Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 262 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3922
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Please tell me in what profession is there never a “bad apple”

There’s always going to be examples of bad cops, teachers, firefighters, CEO’s, Forum Moderators/Administrators

I guess you expect police to have no emotion and be perfect? Especially dealing with life or death situations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I expect that there isn’t a running narrative that is accurate and supported by evidence that cops routinely murder people.

But they do.

And **** that.

And **** people that butwhatabout to hide their racist views.

If you’re blocking the highway and standing in front of cars you deserve to be run over

So, it’s ok for me to run over cops!

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    When is Trump going to head down to the protests and put his world class negotiation skills on display? No problem negotiating with North Korea and the Taliban. Should be able to easily negotiate with Americans.
    Lol yes

What do you expect people to do in this situation?

https://twitter.com/jason_howerton/s...476333058?s=21

I see tear gas seemingly being used everywhere again tonight. Often times seemingly indiscriminately.

What's cool about tear gas is it's illegal to use in war but our cops are allowed to throw it around like candy at anyone they please. That's awesome!
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, fixing the system is the same issue in this instance because the stereotypes are why we have a system which perpetuates institutionalized racism.

I'm not saying the stereotypes are right or wrong. I'm not saying you as a person having them is right or wrong. I'm just pointing out that because of these stereotypes, which we both agree DO exist, blacks face systemic racism to a clearly higher degree than the rest of us.

They are asking for the system to not operate on stereotypes. Your reply is for them to fix the stereotypes. Your reply makes no sense.

Let's use me as an example, I get the muslim stereotype, especially when flying that's just standard procedure. Now if I were to complain about this treatment, your response to me would be that it's up to me to fix this stereotype? What the **** does that mean? How do I fix it??

This is essentially your response to these protests. And they are protesting something much bigger and severe consequences than getting held up and searched at the airport. Peoples lives are being radically impacted by the prejudism perpetuated upon them by the system.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    These stereotypes impact cops because cops are human beings. We should hope to expect more from cops and typically we get more from cops. But there are bad cops and there are good cops that make human errors. That’s always, always, always going to happen. It happened in every profession. Should cops be punished when this happens? Yes. There can be no “blue shield of protection” anymore. They should lose their job and/or face charges. Should we expect it to never happen? Of course not.

The reason it happens to more black people per capita is because black people have more encounters with police than white people. We can argue over the war on drugs and Traffic stops being racially motivated/racist but black people commit more violent crimes. That is a fact. If cops were racist, how come other minorities don’t have similar high numbers of police deaths like black people do? Are cops somehow only racist towards blacks?

As I said in my previous post, it takes time and effort for these stereotypes to go away. You gave a great example with Muslim. Do you think it’s more or less difficult now or right after 9/11 for Muslims on airplanes? Do you think most Muslims have made a concerted effort to distance themselves from radicals/terrorists? I believe you just proved my point.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    It's pretty inevitable that some cops are going to act up. Even if you set aside the ones who are bad, violent, racist people... There are literally thousands and thousands of people in their face yelling at them, calling them awful things, pushing the line with threatening them. It's just human nature that a few of them will hit a breaking point and just lay someone out. That was bound to happen.
    Most likely some are just dicks and or racist.

St. John’s church is now up in flames in DC

Such ****ing animals

Not try to run over a bunch of people with your SUV when you bump into a person on a bike, who literally was the only person blocking you and had blocked you for a total of what? 0.5 seconds.

For people who were claiming to be so against violence you sure keep finding ways to support violence.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I see tear gas seemingly being used everywhere again tonight. Often times seemingly indiscriminately.

What's cool about tear gas is it's illegal to use in war but our cops are allowed to throw it around like candy at anyone they please. That's awesome!
    Police have become military cosplay. Why the **** not add some illegal **** and boot licking?

Back up when you see A LITERAL ****ING RIOT in the streets.

The people that do that aren’t stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    The system is prejudice against blacks. I see the system. I see blacks. Who is "the other" here?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    What...who..do you view as the system?
    I guess I'm looking at this from a wider view...that to fix the police problem requires improving race relations overall.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

St. John’s church is now up in flames in DC

Such ****ing animals

Ah, there’s that famous racist right-wing terminology!

Brewers 100% cares more about buildings than most actual people. Not sure if he knows that you can rebuild buildings but can't bring dead people back?
    HELLO