Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 466 of 490 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 7348
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    being black (or white, or other) does not make one a suspect, that is a point.

when someone that happens to be black is a suspect and confronted by police, it doesn't have to have anything to do with being black. a person or suspect in that situation can have an encounter with police, resist or have a physical altercation with police, and end up being shot.. and it will have nothing at all to do with being black. yet according to the statistics that someone recently brought up, it will be another incident where someone black was shot. which is exactly why I said, "these statistics don't mean **** when statistics don't take any context into account."
    Black people being rightfully treated doesnt negate black people being wrongfully treated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

This has devolved into a thread where we really need to explain to someone that profiling and stereotyping exist and why minorities are disproportionately victims of mistaken arrest or police brutality. Unbelievable. I guess the countless examples we've seen over the last how many years isn't enough evidence. The stats are all ******** too because we need to justify that those people disproportionately affected didn't do something wrong to explain away why they were killed. My mind is blown by the ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Black people being rightfully treated doesnt negate black people being wrongfully treated.

it should be separate and not lumped together.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This has devolved into a thread where we really need to explain to someone that profiling and stereotyping exist and why minorities are disproportionately victims of mistaken arrest or police brutality. Unbelievable. I guess the countless examples we've seen over the last how many years isn't enough evidence. The stats are all ******** too because we need to justify that those people disproportionately affected didn't do something wrong to explain away why they were killed. My mind is blown by the ignorance.
    not once have I ever denied this is reality and it unfortunately happening, but you're not getting the point of what I'm saying. yes there are times when this happens, but there are also times when it's not, and those should not be included.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

how many white people are shot and killed by police? more than black people. this theme you've been manipulated is not accurate.

yes there are times when someone black was shot (and killed) where it was not justified, but there are times when it was justified. it was said by media that Jacob Blake was unarmed, except that was false. these type of things do not help for why people are protesting.
    not once have I ever denied this is reality and it unfortunately happening, but you're not getting the point of what I'm saying. yes there are times when this happens, but there are also times when it's not, and those should not be included.
    Come on

it should be separate and not lumped together.
    That would be ideal, but the bigger issue at hand is the wrongful treatment of minorities. Until this is recognized and addressed, people will wrongfully bring up situations in order to compensate all the rightful situatuoms they experienced but didnt get on camera.

See, this needs to be addressed step by step..until their is recognition of the issue there is no need to.cater to.people like you. Once you recognize the issue, your issues will be automatically catered to.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

That would be ideal, but the bigger issue at hand is the wrongful treatment of minorities. Until this is recognized and addressed, people will wrongfully bring up situations in order to compensate all the rightful situatuoms they experienced but didnt get on camera.

See, this needs to be addressed step by step..until their is recognition of the issue there is no need to.cater to.people like you. Once you recognize the issue, your issues will be automatically catered to.

you're still not getting it. by including incidents where treatment was not wrong or based on race then it hurts the other valid incidents, and discredits all of it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you're still not getting it. by including incidents where treatment was not wrong or based on race then it hurts the other valid incidents, and discredits all of it.
    No it doesn't, lol, really that's just what racists say to justify their position.

No it doesn't and I'll say it again. It is a systemic issue. It does not hurt other valid incidents.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

No it doesn't, lol, really that's just what racists say to justify their position.

it's not a position. it's being smart enough to see racist incidents, and then incidents that were not racist.

this reminds me of this incident.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-da...ofiling-claims

Police dash-cam video debunks professor's racial profiling claims
    “The policeman asked me if I could speak English and if I knew why he had stopped me. I said, “yes” to speaking English and “no” to why he had stopped me,” she wrote in the letter. “The officer did not give me any reason as to why had stopped me. His asking if I could speak English shows that he had racially profiled me and was not able to give me a concrete reason for stopping me.”

When Roychoudhuri, who teaches at Capital Community College, in Hartford, gave an in-person interview in regards to her letter a week later, she repeated her claims of racial profiling and that the officer did not explain why she was stopped. She also signed a statement that it is a crime for her to make any claims that she does not believe to be true in an effort to mislead a public servant.

Most State Police cruisers, including the one that stopped Roychoudhuri, have video and audio recorders to record all motor vehicle stops. An Internal Affairs investigation examined the dash cam audio.

In the recording, the officer asks if Roychoudhuri knows why she is being stopped. When she says no, the officer is heard saying, “Okay. There’s that big gore area with white lines painted across it and you cut in front of it, in front of me, thinking it’s a lane or something. You have to wait until it’s a dotted white line.”

The investigation concluded that the officer never asked Roychoudhuri if she spoke English and that he clearly explained to Roychoudhuri why she was pulled over. Roychoudhuri was subsequently arrested for giving a false statement in the second degree.
    she said it was racial profiling/racist.. and she was proven wrong.

yes racist incidents happen.

yes incidents like this happen where they were lying or wrong. this hurts incident of real racism.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    No it doesn't and I'll say it again. It is a systemic issue. It does not hurt other valid incidents.

go ahead and read what I just posted above. not a damn thing about that incident had anything to do with race or some systematic issue.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

go ahead and read what I just posted above. not a damn thing about that incident had anything to do with race or some systematic issue.
    Yikes. Wasnt taking about an incident. The incident doesn't matter. The systemic issue still exists.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

it's not a position. it's being smart enough to see racist incidents, and then incidents that were not racist.
    How can you say this while simultaneously saying false accusations render the real ones moot?

Take your own advice buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yikes. Wasnt taking about an incident. The incident doesn't matter. The systemic issue still exists.

yes the incident matters. it was another lie, and it's something people can use to say they are full of **** with accusations of racism, because this accusation of racism was full of ****.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯