Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 115
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,806

    Toxic Political Environment

    I saw this thread on Twitter and was curious. If your best friend was on the other side of you politically would you ever consider losing your friendship with them over their political beliefs?

    https://twitter.com/michelletandler/...1BFpUA4JqDT9Xw


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,660
    That person seems to be spend a lot of time with "friends" that criticize how much she is on Twitter and what it's doing to her. Almost makes you think it's r/thathappened material.

    Anyway, sure. Political beliefs aren't relegated to just tax policy and whether we should have red light cameras or some ****. If someone can't respect the existence of other people, then why would I want to continue to be friends with that person? This idea that you should be able to freely believe what you want with no consequences and everyone should just have to accept it is absurd and seems to come almost entirely from people whining about the consequences of their actions.

    No one is obligated to be your friend. If you turn into a bigoted *******, it would be ridiculous to even expect them to. For some reason we get this with everything until you label something a political belief, and then it's like this protected thing.

    If you're friends with Jeff for ten years, but he keeps showing up to your house drunk and throwing up on your couch and hitting on your wife, you're eventually going to tell Jeff to **** off and stop coming around; so why, then, should Jeff get a pass if he shows up sober and instead tells you that it's his "political belief" that you and your husband shouldn't be able to get married or have any spousal benefits and your kids are being brainwashed with CRT by their commie public school teacher?


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,326
    A sampling:

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Not even responding to your dumbass


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Liberals are ****ing clueless


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Please just do us all a favor and leave the site


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    There isnít a more useless piece of **** in this section than Mngopher

    ****** mod and poster


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Shut the **** up you useless piece of crap. You already wrecked the section when you were modding


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    **** YOU


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Go cry some more, *****


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    You canít answer it. Youíre a bunch of douche bag hypocrites


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Lmfao youíre dumb as hell


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,806
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    That person seems to be spend a lot of time with "friends" that criticize how much she is on Twitter and what it's doing to her. Almost makes you think it's r/thathappened material.

    Anyway, sure. Political beliefs aren't relegated to just tax policy and whether we should have red light cameras or some ****. If someone can't respect the existence of other people, then why would I want to continue to be friends with that person? This idea that you should be able to freely believe what you want with no consequences and everyone should just have to accept it is absurd and seems to come almost entirely from people whining about the consequences of their actions.

    No one is obligated to be your friend. If you turn into a bigoted *******, it would be ridiculous to even expect them to. For some reason we get this with everything until you label something a political belief, and then it's like this protected thing.

    If you're friends with Jeff for ten years, but he keeps showing up to your house drunk and throwing up on your couch and hitting on your wife, you're eventually going to tell Jeff to **** off and stop coming around; so why, then, should Jeff get a pass if he shows up sober and instead tells you that it's his "political belief" that you and your husband shouldn't be able to get married or have any spousal benefits and your kids are being brainwashed with CRT by their commie public school teacher?
    So if you were best friends with someone all the way back in middle school/high school and never had an issue. Then 15 years later you found out he voted for Trump you would seriously say you didnít want to be friends anymore?

    Thereís so much more outside of politics. Seems crazy to me people would drop a friendship over their political beliefs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So if you were best friends with someone all the way back in middle school/high school and never had an issue. Then 15 years later you found out he voted for Trump you would seriously say you didnít want to be friends anymore?

    Thereís so much more outside of politics. Seems crazy to me people would drop a friendship over their political beliefs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't say anything about Trump.

    Are you saying your political beliefs aren't part of who you are? Again, we drop friendships all the time because someone is a ****** person. What makes political beliefs special?


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,806
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I didn't say anything about Trump.

    Are you saying your political beliefs aren't part of who you are? Again, we drop friendships all the time because someone is a ****** person. What makes political beliefs special?
    You donít know why that person voted the way they did.

    Just because you vote one way or the other doesnít make you a ****** person either. Some of my best friends are left leaning or even progressive. One of my favorite and best teacher in high school was a huge progressive and we would always talk politics after or before class and we got along.

    Saying you wonít be friends with someone because of how they voted is plain dumb


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    You donít know why that person voted the way they did.

    Just because you vote one way or the other doesnít make you a ****** person either. Some of my best friends are left leaning or even progressive. One of my favorite and best teacher in high school was a huge progressive and we would always talk politics after or before class and we got along.

    Saying you wonít be friends with someone because of how they voted is plain dumb


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Again, I haven't said anything about voting for anyone. You keep talking about voting and ignoring everything else I've said, while answering exactly zero questions I asked.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    20,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I saw this thread on Twitter and was curious. If your best friend was on the other side of you politically would you ever consider losing your friendship with them over their political beliefs?

    https://twitter.com/michelletandler/...1BFpUA4JqDT9Xw


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a ton of Democratic friends. We're all friends and get along fabulously. However, none of them act as immaturely and as narcissistic as the nates, DBs, nynarcissist, Mets....and a few others on this forum.

    If any of my liberal friends acted in that manner, it would absolutely be an adversarial relationship.

    Damn good thing that these weirdos up in here are not representative of the party they cling to with a death grip.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,660
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I have a ton of Democratic friends. We're all friends and get along fabulously. However, none of them act as immaturely and as narcissistic as the nates, DBs, nynarcissist, Mets....and a few others on this forum.

    If any of my liberal friends acted in that manner, it would absolutely be an adversarial relationship.

    Damn good thing that these weirdos up in here are not representative of the party they cling to with a death grip.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    20,755
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Nah dude. You're definitely one of the weirdos. You aint hugging up on me.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    48,660
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Nah dude. You're definitely one of the weirdos. You aint hugging up on me.


    "It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    13,621
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I have a ton of Democratic friends. We're all friends and get along fabulously. However, none of them act as immaturely and as narcissistic as the nates, DBs, nynarcissist, Mets....and a few others on this forum.

    If any of my liberal friends acted in that manner, it would absolutely be an adversarial relationship.

    Damn good thing that these weirdos up in here are not representative of the party they cling to with a death grip.
    Did you tell all your liberal buddies about that time a mod edited your post in the politics section of a sports forum and you lost your **** over it? Or about the super racist terms they were throwing around...like "thems". I could go on but you get the point.

    Probably not cause they'd think you're a weirdo, you ****ing weirdo

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 11-05-2022 at 06:39 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    19,719
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Damn good thing that these weirdos up in here are not representative of the party they cling to with a death grip.
    Unfortunately, the republican posters here do represent the republican party very well.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

    Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

    Robert Louis Stevenson

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    51,419
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I have a ton of Democratic friends. We're all friends and get along fabulously. However, none of them act as immaturely and as narcissistic as the nates, DBs, nynarcissist, Mets....and a few others on this forum.

    If any of my liberal friends acted in that manner, it would absolutely be an adversarial relationship.

    Damn good thing that these weirdos up in here are not representative of the party they cling to with a death grip.
    Coming from the guy who *****es at grocery clerks, lies like he breathes and consistently makes sexist jokes that 13 year olds wouldn't find the humor in, this is funny. As I said before, irony is lost on your dumbass.

    Who are you to call anyone immature and narcissistic? Look in the mirror.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-05-2022 at 09:36 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,887
    Anyone else feel like this is another thread about the GQP complaining that society rightfully wants to distance themselves from the insanity that has become the republican party?

    "Why is the political environment so toxic? Why do people hate on me because I want to control a uterus? Why do people hate on me because I spread lies? Why do people hate on me because I sympathize with nazi style rallies? Why do people hate on me because I post jokes? Why do people hate on me because I say one thing but do the opposite? Why do people hate on me when I complain about something but then simultaneously support it when it benefits me?"

    These are the questions really being asked.

    As has been said already, freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom of consequence. You say inflammatory and hateful things, you face consequences. People don't want to be around you anymore. People don't want to associate with you. And despite all attempts at civil discussion, after enough "cry some more"s people just say forget this fool.

    Interestingly enough, the start of this post screams "I need to cry about something". Hold on while I call the wambulance.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •