Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 301 of 422 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 6326
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Or, ya know, keep blaming everyone else and don't give a **** about your families welfare because "dammit, I should _____”
    I think the data clearly shows how out of proportion the growth of cost or living is to min wage. You can call it “blaming others” but the reality is we’ve had two corrupt parties controlling everything for decades and they’ve squeezed out any real middle class and have favored corporate interests over the well being of Americans for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I think if you have trouble paying for your stuff and you’re making minimum wage or close to it you should:

A) Move to a cheaper location
    B) Find a higher paying job and work your way up in the company

Not sit here and complain that the minimum wage is too low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because doing those things is so easy right?

Come on. Move to a cheaper location where there are fewer job opportunities. Or where so many people move to that they drive up the cost of living. Or just sit around and starve while waiting to move up in a company that has limited higher positions that you may not get or maybe you’re just not qualified to move up to.

This is way more complicated depending on your situation. I worked my way up over the years and every notch higher there were others trying to do the same and missing out. Or people who just weren’t educated or skilled enough to move up.

Fact is there are people who may be stuck in the lower job tiers for a long time and it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have a right to own a home and keep their families healthy.

But things have drastically changed over the decades. If we want to make American great again, then let’s make it so that a beer delivery guy in NYC can own a house (like my grandfather did 70 years ago) without entering a debtor prison or working 2 other jobs, etc. Let’s make it so when people are sick, they don’t have to burn through their savings to stay alive. Healthcare used to be a duty like being a soldier or firefighter, and not a profiteering racket like it is now.

By the way, these are the types of political debates I miss. Having similar goals but disagreeing on how they are best achieved.

Not “the president used a racial slur so let’s debate whether it’s actually a slur or what his inferred intent was”.

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    If a landlord is asking $1500 a month for their property but no one rents it from them, the landlord will have no choice but to lower the asking price. But if the property immediately gets rented, it confirms the landlords asking price was appropriate and therefore the price remains the same.
    Appropriate for who and what does that have to do with paying people more?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Because doing those things is so easy right?

Come on. Move to a cheaper location where there are fewer job opportunities. Or where so many people move to that they drive up the cost of living. Or just sit around and starve while waiting to move up in a company that has limited higher positions that you may not get or maybe you’re just not qualified to move up to.

This is way more complicated depending on your situation. I worked my way up over the years and every notch higher there were others trying to do the same and missing out. Or people who just weren’t educated or skilled enough to move up.

Fact is there are people who may be stuck in the lower job tiers for a long time and it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have a right to own a home and keep their families healthy.

But things have drastically changed over the decades. If we want to make American great again, then let’s make it so that a beer delivery guy in NYC can own a house (like my grandfather did 70 years ago) without entering a debtor prison or working 2 other jobs, etc. Let’s make it so when people are sick, they don’t have to burn through their savings to stay alive. Healthcare used to be a duty like being a soldier or firefighter, and not a profiteering racket like it is now.

**** how easy he makes it sound to just go look for another job or just move into a cheaper apartment.

It’s not that ****ing easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Here’s a guy who gets it. Unlike the other guy.
    I think what the other guy gets is……

How things wok.

How things have always worked.

How things will continue to work.

He understands reality and is not a dreamer.

He also understands the benefits of working within the system.

If a landlord is asking $1500 a month for their property but no one rents it from them, the landlord will have no choice but to lower the asking price. But if the property immediately gets rented, it confirms the landlords asking price was appropriate and therefore the price remains the same.
    I dont really agree with this. I own a duplex, I can say very confidently that the landlord tenant relationship is one in which the landlord naturally has a major advantage. Vast majority of America has housing shortage, people WILL pay ridiculous prices. If I wanted to play hardball I'd win easily.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

How things wok.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    lol at paying over 1,500 in rent per month

I own a home and the mortgage is like 675 per month. If you have problems paying the bills don’t live in such a high cost of living area

You own a ******, tiny home or live in a ****** area.

I bought a 1900 sq. ft. home in 2016 because it was CHEAPER (utilities, water, trash, and insurance all included in that cost) than renting a just over 1000 sq. ft. apartment.

I was only able to do so because I had parents willing to help with college expenses and banked a sizable down payment.

The reality of rent is that, in many places, that $1500 figure IS reality. Just because you choose not to see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    By the way, these are the types of political debates I miss. Having similar goals but disagreeing on how they are best achieved.

Not “the president used a racial slur so let’s debate whether it’s actually a slur or what his inferred intent was”.
    Here here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

How things wok.

Yeah what have dreamers ever gotten us? Except for every advancement in technology or social change.

And the best opening for a motley crew song

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    That's not how it works. Landlords - and employers- will get every single penny they possibly can. They have all of the power. People don't have the time and resources to move at will, change jobs at will.

These are the exact types of things that NEED to be regulated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Both sides are trying to benefit actually....

You never felt as though you came out on top of a negotiation? Ever know someone who “had” to sell a car because they were moving? Let’s say they are willing to sell their car for $100 but you know the blue book value is $1000. Are you going to give them $100 or $1000?

No one is saying just pick up and move. I’m saying don’t rent properties you feel are out of your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Appropriate for who and what does that have to do with paying people more?

Appropriate for the landlord. The landlords goal is to get the most rent possible for their property. Why should it not be?

Appropriate for the landlord. The landlords goal is to get the most rent possible for their property. Why should it not be?
    Why should what they want be a barometer for what is generally appropriate?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.