Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 302 of 422 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 6317
  1. #4516
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,134
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why should what they want be a barometer for what is generally appropriate?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s not. What renters are willing to pay is what makes the price appropriate.

    Let’s say the rent is $1500 a month and the property has consistent tenants. But the landlord raises the asking price to $10,000 a month and there’s no tenants willing to pay that crazy price. $1500 is appropriate in this case. While I’m sure the landlord would want or prefer $10,000 a month. It wouldn’t be appropriate.

  2. #4517
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,761
    Supply and demand....but that doesn't mean that there's no such thing as price gouging.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  3. #4518
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    93,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    lol at paying over 1,500 in rent per month

    I own a home and the mortgage is like 675 per month. If you have problems paying the bills don’t live in such a high cost of living area


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I live in Northern Virginia bear DC and $1500 will get me a 1 bedroom/1bath with about 700 square feet. If I need to have more people like children, then we’re approaching $2000. So either you live out in the middle of nowhere or are sharing with a couple of other people.

  4. #4519
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,134
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dont really agree with this. I own a duplex, I can say very confidently that the landlord tenant relationship is one in which the landlord naturally has a major advantage. Vast majority of America has housing shortage, people WILL pay ridiculous prices. If I wanted to play hardball I'd win easily.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    So rent your properties out for $1 a month...

  5. #4520
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32,949
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    So rent your properties out for $1 a month...
    lol, what?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #4521
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,134
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, what?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Why can’t you rent your properties for $1 a month and help people out?

  7. #4522
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,741
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    It’s not. What renters are willing to pay is what makes the price appropriate.

    Let’s say the rent is $1500 a month and the property has consistent tenants. But the landlord raises the asking price to $10,000 a month and there’s no tenants willing to pay that crazy price. $1500 is appropriate in this case. While I’m sure the landlord would want or prefer $10,000 a month. It wouldn’t be appropriate.
    If a renters are willing to pay 1500 they would be willing to pay 750. Why is the largest possible number leaving their pocket and enter the landlord’s pocket what is “appropriate”?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #4523
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    32,949
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Why can’t you rent your properties for $1 a month and help people out?
    Why would I do that?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #4524
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    14,579
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If a renters are willing to pay 1500 they would be willing to pay 750. Why is the largest possible number leaving their pocket and enter the landlord’s pocket what is “appropriate”?

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because the landlord owns the property and the renter doesn't. If the roles were reversed, the former renter would charge the former owner as much as they could.

    People don't get into the real estate business to make as little money as possible. This isn't rocket science.

  10. #4525
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,741
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Because the landlord owns the property and the renter doesn't. If the roles were reversed, the former renter would charge the former owner as much as they could.

    People don't get into the real estate business to make as little money as possible. This isn't rocket science.
    That is the way it is. Doesn’t necessarily make it appropriate. A guy with over a 100 units in Elizabeth NJ just got charged with “forcing” renters to **** him. Why didn’t they just move? Do you think he did anything wrong?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #4526
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    14,579
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That is the way it is. Doesn’t necessarily make it appropriate. A guy with over a 100 units in Elizabeth NJ just got charged with “forcing” renters to **** him. Why didn’t they just move? Do you think he did anything wrong?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, that dudes massively ****ed up. I know 100s of property owners that rent, and not a single one of them would do ******** like that.

    Hoping you understand that the entire point of owning properties for rent is to make profit on your dollar.

    Hell, we shouldn't be paying a 150% mark-up on jeans. But you know what? We do. And we always will.

    And it is 100% appropriate to make money off of the money you invest. That's the entire point of investing.

  12. #4527
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,134
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If a renters are willing to pay 1500 they would be willing to pay 750. Why is the largest possible number leaving their pocket and enter the landlord’s pocket what is “appropriate”?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There’s two identical apartments owned by two different landlords next to each other. You live in apartment A and pay $100 a month. You find out, the person in apartment B pays $2000 a month. Are you going offer your landlord an additional $1900 to make up for it?

  13. #4528
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,741

    This is why they kneel

    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Well, that dudes massively ****ed up. I know 100s of property owners that rent, and not a single one of them would do ******** like that.

    Hoping you understand that the entire point of owning properties for rent is to make profit on your dollar.

    Hell, we shouldn't be paying a 150% mark-up on jeans. But you know what? We do. And we always will.

    And it is 100% appropriate to make money off of the money you invest. That's the entire point of investing.
    100s are you in a club? Like the Bilderberg group or something?

    Anyway I agree. Just making the point that it is not an even power relationship. the fact that the landlord can get something doesn’t automatically make it appropriate bc if it wasn’t the renter would go elsewhere. I lived in a lot of apartments and had very few problems myself


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 08-08-2020 at 12:13 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #4529
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,134
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Why would I do that?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    To help people. Their needs are more important than yours, obviously.

  15. #4530
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,741

    This is why they kneel

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    To help people. Their needs are more important than yours, obviously.
    Your grasping again.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 08-08-2020 at 12:18 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •