Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 258 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well yeah, I think it's unreasonable to think she would randomly call the cops on a black man and tell them he was threatening her life.

But she definitely emphasized that she was going to tell the cops it was a black man.
    what did he mean by this?

"Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it."
    if she is going to call the police, what is he going to do that he wants to that she is not going to like?
    a woman alone in the park, that could be scary regardless of who it's coming from.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It seems the people who want to make it abundantly clear that it's not all police that are bad and we shouldn't judge them all on some of their actions are the first people to vilify the entire protests because some of them loot.

Does the same logic apply or not? If you can't separate the majority of the people who are protesting for a just reason from the bad ones, why would you expect people to be able to separate the majority of the cops who are good from the bad ones?
    I don't see anyone vilifying the entire protest because some loot or riot. those that are rioting, and looting, and burning the neighborhood, they are wrong.

in comparison, if some are legally protesting the removal of a statue in Charlotesville and some racist white supremacists are also there to cause trouble, why should those protesting also be vilified?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No it's not.
    rioting deflects attention to the rioting/looting and not on the police officer that should be the story for the death of George Floyd. how many people rioting are even aware that the FBI was already investigating it?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh, brother. Can always count on you to stick up for the oppressors instead of the oppressed.
    I'm not sticking up for anyone. I specifically said "per rules she should have had the dog on a leash." she was in the wrong for what she did, but she could have also been justifiably afraid because of what he said.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I'm not sticking up for anyone. I specifically said "per rules she should have had the dog on a leash." she was in the wrong for what she did, but she could have also been justifiably afraid because of what he said.
    I think it'd have been a clean kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Why is a police officer not turning another police officer different than a mechanic not turning in another mechanic?

CPA not turning in another CPA

Nurse…nurse

Butcher…butcher

Baker…baker

Candlestick Maker…Candlestick Maker

What is the difference????
    that doesn't exist in other workplace environments. If I saw another lawyer doing bad ****, I would turn them in myself. And I would fully expect them to do the same to me. Its not my job to protect shitbags like this cop, regardless if he has the same job as me.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Why is a police officer not turning another police officer different than a mechanic not turning in another mechanic?

Nurse…nurse

Butcher…butcher

Baker…baker

well, on that I'd say there IS a difference....

If I'm a CPA and turn in another CPA, I can go to another firm and the fact I turned them in doesn't necessarily follow me to my new firm. If I'm a police officer and turn in another police officer, I guarantee that fact follows me and that some, regardless of cause, will view me as a snitch. Police officers expect fellow officers to watch their back. CPAs have no such expectation.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Nurse…nurse

Butcher…butcher

Baker…baker

The fact that it needs to be spelled out for you further shows that there's no point trying to talk some sense in to you. The police's job is to protect the citizens of the area they patrol, not kill innocent people and create a relationship with their community based on fear. That's quite a bit more responsibility and power than a butcher or a baker (duh).

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

I agree here. I don't think this situation in the park was racism. but I've seen people claiming it was.
    Of course you don't. Let's fire that special race thread back up for old time's sake!

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

rioting deflects attention to the rioting/looting and not on the police officer that should be the story for the death of George Floyd. how many people rioting are even aware that the FBI was already investigating it?
    Everyone is well aware that the rioting and looting is because of what happened with George Floyd. Not saying these looters chose the best route to express themselves but what they are doing is certainly keeping Floyd's name on the tip of everyone's tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I said he’s building a brand off of them...
    I don't suppose you've considered that if cops would stop killing black people unnecessarily that there wouldn't be a brand available. Did you?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Entirely solved by putting your dog on a leash, and not behaving like an entitled ****. This is the problem with all of this, we have made a thousand excuses for her behavior at this point yet I've heard no theories on his behavior. Christ, I think we've been there and back on wondering what her history with black men might have been. Is this serious? Hey, maybe that guy was assaulted when he was a child by a super intelligent labrador who put all of his personal information online and the lady came across that information only to discover that off leash dog walking had become his biggest fear. Knowing this, she probably went to the park and let her dog off leash just to threaten him because he nailed her sister in college and didnt call. FFS
    Alright but isn't that like saying Arbery is solved by not stealing a hammer from the site or not grabbing the gun?

I am pointing out that when someone gets threatened and then fears someone due to what they may do to their dog it is likely to get an over the top reaction. This is based not on anything but the action taken that could present this fear. I mentioned when Valade made the comparison to Arbery, the threat creates a fear here for the dog which is likely to get a reaction (just like chasing someone with guns confronting might get one like him grabbing it).

The context in this situation matters, he could have not threatened her and handled it correctly avoiding the reaction completely by not creating that fear (like the Mcmichels didn't need to chase down and had others handle it).

There is a huge difference between police officers not turning on another police officer vs a baker not turning on another baker.

If they had no power...then fine. But they do. And it's their responsibility to do so. Or they're a piece of ****.

If someone died or was abused and you don't turn them in or testify against them, you're the lowest of low.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    There is a huge difference between police officers not turning on another police officer vs a baker not turning on another baker.

If they had no power...then fine. But they do. And it's their responsibility to do so. Or they're a piece of ****.

If someone died or was abused and you don't turn them in or testify against them, you're the lowest of low.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Agreed. A police officer needs to trust another police officer with his life. There's a bond in that which very few professions match. That's part of the reason why officers protect other officers. That said, someone has to have enough guts in that situation to get Chauvin off Floyd. The problem is the 2 of the other officers were new to the job and the other one already had an excessive force lawsuit filed against him.

It was a bad recipe. Like i said before, if you are applying to be a cop, there needs to be a more thorough vetting process, annual psychological evaluations, more integration into minority neighborhoods, stronger discipline (up unto firing) for cops with multiple serious complaints, more training to de-escalate situations and the use of less necessary force in situations that call for it.

That's not full proof either but its more thorough than what they are currently doing. That's just a small list too. There are more ways to make for a better police force.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-28-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Am I reading this right, we're now comparing protecting our fellow employees when they murder someone to protecting our fellow employees when baking bread, cutting a piece of meat, or making a candle incorrectly?

All of this just to justify our racism. Very nice. Reminds me of how horrible of a person Pelosi was for showing off her glamorous stock of ice cream.