Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 262 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Agreed. A police officer needs to trust another police officer with his life. There's a bond in that which very few professions match. That's part of the reason why officers protect other officers. That said, someone has to have enough guts in that situation to get Chauvin off Floyd. The problem is the 2 of the other officers were new to the job and the other one already had an excessive force lawsuit filed against him.

It was a bad recipe. Like i said before, if you are applying to be a cop, there needs to be a more thorough vetting process, annual psychological evaluations, more integration into minority neighborhoods, stronger discipline (up unto firing) for cops with multiple serious complaints, more training to de-escalate situations and the use of less necessary force in situations that call for it.

That's not full proof either but its more thorough than what they are currently doing. That's just a small list too. There are more ways to make for a better police force.
    Another part of it would be work on the demilitarization of the police force.

On top of that, I dont care what position a soldier had for how long in the armed forces. Marines, Army, Navy, etc.

Should have to go through the same process as everyone else to become a cop.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Still see no changes.......

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Goes to my controversial point that the cop population is not a normal distribution of the general population from a personality/characteristics perspective. They tend to skew to the overly aggressive need to beat people up probably because they were abused as children end of the curve. Just like a certain type of male gravitates to a hair stylist, there is a certain type of male that is attracted to police work - See Derek Chauvin

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    You are correct about this but then show me a union that does not do this. All unions blindly support their members.
    It's not the unions that continuously find these murders not guilty. Union is nice distraction. The biggest problem is we have systemic racism which has not gotten any better coupled with the fact that a certain type of individual gravitate towards police work - people that enjoy abusing the powerless. Not all but most.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    He literally gave up his job as a professional athlete to do what he is doing. He's building a brand of being a great community leader. Your comparison is beyond stupid
    He did not “give up his job.” He was a declining athlete who came up with a premise to profit off of social injustice. This isn’t to say social injustice isn’t real. It’s to say that Kaeps main reason for kneeling was to benefit because the culture we live in we allow him to do so. Plenty of NFL players use their “fame” to create money and awareness for whatever cause they choose to. Kaep has not raised awareness for his “cause.” He just made a bigger name for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Kaep has not raised awareness for his “cause.” He just made a bigger name for himself.
    You literally are proving your statement to not be true
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    He did not “give up his job.” He was a declining athlete who came up with a premise to profit off of social injustice. This isn’t to say social injustice isn’t real. It’s to say that Kaeps main reason for kneeling was to benefit because the culture we live in we allow him to do so. Plenty of NFL players use their “fame” to create money and awareness for whatever cause they choose to. Kaep has not raised awareness for his “cause.” He just made a bigger name for himself.
    I'd argue he has done both (along with pissing off a bunch of patriotic sports fans for daring to sully the national anthem).

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

that doesn't exist in other workplace environments. If I saw another lawyer doing bad ****, I would turn them in myself. And I would fully expect them to do the same to me. Its not my job to protect shitbags like this cop, regardless if he has the same job as me.
    And that's the problem with the police fraternity. I said it in the Arbury thread. Look at the Baltimore Gun Taskforce. 7 cops extorted people, committed crimes, wrongfully imprisoned people, planted evidence......the list goes on. In a department on 2500 officers, no one reported them until an external audit came through.

Willfully ignoring that stuff is just as bad as being there doing it. Especially when we are talking a department that size.

You literally are proving your statement to not be true
    How so? Black men still die at the hands of police justifiably or not. His “protest” drew attention to himself. Mostly in a negative fashion from ppl who felt he disrespected the flag/anthem/US.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd argue he has done both (along with pissing off a bunch of patriotic sports fans for daring to sully the national anthem).
    I agree. His protest was mostly about him though- his antics, like or dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Every time this happens there is an outrage for a few days then nothing. Time moves on, it happens again then the outrage for few days then nothing. People still bash BLM and counter with Blue Life Matter, while the democrat leadership comes out with worn-out scripts with no heat for change then go back to bashing Trump. I am more outrage about this vicious cycle then the deed.

Then I get bash for not voting for Biden. By the way where is Joe? The civil right marcher, when to jail for Mandela, and the best do-gooder for black issues for blacks Uncle Joe. You know Corn Pop buddy

Then I get bash by the moderated here for not voting for Biden. Got to get that supreme court seat. I will quit before I start cussing out everything in sight. Begging for ten minutes for his life. A forty some year old man gasping for air in the dirt crying for mother lying in his own urine. This is why I have no patience for some of our posters when talking about Black Issues. talk, talk talk talk
    You know you’re wrong, that’s why you’re so defensive and asking for everyone’s permission to not vote for Biden. You know full well you’re giving the thumbs up to everything Trump’s done these last 4 years by throwing your vote away. I hope you’ll wise up by November.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    You know you’re wrong, that’s why you’re so defensive and asking for everyone’s permission to not vote for Biden. You know full well you’re giving the thumbs up to everything Trump’s done these last 4 years by throwing your vote away. I hope you’ll wise up by November.
    You are ridiculous.

Humans suck ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    What's the odds that Biden will even be upright come November?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!