the question, I've asked it before but didn't see an answer.

We need to stop the riots/looting. The government will get sued for doing nothing.

What CAN be done that will not result in bad PR and will stop the riots/looting?

Turning off cell phones for 12 hours won't stop them, but if the police are having trouble responding because the rioters are coordinating and moving based on data from their phones, then localized interruption of service could have a positive effect on the ability of the police to quell the riot.

What other ideas are there?

I can't think of anything governments can do today to stop a riot/looting in progress that would not be criticized.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Therein lies a big problem, almost as much as police overabusing their power. Housing projects in the inner cities are all designed to contain black communities, and it gives them little chance at breaking free of the cycle that they are stuck in. Until you've seen and interact with them, you don't have a true perception of how held down they are and how that system that gives them low income support is also holding them back.

They are also in need of the most support as far as public school funding, and don't get nearly as much as the other schools in our area due to a variety of factors.
    I lived in one of the worst cities in the country (Chester, PA) until I was about 25. My family lived there until I was 30.

I understand about school funding. And I agree to some extent. Children need to feel like their basic needs are met before they are able to learn though. Basic needs are nutrition, housing and safety. You can throw as much money at the problem as you want but unless those 3 basic needs are met, it really doesn’t matter.

School funding can help with nutrition and maybe funding in general can help with housing. But safety is a different issue. Safety is a two way street.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sluggo’s got life alert. We’re good
    I think those use the internet these days.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I'm scared to go back and read the 81 other pages. Didn't we all just say "the cops should go to jail" and then /thread?
    Yes. Then rioting/looting changed the story.

They would be inconvenienced for about 10-12 hours.

Seems like a small price to pay to help quell the situation.
    I'm all for inconveniencing people for the greater good.

But what about health emergencies or anything that could be life threatening?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

You realize that the youngest millenials are 24... A good portion of them are younger than that.

I am watching different videos than you... obviously because I've seen people of all ages protesting. Hell the little town I live in had pretty much 50% of the population young and old protesting yesterday.

The world is changing... This is the natural cycle of things. It often takes the old giving way to the young for change to occur.

My suggestion to end the problem... Tackle poverty and institutional racism. Fund schools. Fund Research. Single payer health care. Have a progressive tax. Tax income earned by having money (investment) the same rate as income earned by working. Remove money from our political system.

And I could care less about your opinion of me as a teacher based on some posts on a website. Inductive reasoning.. and therefore my ability to instruct. Ha ha ha ha old man.

I honestly do enjoy your posts though... Turn off phone service.... he he he he.
    yeah, we're on Gen Z now

and yes, the natural cycle is for the old to give way to the young...but in my lifetime (I'm old) I've seen the young expect to take over at a younger and younger age...that is NOT the natural cycle

Long term solutions do include tackling poverty and institutional racism.......how in this day and age can we have both an excessive obesity problem right alongside kids going to bed hungry? But another thing to attack is generational welfare.....we don't help people long term by giving them limited reason to get educated, get better jobs, live in nicer neighborhoods with programs that pay them not to, and pay them more to have more kids, who then end up in the exact same damn cycle. We need to create jobs and LOWER the number of people tied to government assistance.

What we need right now, tho, are short term solutions....how do we get thru the mess we're in right now feeling like the foundation is being set TO reach more solid long term goals? The end game isn't a switch we can flip on.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

And I could care less about your opinion of me as a teacher based on some posts on a website. You have made you disdain for education well known. It's like someone saying I hate rock and roll... and that elvis sucks at it! Inductive reasoning.. and therefore my ability to instruct. Ha ha ha ha old man.

I honestly do enjoy your posts though... Turn off phone service.... he he he he. Seriously, you are like "turn off phone service" Then Your follow up is "What's your idea?" Link your cell phone solution is going to stop the rioting... Ya know what else happened before cell phones?

Riots.
    You really seem hung up on this "old man" stuff. Any counselors you can speak top at what ever institution you hold forth at. (and I think one of your fellow posters, also an "educator," may be up there in age. But I guess he agrees with you. So that's OK.)

More to the point……

bolded…much of this was addressed in the War on Poverty. That's the legislation that has been going on for 50 years to the tune of $20 trillion (that's trillion with a "T"). and things are worse than ever.

As far as the old man…I've seen all this before. Detroit, Harlem, Newark, Watts. But it is much different now. No where near like it was back then. The video is much better. Crystal clear, full color. Back then it was all BW and grainy. It's much better now. Other than that … not much has changed. And that's after $20 trillion (that's trillion with a "T").

OK, ya gott me. (Well, not really.)

Now what are your ideas for ending this mess???? We're all waiting.
    Yes, really.

My ideas? You certainly haven't presented any of your own ideas (as you have so readily admitted); you're simply parroting FOX News. This **** is well above my pay grade. The only things I could begin to suggest would be for the police to solely target those that are looting and completely leave those protesting alone. The real solution would be to get at what is causing the rioting though, not trying to put a band-aid on the rioting with idiotic ideas like cutting cell phone service.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant