Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 80 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3956
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    ManRam only pays attention to whatever fits a narrative/agenda.
    Sounds like you.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Saying black people need to stop killing each other is a racist stance? Then fine. Black people should kill each other all day long. It’s all good. Golly gee, I’m glad I’m no longer a racist.

White people are not the problem. Most white people do not deal with inner city black people on a daily basis. What white people think or don’t think about black people is mostly meaningless. We have laws to protect black people/minorities against racism that intrudes on their rights.
    Therein lies a big problem, almost as much as police overabusing their power. Housing projects in the inner cities are all designed to contain black communities, and it gives them little chance at breaking free of the cycle that they are stuck in. Until you've seen and interact with them, you don't have a true perception of how held down they are and how that system that gives them low income support is also holding them back.

They are also in need of the most support as far as public school funding, and don't get nearly as much as the other schools in our area due to a variety of factors.

And what is being done about abusive police.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Had to stop in to see who Sluggo was blaming. Lol. Not surprised.
    Still waiting for you to show me who I was blaming???

2nd request.

Why no response????

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    This entire mess needs a very broad scope to move forward.

Suggestions……

Trump should address the nation tonight (or real soon) and say he understamds the issues but also be strong in mentioning that the violence and looting must stop. National Guard, US Regular Army whatever should be used to stop the violence.

I would recommend he set up a conference on the national level in DC to address all the problems at hand…racial inequality, police interaction with minorities, police training, use of force, jobs,, drugs, prison policy etc.

Let the Senate and House select 5-6 members (must be non partisan) each to attend the conference. Choose whomever they want. Invite civil rights leaders from across the country to attend, invite all 50 governors to attend or send a rep. Invite several cities to attend (they all can't have a rep. too many). There would probably be about 100-150 attendees.

Trump should chair the meeting personally. And stay with it until things are resolved.

Then sit down in DC and hammer the whole thing out. Everything on the table. And don't leave until it is done. Allow a reporter pool in so the public can hear where everyone stands. If someone is holding up the process, we will all know who. Televise the entire event if necessary. Any monies coming out of it should just be these issues and nothing else.

I realize that minorities have heard promises before, but this would get everything out in the open and people could be held accountable more easily.

……………

There are a little over 15,000 police/sheriff departments in the US.

Every one should have a federal employee assigned to it, to work in the department (not from home, not from some off-site office building, but actually in police HQ). These federal employees should be observers, consultants, advisors to the local police but not responsible to the local police…they are responsible on the federal level (maybe a cabinet position). This would be a great job for a retiring military person. Retiring military already have a lot of experience. Maybe even make in mandatory transferrable…two year station then move on to another police department so you cannot get too close to any local police officers. Point is…this is a very accountable position outside of the local police control. (And I know that large PDs {NY, Chi, LA] may need more than one employee.)

Set up a federal police training facility…to be attended for a period after local training has taken place just to cover interaction with local populations. Could be a 1 week course of intensive training. Send existing police to it first.

Consider consolidating many of the small PDs. Do we really need some of these small town PDs?? Some of this is already happening but not fast enough.

…………

Bottom line her is that we cannot go on like we are without massive changes.
    That's what Obama would do but he was portrayed as a race baiter.

He would say that the issues and concerns and real and condemn violence. He's still doing that...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Someone (can't remember who) on FOX News (GASP!!!) had a pretty good idea.

As soon as these protests / riots get out of hand, why not shut down cell phone service in the area. They all have phones. As soon as one area has police they are calling each other to run somewhere else. Turn the phones off.

As soon as these protests / riots get out of hand, why not shut down cell phone service in the area. They all have phones. As soon as one area has police they are calling each other to run somewhere else. Turn the phones off.
    I understand the sentiment but what about all of the people just sitting peacefully in their houses and places of work?

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

That would probably further crush the economy tho. It would stranglehold any legitimate business phone calls in the area.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

https://amp.courier-journal.com/amp/...mpression=true

Louisville cops, or potentially the national guard, shot live rounds into a crowd last night and another black man, David McAtee was killed. They left his body on the ground for nearly 12 hours.
    HELLO

Sounds like an astoundingly dumb idea! It's not exclusively looters in these areas and taking away phone service from people who might need to make an emergency call to their family or the local police solves nothing. Not to mention that a lack of phone service isn't going to get people to stop rioting.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Oh I don't think it's a matter of NO experience in politics (although, what did the Donald have?), it's more a matter of the career politician...and not just as president.

The concern I have/see in that regard is that, by the time MOST politicians get to the point of running for governor/senator/house/president they've either been in one of those offices before or are soon skewed by the process of being in one of them to the point they're further and further removed from even identifying with and/or knowing WHAT their constituents want. The longer they're in Washington, the more influenced they become by organizations/groups that may sometimes even run counter to what people back in their home state would like to see happen.

This is years ago in Oregon, but Bob Packwood (or as we called him PACrat) had something like 90% of his campaign chest come from PAC groups out east. So who did he serve? Then, at the same time, his ONLY address in the state that elected him...was the trailer house he'd bought in Portland for his brother to live in. But, too many vote by name recognition and he kept getting re-elected. THOSE are some of the situations that need to go away.
    Sounds to me like the problem is the money not necessarily the people. If we take the money out of the equation then likely bad career politicians will lose. It's our responsibility to elect people. I get people complain and complain... but then we vote for the same people or don't vote.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I understand the sentiment but what about all of the people just sitting peacefully in their houses and places of work?

They would be inconvenienced for about 10-12 hours.

Seems like a small price to pay to help quell the situation.

brilliant idea... until you realize people are going to need to ya know... call the hospital and ****.

They would be inconvenienced for about 10-12 hours.

Seems like a small price to pay to help quell the situation.
    Not if they have a heart attack.

People outraged they're forced to wear a mask to prevent the spread of a virus that's killed over 100K people but think the government shutting of cell service for large swaths of people to combat a couple of bad actorsis totally cool....

I don't get it man...

Police literally have all the resources and money in the world and still have no idea of how to actually do their job effectively. Amazing..
    HELLO